Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doc may have been right and now I dont want to face her

So back at the start of October, I had a fill of 1.7cc...which took me to 7.7cc in a 14cc band.

for the first full week I couldnt keep anything down, even was having trouble with keep Water down.

On the 7th day, i called doc and insisted she squeezed me in THAT day and do an unfill...she let me come in, but once she had me drink the white chalky stuff and seen how it went down, she insisted i was still too loose, NOT TIGHT! well that made no sense to me at all since i couldnt keep anything down...so i pushed and pushed and she agreed to do an unfill...asked me how much and i said .5cc. well up til about a week ago, this was working fine for me.

Now however, i am finding myself needing a small snack in the evening again (which i had not been doing since the unfill) and im eating slightly more than the cup of food, 3 times a day, that im suppose to be at (which as been all ive needed since hte unfill)

So im thinking i need to get the .5cc put back, but admittedly im letting my "pride" i guess you can say, get in the way...i dont feel she was right that i was too lose with that .5cc in...but maybe i shouldnt have had an adjustment at all and not been so damn stubborn lol.

I know i shouldnt let something like that stop me from getting an adjustment, but its the only thing holding me back from calling...is it possible that i did the right thing but having the unfill, and my band has just loosened up since then?

I have lost 12 lbs since the unfill on 10/2 so 9 wks ago.

Go to liquids and Protein Shakes for 2 of your meals. Then some yogurt, SF popsicles and SF jelly for the other. Try this for a few days to see if you can handle this. Maybe you need a bit of healing time after a fill rather than a normal 24 hours of liquids which my surgeon recommends after each fill.

You did the right thing. You should not be vomiting on the band. that's not what the band was intended for, it's a tool and sometimes you have to adjust the amount of Fluid to find the right amount to feel good but yet restricted. It's different for everyone. Don't be afraid to ask for a fill now that your possibly in need of one. Your dr is probably expecting you to call for a fill soon since she thought your band was loose and even took fluid out. Time to put your big girls pants on and call her. That's what the dr is there for.

your dr performed surgery on you and seen you (at your highest weight)

do not be afraid/ashamed to go back to them. this is who they are and what they do. go to the dr and get it over with... call the dr, go and get yourself took care of and continue on this journey.

Our bodies are finicky, some people even swear to have finicky bands ;) maybe that tiny boy of full was too much at once this time around... I'm positive your doc has seen this before, don't be ashamed. Get back to the doc, follow up is the key to success!

If you have lost 12 lbs and its been two months since your unfill you probably are ready for a fill anyway. Your band is loose because of the time and the amount you have lost. Go in and get your fill. You are only going to slow your progress if you wait and then your nurse will be made about that instead if your unfill :-)

It seems perfectly normal that you now need a fill, you have lost 12 pounds and it's been 2 months. I don't think it means you were wrong about the unfill at all. Go in! You have nothing to be ashamed or feel bad about. Keep up the good work!

Doctors go to school for a long time. I assume mine knows what he is doing! Trust yours.

i just called and made appt for the dec 17th...i already have appt made for my next appt with nutritionist, which is on dec 14th..so once i speak with her if she agrees i need the fill, based on my food diary and what not, then i will do it...if she thinks im good where im at, then ill cancel it. The more i think of what can happen if i dont get it done (meaning gaining back any of what ive lost) the more i realize i need to do this. The surgeon is often at the bariatric center when i go to see nutritionist, so if i see her in passing, ill let her know im coming and why, and that way the "uncomfortableness" of facing her will be in passing rather than when im laying there while shes doing the fill lol

I'm thinking maybe your Dr was right and the reason you couldn't keep things down was eating too fast or too big a bite or too much. IMO

That being said, I'd still go back and just be honest and say it didn't work out. DRs deal with this stuff every day.

Remember"just b/c we can eat anything, doesn't mean we should".

Best wishes!

Completely agree with Maddysgram! She's got the right idea!

I'm thinking maybe your Dr was right and the reason you couldn't keep things down was eating too fast or too big a bite or too much. IMO

That being said, I'd still go back and just be honest and say it didn't work out. DRs deal with this stuff every day.

Best wishes!

trust me the first few days i thought i may have been eating too fast and such..except i was eating one bite fine, wait cpl mins and eat a second bite and it would get stuck and come up...and even if i just had some Water between my "meals" it was coming up, not just burping but actually coming back up...so that wasnt the problem.,,and it continued that way for a week..i almost went sooner to get unfill but was trying to wait it out cuz tons of posts on here that i read were saying to give it at least a week before jumping the gun..so i did.

Best wishes!

i know we shouldnt eat just anything simply because we could...the last week or so that i have been able to eat more, i havent every time..even tho im still hungry (physically not mentally) after my 1 cup of food. only a few times did i put a few more bites on my plate...and even then, i would still be hungry...but willpower kept me away...which isnt always successful as most of us on here know. I am not saying my doc doesnt know what shes doing, but I lost 8 lbs in the 8 days that i everything was coming up...so something wasnt right and the doc did say i was right for being concerned and at least coming in, before i got on the table, she was almost certain my band had slipped and that was why i was having probs...but that wasnt the case.

i know we shouldnt eat just anything simply because we could...the last week or so that i have been able to eat more' date=' i havent every time..even tho im still hungry (physically not mentally) after my 1 cup of food. only a few times did i put a few more bites on my plate...and even then, i would still be hungry...but willpower kept me away...which isnt always successful as most of us on here know. I am not saying my doc doesnt know what shes doing, but I lost 8 lbs in the 8 days that i everything was coming up...so something wasnt right and the doc did say i was right for being concerned and at least coming in, before i got on the table, she was almost certain my band had slipped and that was why i was having probs...but that wasnt the case.[/quote']

You're absolutely right something was wrong and instead of forum advice, see your Dr.

Glad it wasn't a slip.

Best wishes!

First of all you have absolutely nothing at all to be ashamed off, even though your doc said back then you were too loose the amount you had put in in one fill was obviously too much in one go for your body to handle. If you were doing all the right things re tiny bites, chewing well, waiting a minute between bites and you were suffering the way you did you were right on insisting getting some taken out. You know your body. The point where you are at is close to greenzone and having smaller fills is the way to go at this stage so you don't blow right past it and into the red zone. Now that was a few months ago, now you are starting to feel a bit more hungry and wanting to snack, those are signs you may need a small fill to get you back to that comfortable zone. You've lost weight and some of it is probably in your stomach area and that's why the band is a touch looser. You need to constantly tweak your band with fills till you get to where you need to be. Some people need more fills more often, some don't. So please get this shame out of your mind as you have nothing to be ashamed/ embarrassed about.

I have 8 golden rules I must follow for the band to be successful and one of those rules is to be in regular contact with my Bariatric team no matter even if I think an issue is silly or not. That's why they are there.