Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Revision Post-Op complications :(

I had my Lap Band surgery Nov 2006 and had great success with it until late 2008 when several majorly stressful life-altering changes came upon me. I developed stress-related ulcers and as the story goes my Band was never successful again. I wasted 4 years of my life being unhappy with my Band. Being afraid to eat. Not knowing if I could eat or if I would be vomiting. Fast-forward to 2012 and I finally found stability again in my life and was ready to revisit the idea of a Lap Band revision. I had my revision surgery a week ago Wed (Dec 5th, 2012). My doctor corrected a hiatal hernia while in there and I was feeling pretty confidant and great and on the right track until two days after my surgery (Fri) when I became overly nauseous. I dry-heaved for hours that night. I called my doc in the morn and they had me come down for an office vist and called in a rx for anti-nausea med. It didn't help at all. I dry-heaved that night too and the next. Sunday I had a break from it and felt pretty good. Nevertheless on Monday morning (first day back to work) my Doc called me to see how I was doing. He wanted me to pick up a second rx he had called in for me for a different anti-nausea med that would dissolve on my tongue. (without insurance it is NOT cheap, I might add) I took it Mon night after work and within 10 minutes I was dry-heaving violently, racked with chills and misery. I did not that until after 2 in the morning. On Tues I woke up and went into my doc office to be put on IV to get fluids. After that I felt prettty good. No more nausea. However, and this is where I'm getting to the entire point of this post, Wed (yesterday) and all day today I have that terrible "leaky faucet" feeling in my stomach that I used to feel all of the time when my band had slipped prior to revision surgery. And my throat/chest area burns when I inhale or exhale. And I have a splitting headache that will not go away, and seems to get worse when I eat or drink. I am going back down to my doc tomorrow morning for a swallow test, but I really am at a loss here. Has anyone any advice or support to offer me? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Do you think all of the dry-heaving caused my newly stiched band to slip again? Could the hiatal hernia have reopened with all of the dry-heaving? :( Very sad and feelings defeated.

Melanie, 33

wow u poor I wish I could help you but all I can say is drink warm Water and rest as much as you can and I hope you feel better soon.