Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Jeez! How long were you even at the hospital???? That was FAST! My surgery is EARLY on the 29th and I have to stay the night. That's going to stink!!!!

I went back to OR at 11:00 and got home at 3:00. So far I am just a little sore. No gas pain unless I drink too many drink in a row. Trying to just take sips. Trying some bullion right now. Been up walking around like they told me. My sweet husband has been taking care of me.

I have been blessed to have felt so good the first two days after being banded. I am on day three and I think all of the anesthesia has worn off because my insides are really not feeling so great. I am still excited to be in the recovery phase. Makes sense to not feel great it was surgery after all.

I have surgery in 3 days. Anyone have any advice for me on what to eat or not to eat? I do the Protein Shakes 2 times a day and still feel hungry. I think it's all in my head cause I am nervous.

But, I am glad to be having it done. The only bad thing is.... I have no one to help me out after surgery. My an is against me having it done now. He said he will not stay home the day after surgery. He is going back to work. I also have a 6 year old son. Ugh!!

I have surgery in 3 days. Anyone have any advice for me on what to eat or not to eat? I do the Protein Shakes 2 times a day and still feel hungry. I think it's all in my head cause I am nervous.

But' date=' I am glad to be having it done. The only bad thing is.... I have no one to help me out after surgery. My an is against me having it done now. He said he will not stay home the day after surgery. He is going back to work. I also have a 6 year old son. Ugh!![/quote']

So sorry to hear that. Wish you had a better support system.

I can say maybe you will not feel that bad. I am 2nd day post op and I actually feel pretty good. I am up loving around well and just a little sore.

Good luck. ~hugs~

But, I am glad to be having it done. The only bad thing is.... I have no one to help me out after surgery. My an is against me having it done now. He said he will not stay home the day after surgery. He is going back to work. I also have a 6 year old son. Ugh!!

That is so sad! I wish I could come help you!!!! Hang in there and even though we can't help with the physical support.....we're certainly available for your emotional support!!!!! We're rooting for you and I will be praying that you DO have an easy time of it and that he comes to see how hurtful he's being. :(

Blessings, Alicia

I had my surgery Thursday and I have barely eaten since. I need suggestions on this liquid post op diet. I barely eat or drink anything I just can't make myself. I've lost 8 pounds since Thursday.

I'm having the same problem; although I think I stumbled on the reason last night. I think two things are happening -- 1) my band is too tight and 2) I'm having mild gas which makes my stomach think I'm full. I'm treating the gas and still trying to make sure I eat. I see my doctor on Monday and will address with her if the band is too tight.

God bless my mother. She may not have agreed with it wholeheartedly but she is willing to support me. She was there to take me to the hospital, and to bring me home after I got stuck overnight because of a reaction anesthesia. I'm having the opposite problem to you. I have no appetite at all and have to make sure I'm eating. My doctor sent me home with a sheet that said I could have pureed Soup, applesauce (any of the flavored kinds) sugar free Jello, pudding, etc. As I replied to another posting, although I feel great with only minor achiness around the incisions, I've had mild gas which is not great. It sometimes makes me feel nauseous, but I am losing weight.

Had my pre-op labs and appointments done this morning. Met up with a nice lady who was banded 3 weeks ago. We were in seminar and class together. She was self-pay, so she didn't have to wait for insurance run-arounds like I did. We exchanged numbers, and it's great because she lives in the next town over from me! She said everything went great and it's the best thing she could have done for herself. It's nice to have someone close by who is a month ahead of you.

I am sure this is normal but it would make me feel good to hear that somebody else has swelling at the incision site. It is the longest incision above my belly button. It doesn't look infected but it is pretty swollen. I just had surgery so duh, but it would still make me feel better to hear this is normal.

I am sure this is normal but it would make me feel good to hear that somebody else has swelling at the incision site. It is the longest incision above my belly button. It doesn't look infected but it is pretty swollen. I just had surgery so duh' date=' but it would still make me feel better to hear this is normal.[/quote']

It's normal, mine did the same thing. Mines still a little swollen and my surgery was last Friday:)

My op is on the 8th if Jan. it's getting close and I'm getting quite worried.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I had mine the 8th too! How are you feeling! For me everyday gets better & better! Down 14lbs too!

Hi everyone! January 8 for me. No pre-op diet... wonder why? Makes me a little nervous. Wishing everyone the greatest journey!

Same here! And no pre op diet for me as well! How are you feeling? I'm loving this experience!

It's normal' date=' mine did the same thing. Mines still a little swollen and my surgery was last Friday:)[/quote']

Thank you! Thank you!

Had my surgery today! Very sore but I've been walking around to ease the gas pain. Best wishes to all my fellow bandsters!

Had my surgery today! Very sore but I've been walking around to ease the gas pain. Best wishes to all my fellow bandsters!

Congrats and welcome to the other side!!!