Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Are You Banded???

I'm answering this before I read everyone else's responses because I did not want others to influence my answer. I've been wanting the band for a long time, for years, n had not done much research. As a matter of fact I didn't even know my insurance paid for it and just found out 2 months before I had my surgery that my insurance would actually pay for it. I got the band because I needed the extra motivation some how or another, to eat better. I've always liked my Protein, veggies and fruit but always over ate. With my band I feel forced to follow certain rules of a better lifestyle. I was always on diets n just wanted a better lifestyle. I am morbidly obese according to my BMI. The band is going to help me live a better life, a longer life, see my children graduate from high school, n college, see my grand children, help me feel better about myself, give me more confidence, look better, n overall b a healthy. I was so scared to have all my blood work done but was glad to find out that I had no co-morbiditys. I can still b that healthy person I've always wanted to b and my band is going to help me get there.

i was at my highest weight ever' date=' it was hard for me to walk and it was getting hard going to the bathroom...i felt i was as wide as i was tall..i was in serious trouble...i researched for 6 months all wls and liked the band...it took me some time to find a dr who accepted my insurance..by the time i found one, i was about to give up and then i found out i was going to be a grand mother....i wanted to be able to push the baby around the block...that was my goal..

my band and plication helps me eat less (and i mentally make myself aware of the foods i eat..if i eat, its going to be something good for me and filling and what i want)..my band helps me and that is why i love my band.

why was i banded...so i could save my life

and for this:

my grandbaby eryn and my air force son wyatt[/quote']

Carolina girl this brought tears to my eyes, it reminds me of why I got my band. I love my family so much n have a great relationship with My kids, siblings, nieces, nephews, brother n sister in laws, n yes even my in laws. Not only do I have a great family but I also married into a great family. What would I ever do without them n what would they ever do without me! I'm not going away because of my weight.

B-52 my band has given me motivation n hope. Hope to have a future full of life vs. The life I had been living. I was taking 2-3 hour naps a day n now just from working out I try taking a nap n can't because I have energy. The band gave me that extra motivation I needed n I know that I have to follow lap band rules or else I'm gonna b in trouble. On WW I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I didn't go over my points. I could eat all my points in one meal if I wanted to with the band I can't. The band keeps me satisfied for hours which is what the band is made to do not to fill me up or change my feelings about food. My 1cup of food lasts for hours. If I didn't have the band n only ate one cup of food I'd b "starving" in an hour. Although our brain isn't banded I know the band has helped me make better, n healthier food choices n almost feels like I have a band around my brain.

I feel no need to sell the band to anyone but myself. For me, it was the right decision. I wanted a new lifestyle and a tool to help keep me on track. That's that the band is to me. What it does for anyone else is up to them.

All GOOD answers, everone has their reasons for loosing weight...

BUT...

I think most misunderstood my question......What do you expect the band to do in order for you to acheive your goals???

A few people have reponded and said they find that the band has taken away their hunger and cravings.....what about everyone else? We have all

went through this surgery expecting something.....

the band has not took away my craving or took away my hunger...my plication and band has helped me eat less.

i must be dumb as i dont know what question you are asking exactly so forgive me now for appearing as such

Carolina girl this brought tears to my eyes, it reminds me of why I got my band. I love my family so much n have a great relationship with My kids, siblings, nieces, nephews, brother n sister in laws, n yes even my in laws. Not only do I have a great family but I also married into a great family. What would I ever do without them n what would they ever do without me! I'm not going away because of my weight.

B-52 my band has given me motivation n hope. Hope to have a future full of life vs. The life I had been living. I was taking 2-3 hour naps a day n now just from working out I try taking a nap n can't because I have energy. The band gave me that extra motivation I needed n I know that I have to follow lap band rules or else I'm gonna b in trouble. On WW I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I didn't go over my points. I could eat all my points in one meal if I wanted to with the band I can't. The band keeps me satisfied for hours which is what the band is made to do not to fill me up or change my feelings about food. My 1cup of food lasts for hours. If I didn't have the band n only ate one cup of food I'd b "starving" in an hour. Although our brain isn't banded I know the band has helped me make better, n healthier food choices n almost feels like I have a band around my brain.

well bless your heart...its pretty hard and embarrassing to write i was nearly as wide as i was tall and that my arms had trouble going around me, but its the truth..i had to face truth, face reality to accept what is before i could make that change...and how after the band, again accept responsibility for following the rules or not...my band gave me my life back....eryn's meme is rocking it

I wasnt 100% sure to be honest... Smaller portions, no appetite and inability to eat steak. lol.

I expect the band to do the work not me! I expect this very expensive surgery would take my hunger away and give me Portion Control. I didn't think I would have to think so much and plan so much . Also I am uncomfortable when I do eat sometimes. It is early 4 months so I'm hoping this band will kick in. I am frustrated right now. Did not have a good day

Honestly I hadn't done much research before I got the band n started looking at utube video n looking up stuff on line but not too much. I thought the band was going to make me feel full. Like when I were to serve myself 1 cup of food I thought I'd only b able to eat like half n b able to say whoooo I'm full n physically can not eat any more. I have now realized that the band is not here to make me full but instead it's supposed to make the food I do have last longer. It's a lot of hard work or has been for me n lots of times I feel like I'm still on a diet. Im having to track my calories, choose healthier foods to eat, n have been working out a lot. I've only got I fill so far so maybe when I get to my goal weight, I won't have to track any more. Choosing healthier foods n working out will have to b a part of my life forever but hopefully with the band, tracking will have just been a tool to help me become healthy.

I understand the question - and it is a good one. How does the band help you on your journey, not will power, right food choices or excersise which are all choices we make personally to help us to goal. Ask me in a few fills :). I still feel like I am making the right decisions though will power right now! I appreciate the question and all the responses!

​I got the band because I suck at dieting or at least following through for a long time. My lung doctor signed me up and told me you're going to the meeting and having the surgery. Best advice. I am off all prescription medications from before the surgery, so that is a wonderful thing. I now go to a gym and didn't before and really enjoy it. I can move better and walk longer, more than 5 minutes was a chore for me now I can walk about 1 mile. I want to live to see my grandsons all get married and out live my almost 95 year old mother!

great question.

I had this done cause I was done with diets.

That's my 1 and only reason:)