Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Fill Today.. Could use input please

Well, I'm 11 weeks out and had my first fill today. The doc put in 1.5 cc. I really didn't know what to expect and it was quite different. He told me to do liquids for the next 48 hours. I first thought I was going to throw up when he put the saline in because I had to swallow Water and tell him whether or not it was going down okay. It was like I could actually feel the tightening happening. Did anybody else have this feeling??? I guess I'm afraid when I start back on solids in a couple of days that things might not go down. I guess I realized today that filling is not an exact science. Can anybody give me an idea of how things might go after I finish my liquids in a couple of days??? I'm assuming that I will go back thru the cycle like I did coming off surgery and gradually work my way back to solids. Thanks for any insight you guys can give me!:help:

I had my second fill today... We could have ran into each other and not even known.... My appointment was at 12:50 and Dr. Lusco filled me to 2.7 cc

It's so cool we go to the same doctors office...

My fills so far have been a breeze; I can tell today I'm much tighter and I've done a Protein Shake tonight and it went down fine but I could feel the difference from yesterdays feeling.

After you finish your 48 hours of liquids, slowly transition back into the solids working your way up from very soft and easy to chew foods. Take small bites, paying close attention to how well things are going down. If everything seems fine, continue adding more foods back into your daily diet. If you have any problems with mushies, don't progress to solids and talk to your Dr about a slight unfill. You'll be fine as long as you don't leap head first back into the foods you were eating prior to your fill. Better to be safe than sorry right? :confused:

I had my first fill in January just 1 cc, I did not feel anything, They told me liquids and musshies also, but, it did not bother me at all, they require us to wait 2 weeks until the fill has had time to adjust before coming back. In about 2 more weeks I went to have another fill. They put in 2 more cc's total of 3 now, and liquids and then the same you had stated, really no restriction again, so I had to wait 3 more weeks and went back again, this time they put in 2 more cc's for a total of 5. I really thought it would make a difference as well, but again very little difference.

I waited again 3 more weeks and went back to describe how I felt. The Doctor then took out all the fill to check and withdrew 5 cc's (Correct), then put back in an amount, did not tell me ( It was 8cc's) asked me to drink Water, and it was tough, so they took out 1/2 cc for a total of 7.5 cc's. Its been 4 weeks now, I lost 7 lbs the 1st week, as taking out all the fill and putting it back in made my stomach swell, took 5-6 days to get back to the point I wanted to eat.

Now I am very tight in the morning, a little tight at lunch, but by Supper, I can eat most anything, weight has stayed the same during this time. Yes, I have to be very careful when eating in Morning & Lunch, chew very well and then some, I seem to have truble with chicken, & bread, it can fill that it might get stuck. I have learned to sit up straight when I eat, don't bend over as it can kink the swallowing process, then sometimes if I get up an walk around, I can fill it going down or a slight burp. Every body is different, each purson seems to do better with different foods.

Sometimes I have Salmon, no problem with fish, I do have some rice sometimes, and that too, gives me a problem, just sometimes, The Rice. I find if you eat meat , that it helps me to have it moist or put catsup or steak sauce on it, makes it go down better.

Yes, I'm going back for a little more, to get to that perfect spot, Keep it up, 4 fills and at 7.5 cc's probably will get 8.5 cc's total soon

Danno

my doc only had you on liquid 24 hours... i had no problem going to food, ,, just remember to chew well, you will learn how fast you can eat, and how much you can take in... i had 1.8cc in i still need a pinch more... everyone is different. you just have to see how you can progress.... hope it helps...

Thanks for the input folks! I figured I would have to go back to my post-op "basics". I guess I'm just a little scared so I will definitely err on the side of caution. I appreciate you sharing!! :-)