Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Pre-Op diet tomorrow Anyone Else

Mine is on the 21st too! I started the liquid diet last Friday. The first few days were rough but they are getting easier!!!!

You have to do 14 says of the liquid diet?

Current pre-op wt 344

You have to do 14 says of the liquid diet?

Current pre-op wt 344

By hanging out here you will find all Drs are different on the rules. Hence the statement you'll hear a lot on this forum, "follow your Drs orders".lol

Some ppl have 2wks of liquid, some like me had no pre op diet. Some Atkins & some sugar busters. We all different, but the same.

Best wishes to you on your journey!

And yes, we can all do this!

By hanging out here you will find all Drs are different on the rules. Hence the statement you'll hear a lot on this forum' date=' "follow your Drs orders".lol

Some ppl have 2wks of liquid, some like me had no pre op diet. Some Atkins & some sugar busters. We all different, but the same.

Best wishes to you on your journey!

And yes, you can all do this![/quote']

Yes, I have noticed. I have several friends that had it done and they were on strictly liquids while I get fruits and veggies in moderation. Thanks for the support!

Current pre-op wt 344

Yes' date=' I have noticed. I have several friends that had it done and they were on strictly liquids while I get fruits and veggies in moderation. Thanks for the support!

Current pre-op wt 344[/quote']

Anytime! We're all in this together.

Started 7-day pre-op diet today. 870 cals/day most of which are Protein drinks. I'll hate this but it can't be worse than the juice fast, HCG or any number of others I've tried. I can do anything for 7 days.

Monday Night Football w/out beer - what a concept!

I started my 14 day pre-op diet today. I even went for a walk this morning! Yea me!

i saw my surgeon today and he gave me my pre-op diet. All liquids, and ONLY 500 calories a day!

AND i go back and weigh in on Friday, and he wants a 6-7 pound loss. I really cant imagine losing that by Friday.

I wonder why the wild and crazy variations in the pre-op diet?

nikils015,

If you stick to what he prescribed, you'll probably lose the weight. You'll be miserable, but you will lose it. Just remember, this is only temporary. When is your surgery?

I'm scheduled for the 26th.

He DID say that if I made my Friday weight, that I could eat Christmas dinner. That was nice, and an unexpected surprise. Think he was feeling sorry for me!

I have several 12 hour shifts between now and Friday, though. Those are going to be rough. Im already exhausted and groggy.

Well, I'm only on my second day of 2 Protein Drinks and one meal of lean Protein, veg and fruit and I'm tired, hungry and have a headache. I'm normally not a whiner, but I'm a little cranky! That's what I get for being so undisciplined for such a long time. :) I did go to the grocery store this morning to get some things and I exercised remarkable restraint. My next step will be to clean out the refrigerator and pantry.

I've been figuring out "menus" obsessively. A 500 calorie limit allows me 4 Protein shakes a day , with a bit of wiggle room left over for Jello and broth.

Im just afraid that ill do everything he says and STILL not hit my goal for Friday. My metabolism is not the greatest.

i saw my surgeon today and he gave me my pre-op diet. All liquids' date=' and ONLY 500 calories a day!

AND i go back and weigh in on Friday, and he wants a 6-7 pound loss. I really cant imagine losing that by Friday.

I wonder why the wild and crazy variations in the pre-op diet?[/quote']

It can be done amazingly. I started my diet 12/14 and as of Monday I lost 4 lbs. I am on a liquid with 2 cups of veggies and 1 cup of fruit per day. We can do it!!!

Current pre-op wt 344

I've been figuring out "menus" obsessively. A 500 calorie limit allows me 4 Protein shakes a day , with a bit of wiggle room left over for Jello and broth.

Im just afraid that ill do everything he says and STILL not hit my goal for Friday. My metabolism is not the greatest.

I'm no doc but if you're concerned about your metabolism you might try going for a walk or two to get it jumpstarted. I get why you wouldn't - I'm purposely not working out during this phase because I get uncontrolably hungry when I do.

I'm actually getting less exercise right now, because i feel like i need all my energy at work. Im a nurse, and brain fog can be ....scary.

The dog is not even getting her walks. Which Im sure I'll pay for !

So... my two week pre-op liquid diet is over... surgery is at 9:15 tomorrow.

What I have learned over the past two weeks is that I am capable of getting through holiday parties and lunches and meals drinking broth and juice. It was the fastest two weeks of my life and now there is no looking back. I already feel better, I am off of all of my insulin already. I am so excited about the weeks and months to come! Thanks for all of your messages and inspiration over these last few weeks, it helped so much to get through hunger, and confusion and fear.....I will check in and let all of you know how surgery went. I am so EXCITED for all of us!!!!!!!!!! Keep on going!!!