Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you PB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you PB?

• Never have.
    • Less than 5 times since I had my band.
    • A couple of times a month.
    • A couple of times a week.

geez......im one of the ones that pb twice a week atleast:cry

when i do i know that i have eaten to fast or havent chewed properly

Yeah, my surgeon laughs when I call it a PB... he calls it a "small vomitous episode". I read someone here call it an upchuck... I like "spit-up", sorta like a baby that spits up when it burps. Not really "vomit" per se... but there's food involved.

I track golf-balls, slimes & PBs separately. On my scale, golf-ball isn't that bad. It means I caught it in time, lol. If I slime or PB (PB= actual food, slime = saliva coming up), then I didn't follow my rules, lol.

I'm currently at 2 days without any of the 3 bad things, woohooo!!

Since I got some real restriction a few weeks ago, I have PB'd twice. Once last night on a piece of deli ham of all things! Ugh... so not fun and very, very painful. It's very weird what causes it...

I slime more than anything, which I consider a little less than an actual PB... if it's only slime but the food stays down (sorry, graphic).

I've probably only actually PB'd less than a dozen times since being banded, but I slime decently often. Altogether though it's a few times a month... every now and then a month without :confused:

I've been banded almost 5 months and I havent PB'd yet. I've had minor discomfort every now and then usually when I've started eating too fast or with difficult things like bread but overall I can and do eat everything but dont PB.

Oh I'm one of the a couple times a week PB'ers but I'm working REALLY hard to reverse this trend. I started with a goal of just one day without a PB and managed to make it to eight days. Today I blew it, PB'd on some salad. Sigh. Tomorrow my "just one day" begins again.

For me....eating too fast and eating the wrong stuff is key. I also PB when stressed from work or upset (had quite the episode when I got into a spat with my boyfriend over breakfast). Also, I'm VERY prone to PB when I have PMS and all the way through my period. So I have two weeks a month where I've been known to PB on a liquid! A liquid!!!!

Also...if I let myself get too hungry to where I'm *starving*..the combo of probably eating too fast AND my tummy feeling tight from being so hungry is a damn near lethal combination.

Can I just say I'm glad to see so many chimed in with the couple times a week? Sheesh, I thought I was the only one!!!!!

Yeah I have not had a fill since Dec 05 and I still have PBing episodes. Im having one right now from eating a little piece of steak. It has actually lasted about 5 hrs now.. It's becoming very painful and making me very angry. I sometimes put my head back while standing, which works very often but.... not today.

I am going on three weeks banded now and just started eating some soft solids. I have not PBed at all.

Heather

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I was banded on 2-3-06, I did not know how to describe the event, but I have been PB'ing since my first fill. I need to slow down and eat less. Some days I will PB several times--YUCK</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Please don't take this as anything but sincere concern. All of you who are PB'ing on a regular basis - this is going to lead to eventual damage that could cost you your band. Please do what you need to do in order to stop this. Slow down, stop eating things which you know cause problems, get a slight unfill - whatever you need to do. Jachut and I are good examples of people who aren't filled so tight and yet we are still losing weight at a good rate. Please do not think that the weightloss is worth the risk of remaining overfilled or eating troublesome foods. It isn't. You may be happy with the rapid weightloss but if that band has to come out because of problems developed from so many PBs, that weight loss wont be a reality anymore. And, many of you get so tight that you have to resort to liquid calories and typically end up stalling your loss or even gaining because of the sugars contained in liquid calories and the lack of Portion Control.

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I hope that what I've said has made some of you think about this. I want to see all of us succeed, and when I hear so many talking about this as if it's just part of daily life it worries me.

Hi this survey for newbies? I have PB ed about 6-7 times in 3 years, so more than 5 times but statiscally not very often, so I guess I dont see how this survey really gauges anything.....

Babs inTX

334/180 ish

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Photonut,

I am not offended at all, please tell how the PD'ing affects the band? I am still learning all about this.

I have been working to not PB as much as I had concerns as to if it would enlarge the esophogus.

Your words will help reinforce the need to slow down and stop sooner.

Thanks

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have never PB'd. But I have never felt tight or even good restriction yet. I am loosing well so far, so I am not going to push it any further for a while.