Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is a current pic of me, taken at Disney...

I couldn't resist doing this. Hope you don't mind, Mandy. It's SO good to see you looking so happy! I know how much you were looking forward to that trip, and all of the stress you went through over this past winter with your daughter. You look fantastic, girl! Yay!

post-204351-13813133343687_thumb.jpg

post-205630-13813133130188_thumb.png

Cool, Susan! Thanks for posting Mandy's photo series all together like that!

Mandy, my band-sis! You are looking fantastic, and I'm not just saying that. I mean it! Your trim and fit, and your hair color is great!

Thanks for posting that picture, and being such an inspiration...it seems like yesterday we were wondering if we would ever be in the position to inspire others! Well, you certainly are!

Look at this thin legs, you don't look like you ever had a weight issue.

The book in your hand reminds me of the long lines I stood in with DGSON for those famous autographs.

We were lucky, there were characters everywhere. We managed to fill 2 books with autographs. And we took 500 pictures, over 10 days. We have friends that work in EPCOT so we have a personal tour guide on his days off. We really had a blast, I was able to do parks from morning to late evening without napping or going back to the room for a mid-day break. My DH laughed at me, I carried the back pack and pushed the stroller everywhere, I said the extra weight of the backpack helped burn more calories. He said my weightloss had gone to my head and I was getting a bit calorie crazy. But that backpack weighed about 9 pounds and then I had a 45 pound child in a big stroller, I think that is why I came home smaller but weighing the same, I built muscle and lost fat. Our family really needed time to relax and recharge. The time spent with good friends that are too far away helped us recharge too. It aways feels good for me to be "home" at Disney. I have very fond memories of my dad holding my hand and walking down main street with me as a little girl and I want the same for my Abigale. I lost my dad when I was 12 and those are some of the memories that really stand out from my childhood. I can stand on main street in the Magic Kingdom and just cry like a baby on each trip. It is a good healing cry and I always feel better after I am finished. I wanted to share my pictures to inspire others and also to show how much my band has changed my life. In the first picture (btw Thanks, Photonut for the side by sides) I am resting on the fence, not posing for a picture, the second was taken just 8 short weeks after my band surgery, in front of my favorite Disney steak place and the last I am posing after a very long day of rides and shows at the Magic Kingdom. We were not on our way back to the room, we were on our way to do another theme park. If this band can change my life this much I just know that it can work for others too. You guys are my band family and I just wanted everyone to see how great things are for me and my family right now. We have been through so much in the last 5 months and it seems like things are finally getting better, I am just relieved and blessed to have a band family to not only share my hard times with but also my joy. Thanks guys for being there when I need you and also for letting me just be me. ~Mandy

Mandy, you look GREAT!! My last trip to Disney World was 2 weeks before my surgery & I was MISERABLE!! I was so big, hot & uncomfortable. One of my goals is to go back there as a thin person & actually ENJOY it.

Your pictures have inspired me!! THANK YOU!!!!

Skinny, I'm getting there, normal, I don't think there is any hope for me in that department. ~Mandy

Mandy ~ You are a beautiful woman!! Thanks for the inspiration although I don't hold out hope that my legs will ever be that thin!! :rolleyes

I didn't think my legs would get smaller either but they are. I had thunder thighs and now they are getting more and more normal with each size I get into. I was able to wear a 22 but had to buy a 24 to fit my thighs, now I am in a 14 in everything with no poblem, I am even buying some 12's. Keep walking and don't give up hope for your legs, they will get smaller. ~Mandy

Good for you you look fabulous. Such skinny legs! God, that Mickeys a porka though -- anyone talk to him about the band yet!?!?!?!?!?

Keep up the great work! You look awesome!!!

Mandy -

You've turned into a little bit of a thing! Congratulations! You look awesome!