Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance reversal

Well the good news is....they can't repo your band lol, On a serious note, I fee like there's more to this story, why did they decide to reverse it? They must have given you a reason...were you entitled to coverage under that plan? I'm not sure what tricare is but I know someone who was getting medicaid but they started making too much money to qualify for medicaid so they had to pay for all those things they did cover when she wasn't entitled to it. Idk but whatever the situation is, it sucks that you had to file bko. My cousin pays $80/ fill, maybe you can pay out of pocket? I wouldn't use that insurance for anything lapband related since there's an issue...just my opinion!

Military members can't sue but dependents can...with that said' date=' it would definitely be a long, tough road ahead suing the government...So glad you are on your way to having a new doctor.....I wish you well![/quote']

Thanks... Waiting on operative report to be release from hospital

Approval was given by 3rd person vendor. Received two approval letters And where physician received authorization however Tricare states they have the right to deny a claim at any time. Still receiving EOBs where they have paid some charges but for the most the surgery bill is still outstanding.

I'm in Hattiesburg and Dr Donald is my doc! He's AWESOME! I also deal with insurance and I know tricare can reverse for lots of reasons. I'm sure you've checked all this since you decided to declare bankruptcy.... Make sure they have you right in that system not just the Humana system.

Ready to change my life!

My appointment is scheduled for feb. 13 with dr. Girod. Looking forward to appointment

What kind of insurance did this to you?

Tricare...

I HATE insurance companies!

this scares me since I am trying to have my lapband approved with Tricare. Are you prime or standard? Have u called them?

this scares me since I am trying to have my lapband approved with Tricare. Are you prime or standard? Have u called them?

Prime....

Yes, I have called them. they are slowly paying some of the bills but have not paid for the surgery.

I'm in Hattiesburg and Dr Donald is my doc! He's AWESOME! I also deal with insurance and I know tricare can reverse for lots of reasons. I'm sure you've checked all this since you decided to declare bankruptcy.... Make sure they have you right in that system not just the Humana system.

Ready to change my life!

Laura....thanks.. Great group of people. Well worth the drive.

I specifically asked Tricare. I was told if you have an authorization in writing you are protected by that and as long as all providers are in network there should be no problems. Don't give up :)

I also have tricare prime! They would not approve me for the band without me going thur hell first:( they wanted me closer to 40 bmi. I gave up on the thought of getting the band done after I checked on out of pocket pricing until one day by the grace of god I seem a ad in the paper on post. My prayers had been answered, they open up a baratric program here on post at Fort Knox Ky;) I didn't pay for anything and it was done here at Fort Knox and that is where I go for my fills and support groups! Didn't have to do n e thing with tricare! Thank goodness since I read about your post! Good luck

Ive struggled with Tricare but finally won!