Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bread, rice and pasta

The answer is every "body" is different. I can not eat Pasta or rice ( a few noodles maybe) cause i feel uncomfortable. bread for the most part is out for me. Once in a while i can have a few bites. Not worth it for me.

Good Luck

Wendy

Ok,

For those of you that have the band already, is it really true that you can eat NO bread rice or Pasta at all? That's what my nutritionist said. What are the effects you have actually experienced if you do?

I can eat anything I wanted....but some items are just not worth the effort and very risky...like walking through a mine field....so I found it easier to just write them off.

That includes red meat, rice, bread and Pasta.< /p>

I can eat a slice of pizza for instance, but it would take me 30 minutes to do so and I can feel the warning signs all the way of getting stuck...so I don't bother with it.

For me it is just too risky.

I learned very early on, once I had a few fills, for me the trick was learning to "Listen" to my band, and obey the signals. Once I did that, it was all a "Piece of Cake"

Also, if I stop and look at the things I no longer eat, there are not many that were good for me in the first place.

pizza is what I miss the most.

I could eat anything I wanted until my last fill that I think got me to the perfect restriction. Now any soft breads or pastas will get me stuck in a heartbeat (things like spagetti noodles or soft loaf bread). I don't have a problem with toast as long as I take small bites and chew well, also the lean cuisne and smart ones pizzas go fine, but again small bites and chew. Rice doesn't give me a problem, but I haven't tried dry white rice - I eat brown rice and it isn't cooked dry and sticky.

All in all I try to keep the bread, Pasta, and rice to a small amount a day. I eat a little and when I do I try to make sure it's a complex carb (whole wheat).

Can't eat any of them but come on its not a death sentence. Your body does not need these things. We all got obese because we ate too much of any of those things. I do not miss bread, rice or Pasta. I find so much more good tasting foods then any of them.

The answer is every "body" is different. I can not eat Pasta or rice ( a few noodles maybe) cause i feel uncomfortable. bread for the most part is out for me. Once in a while i can have a few bites. Not worth it for me.

Good Luck

Wendy

I agree 100%. To say the band doesn't stop you from eating anything may be true for one person, but not another. I absolutely cannot eat breads or pastas or I will be stuck. Doesn't matter how well I chew or how long I eat. So you just have to see what works for you!

Can't tolerate most breads-becomes too Gummy and gets stuck...........Rice is fine....Pasta fills me up too quickly....so, I just stay away from them....I use to only go for Pasta dishes...not any more!

Never eat white rice... it is the worst for carbs. I can eat very crusty bread, but not the soft parts, so no loaf bread. I can eat Pasta, but I chew the heck out of it and have only had it 5 or 6 times in 13 months. Not worth it. I stick with good lean protein/meat, fish and high Fiber veggies, and only sweet potatoes, with splenda, no butter.

I'm late to this party, but I thought I'd share my experiences, too. I am able to eat breads in small quantities. Usually it's about 3/4 of a slice of Sara Lee 45 cal multi-grain or 1/2 of an Orowheat Double Fiber English muffin. Toasting them seems to make them easier to tolerate as well

I can eat tortillas, but usually make them crispy by heating them in a skillet or baking them. I get 100% whole wheat tortillas and I'd say I can probably eat about 1/4 to 1/2 of the soft taco size.

I can eat a small slice of thin crust pizza but I have to take my time and I usually ask for extra sauce. A few times I have indulged in pizza Hut pan pizza when I've been there with my family - what I do is get extra sauce on it, then I scrape the sauce, cheese, and any topping off the crust. Then I cut the crispiest part of the crust off and discard the rest. I take very small bites of the crust and chew them well. It's crazy to think I used to be able to eat 4 slices of pan pizza AND breadsticks too!

What I find very strange is that I can eat Cereal without any problem. I assumed this would be an issue because it gets mushy and because of eating it with milk, which is essentially the same as drinking while eating. But as long as I take small bites, chew well, and pay close attention, I can eat Cereal. This is good for me on my work days because I can't fix eggs like I do for Breakfast other days. I can take the cereal to work with me, but I can't fix eggs at work! I recently discovered Special K Protein cereal which has, in a 3/4 c serving, 120 cal, 19g carbs, and 10g Protein. I was eating Fiber One Caramel Delight until I realized it has 41 carbs per serving!!!!!!!

White flour breads, pastas, and rice, are worthless nutritionally anyway, and I am so surprised to find that I don't miss them. And even though I can eat what I listed above, I don't eat it very often. I'm trying to learn more about this carb cycling eating plan so I'll have to be even more intentional about when I eat these items!

I can't tolerate bread at all, but haven't had any trouble with rice or Pasta