Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any advice on what they do/say at consultation? Im self pay... Will they give me an exact price today of how much it will be? So excited to start the process! Nervous too!

Hey girl! Yay! its finally here! I would expect them to give you an exact price, I went to a seminar before having my consult and they gave out the exact price and what all it covered at the seminar. I was super nervous on my consult day, I didn't want them to assume anything about me and tell me this wasn't a good idea that I should do another procedure (sleeve/bypass) they didn't, they asked me which I was interested in and I told them the band and we didn't even talk about the other options, I suppose I looked serious enough when I told them I wasn't even considering the others. Then they showed me a band explained how it works, went over basic nutritioin changes, expectations for loss, etc. By the time she got finished with her "spill" if you will, I didn't have any questions left, just ones for the insurance lady! All of which made me feel even more comfortable because they really knew what they were talking about. I had a list of 6-7 questions when I went in but she answered them all as she was talking to me. I hope it goes well for you! let me know!

I'm doing my first visit tomorrow. OMG so excited! It's a new life ahead :)

I had to talk to the insurance lady to get the exact price, which I had to request, but I wasn't self pay.

Be sure to ask lots of question- anything you feel you need to know. The doctor is always the best person to get advice from. Make sure you get an overview of what to expect pre and post op- this way you know what you must have on hand. Some docs require a pre diet others don't. See if their is a question or help line/email. My doctor has an email address you can send questions to and he will respond in 24 hours- this has been a HUGE help to me.

Good Luck- Congrats on the start of the wonderful journey.

Any advice on what they do/say at consultation? Im self pay... Will they give me an exact price today of how much it will be? So excited to start the process! Nervous too!

I was self pay and they told me to the penney how much it would cost, and here was a discount for cash over credit.

This isnt their first rodeo so if you have a good practice then will give you all of the financial info upfront.

As for the Dr... I would ask him everything under the sun... about pre op diets, post op diets, eating as a bandster, does he have any rules on things like carbonation and straws, what his follow up appointments are like, his stance on fills.... everything from A-Z

Consultation went great! He answered every single question I had and I found out the exact price. Pretty much I go for the tests on a Monday (whichever Monday I choose, as soon as this coming up monday) and I start my 3 day liquid diet that day and then have surgery that Thursday. So I'm planning on the week of feb 4 for surgery! So excited/nervous/anxious for surgery and recovery!!!

Great!!! And only a 3 day liquid diet - lucky you ;) I have a 10 day pre op diet...its all good tho! Oh I so hope I have a date after my class Tuesday :)

I did luck out with only a 3 day diet. My dr said he doesn't do the 10 day diet anymore which is fine with me. I heard its one of the worst parts. I'm glad it's only 3 days. Now I just have to run everything with my boss and schedule my testing and surgery. Can't believe it's so close!!!

Your surgery is close and Best wishes and prayers.

Surgery was moved back and is officially scheduled for March 14. So glad I have a for sure date! :)