Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill still no restriction

As the VERY successful bandster above says, It is all about restriction. I couldn't/didnt manage to limit myself to 1 cup of food per meal without proper restriction.

I posted this in response to another bandsters question, but it may be applicable here too.

Oh how I wish every office that gave fills had a fluoroscope machine to give them with. My doctor ( whom I REALLY, REALLY like )never had a problem finding the port, but there are advantages to using one. Heres my story about fills. My Doctor's office got the machine about a year after I had been banded. Only after the first fill using flouro, did he confirm what I had been saying for about 5 months... I had NO restriction. Because my band had come undone. Yes, the band had come unsnapped. I knew when it happened. My Dr's first to have this happen with hundreds of bands placed. Dr fixed it asap! Now all his fills are done using the machine....and now, standing up. Never any trouble finding the port. Never ANY pain. He/You can see the restriction as the adjustment happens. Your Doctor can get you so much closer to restriction by looking at it instead of guessing. My insurance, Aetna, pays for my fills. If your self pay, it is more expensive. BUT SO WORTH IT

Oh i could have written your post, was banded 11/10!

Lost 10lbs on liquids post op and since then nothing... My family and friends now i had it done so i feel like a failure known there looking at me weekly :(

I also have 4cc's, due for another fill i 2weeks.

At the moment i feel like im on a hard diet, im calorie counting and its hard to deal with the hunger, esp when im getting little results.

I lost the plot with my weightloss consultant whos also my nutritionist on the phone the other day... I know it all takes time but its very frustrating :(

starbaby11 we are not failures it just takes a little time, I know how you feel I want instant gratification but after all the replys I have received I know it will work it will just take a little time, lets hang in there and we will be successful I have faith, I am hungry but have faith. :)

It took me 8 or 9 small fills to get to greenzone over a six month period and I had 4.8 cc in my band on day of surgery, I'm now at 8cc, I started noticing restriction after my 4th fill but as I lost weight in the stomach area it would disappear and I'd get another small fill every two weeks then every three weeks and have been at greenzone for a while now. It can be a frustrating process but once you get to where you need to be that part is forgotten and it gets much easier, well it did for me personally.

Ye we will lyd, its tough going esp when so many are loosing huge amounts of weight so quickly.

It will be worth it in the end.

It will be worth it, I know its slows but I remain positive. I am sure everyone struggle at the beginning.

This thread is so helpful! I lost 23.2 lbs during the first 4 weeks post op and after my first fill I've maintained and lost a couple more, but I don't feel like the band is doing its job. I quests I need patience.

I'm going through the same thing right now. I had my first fill 1/14 and still don't feel like I've been banded. This Monday, 1/28, will be my second fill. I'm hoping to notice a difference. My doctor fills every two weeks until the green zone and then visits go to once a month.

Just got my second fill this week to 6cc and I feel a differance! Hang in there I was thinking the same way as you four days ago...... hoping it lasts!