Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm losing weight because I want to....

general_antiope
Sign in to follow this  

I want to look good in tailored clothes. I want my belly flat again. I want my confidence back! I'm tired of seeing my picture or reflection and feeling so depressed. My husband is always saying "you're pregnant" or "you just had a baby" over the past 6 months when I express my unhappiness, but I'm tired of that.

I want to get to my pre-pregnancy weight by May (40 lbs...totally doable) and down to goal (another 50-60) by the end of 2013 (also totally doable). I think these are realistic goals based on previous experience. BUT, I'm not going to obsess on the scale. It will take as long as it takes. I know I'll get there.

I tend to get scale obsessed...scale doesn't go down, I get totally frustrated.

Sooo, I'm really going to try to focus more on the non scale things. The biggest thing I want is to feel better in general, to have the energy to play outside with my kids, and to walk up steps without knee pain. And i'm not going to lie, I totally want to be able to go shopping for clothes in any store I want and not have to worry about the clothes fitting!

My #1 is that I want to feel better. I am disabled and spend way more time in bed than in healthy. I want to be productive again. I want to get excited about doing a project and actually complete it. I want to feel better about the way I look. And yes, I want to buy cute clothes again. It is so very hard to find cute clothes for people our size. They are always grandma clothes, and I'm not old enough to look like my mother yet. I want to go in the school and have my daughter be proud of the way I look. Right now she gets embarrassed because I am fat and I limp significantly. And another goal, if I can get my body to do it, I want to learn to dance with my husband! I hope losing weight helps me to walk better so that this is possible.

I used to say my ultimate goal is to go scuba diving, but that until I could look good in a wet suit, I wouldn't even think about it. Now that can see me getting down in size, perhaps I don't want to scuba dive as much as I thought. {fear}

I want my top to match my bottom. I've always been top heavy, so I know I'll never be able to do strapless because of the shoulder grooves, but I want to buy a suit off the rack and not have to switch the bottoms out! Maybe I'll even get some butt and hips along the way, cause I sure don't have them now! lol

But for real, I'm losing as I said in my other post, to come off of meds, and prayerfully be around a long time for my 18 year old daughter! It's just she and I...and I want to watch her reach milestones in her life.

I want to be able to take my dogs for long walks. I want to be able to clean my house without being exhausted. I want to sleep without a restricting mask (sleep apnea). I want to be able to stop taking a gazillion meds. Looking better in my clothes is just an added plus.

I want to be able to keep up with my 9 & 10 year old little girls. I want to join them at the park instead of watch from the sidelines. I want to ride roller coasters and not wonder if the bar is going to lock into place. I just want to live again!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I want my top to match my bottom. I've always been top heavy, so I know I'll never be able to do strapless because of the shoulder grooves, but I want to buy a suit off the rack and not have to switch the bottoms out! Maybe I'll even get some butt and hips along the way, cause I sure don't have them now! lol

Haha I'm also apple shaped. IT sucks!!! Suits off the rack? LOL no way. Separates are our friends. And never say never about the strapless shirts/dresses. Your life is about to change in a big way, prepare to have your mind blown on big and little things over and over :)

want to learn to dance with my husband!

How cool! What kind of dancing do you want to learn with your DH? (and does he know what's in store for him, lol?)

The biggest thing I want is to feel better in general, to have the energy to play outside with my kids, and to walk up steps without knee pain. And i'm not going to lie, I totally want to be able to go shopping for clothes in any store I want and not have to worry about the clothes fitting!

Amen on fitting into clothes without bawling in the dressing room! LOL. Yes I miss the energy I had 50 lbs ago. And my knees are starting to complain some mornings too when I go up and down the basement steps...what's up with that?! Can't wait to relieve the pressure on my joints. You'll have to let us know when you start feeling relief. Any kind of clothes you're looking forward to trying on?

I want to be able to take my dogs for long walks. I want to be able to clean my house without being exhausted. I want to sleep without a restricting mask (sleep apnea). I want to be able to stop taking a gazillion meds. Looking better in my clothes is just an added plus.

What kind of dogs do you have?

I want to be able to keep up with my 9 & 10 year old little girls. I want to join them at the park instead of watch from the sidelines. I want to ride roller coasters and not wonder if the bar is going to lock into place. I just want to live again!

How cute, little girls! I have a baby girl right now. I can't wait until she's a toddler and making me run after her, I can't even imagine how fun being 10 will be. I'm with you though - I want to get lean and healthy so she and I can have uninterrupted fun as she grows. Rollercoaster fiend, eh? Got a favorite?