Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring Bootcamp 2006

No more ff coolwhip or sugar free Jello for you Brenda. Be hard on yourself. You can do it! Don't even shop in that aisle anymore. Don't even do the Jello if you feel it's no good without the whip. Seriously, it's all in your hands. Remember, god gave us freewill...

I woke up 4 weeks ago about what I needed to do. The lapband was just a tool I paid for to help me in this journey.

We, in America have an abundance of food. Waaay too much food. Too many processed things and we put it all in our bodies knowing that.

I realize now that food will forever be around. It's not going anywhere. I, however will not be around forever, but now that I know where I need to be and what I want to be, I have the power to control it. I can't control driving my truck and getting slammed in the back by a Mack truck (happened a year ago). But I can control what goes into my mouth. It's all mental.

I'm going to pray for you, for all of us to get through this and to fight ourselves hard.

Tellymelly ROCKS!

Well said, girl.

In general...the recruits around here (ME INCLUDED) have had a relatively crappy start to a new challenge. LET'S BE BETTER THAN THIS! EVERYBODY POST A LOSS THIS WEEK! PROVE TO YOURSELF THAT YOU WILL NOT BE A SLAVE TO A food ADDICTION!!

Carpe Diem!

Jon

Tellymelly ROCKS!

Well said, girl.

In general...the recruits around here (ME INCLUDED) have had a relatively crappy start to a new challenge. LET'S BE BETTER THAN THIS! EVERYBODY POST A LOSS THIS WEEK! PROVE TO YOURSELF THAT YOU WILL NOT BE A SLAVE TO A food ADDICTION!!

Carpe Diem!

Jon

WELL SAID PRIVATE SUPER & TELLY!

:devious SARGE HERE:devious

Prayers are great...BUT w/Actions are better!

Now worship your body like the Temple

God intended it to be!

He helps those who help themselevs.

(:deviousthat means everyone get off your butts

& change your routines:devious)

Stand up infront of the mirror & say out loud

"There is no amount of struggle I can not handle with Jesus' love."

I am talking to each & everyone of you!

We all could have done better last week like SuperDaddy said. ANd last night well lets say I screwed up & fell short of being a good solider to God & myself

& am now paying for it just like Lapbandfan. But today

RIGHT NOW

it can all change.

That was part of the commitment page!!

Remember - that if you fall off you need to start from that very moment AGAIN...Not the next day or week. So our moments of defeat will be brief & passing!

I AM PUMPED UP & READY TO FIGHT

WE WILL ALL DO IT THIS WEEK

MAKE SMART DECISIONS

GET ANGRY

MOTIVATE YOUR MIND

YOUR BODY WILL WANT TO FALL IN LINE!

Thanks Janet & I'll Succeed. I have a summertime goal that I'm working on....thanks to this motivational challenge it's easier to get there.:clap2:

Thanks Janet & I'll Succeed. I have a summertime goal that I'm working on....thanks to this motivational challenge it's easier to get there.:clap2:

WHOOORAHHHHH!:devious:devious:devious

SuperDad- great Job with that loss!

I'm praying for you, Brenda! While you're unfilled, any possibility of skipping the TV viewing? Switch it up for a late night walk? Take some Water with you, walk to the park & drink it while you look at the stars? (Yeah, I'm being romantic & not practical, LOL!)

When do you start getting fills again? Hang in there! You are a winner! You will conquer this!!

Thanks all for the prayers, advice and encourgment. You are right ONLY I can control over what goes in my mouth I need to burn that in my brain. I go to my regular doc today for a follow up on my Migraines, so I am sure he will Kick butt too about my gain.

I WILL DRINK MORE WATER..... NO MORE Jello UNLESS IN THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER PERSON....I CANNOT BE TRUSTED ALONE WITH IT! I WILL EXERCISE TODAY FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BUT HOPEFULLY AN HOUR....

Again, thanks.... we can do this together. I have a goal to be under 200 pounds by Christmas....tough goal I know but I have 40 pounds to lose by then....think that is do-able?

You are right ONLY I can control over what goes in my mouth I need to burn that in my brain.

I WILL DRINK MORE WATER..... NO MORE Jello UNLESS IN THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER PERSON....I CANNOT BE TRUSTED ALONE WITH IT! I WILL EXERCISE TODAY FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BUT HOPEFULLY AN HOUR....

goal to be under 200 pounds by Christmas....tough goal I know but I have 40 pounds to lose by then....think that is do-able?

:devious:devious:devious SARGE HERE:devious:devious:devious

NOW THATS COMMITMENT SOLIDER!

:deviousI'm proud of you!:devious

TAKE NO PRISONERS

YOU ARE WINNING ALREADY

FIGHT THOSE ROUTINES

CHANGE THEM UP

YOUR IN CONTROL

Y*O*U

Sometimes I'm just sitting here at work and I want to exercise. I want to go for a walk outside, run in place, do some sit ups but I would look absolutly crazy.

Hi Sarge! I'm reporting late this week -- I'm very sorry!!!!!

thankfully I lost the 3 pounds I gained last week, so I guess I'm about where I started... so

4/10 = + 3 pounds to 222

4/17 = - 3 pounds to 219

PLUS, I just bought a tape measurer TODAY so i'm going to get started doing that too! Thanks everyone!

Well, I went back to my regular doc for a 6-month check up on my Migraines yesterday, my blood pressure has been up the last 4 times I have gone to him and he put me on a pill for it. It is so weird when I weighed my highest weight at 365 my blood pressure stayed normal and on the low side, but now that I have lost the weight, it is high?!?! :grouphug: It is in my family history and he said that is part of it. :( Anyway he said to try to increase my exercise and keep at it, not keep starting and stopping like I have been in the habit of doing, he said I had to make it top priority of I want to lose my last 50 pounds and to get off these pills. So yet another incentive to try harder.

He also suggested I re-start weight watchers mainly for the accountability every week and for the support meetings. He said these last 50 lbs will be the hardest to lose ever and that I will need to go to someone once a week and be confronted about my weight:omg: - which is so true.

I can't wait till my first fill on May 9th to get started getting my restriction back but in the meantime, I am gonna FOCUS on the exercise and Water more.

Thanks for listening to me whine and for all your encouargement....

Please Sarge let me join late! I am SO ready for this, have already been doing the work and cutting back on the food and getting all my Water in, just never saw this thread somehow. I'll be a good private, promise!

Please Sarge let me join late! I am SO ready for this, have already been doing the work and cutting back on the food and getting all my Water in, just never saw this thread somehow. I'll be a good private, promise!

You are official signed & commited Private EmileeKaye

Please read the first post w/the commitment page to yourself if you haven't already. Get a calendar out to mark your progress, throw away the junk food, plan exercise in at least 3 times a week & start getting all your water in & away you go!!;0). GLad to have you.

We weight in Sundays & Mondays but it seem that most are now weighing in later around Tuesays & wednesday. It seems to be working. I will post again shortly so good luck!

I am pleased to announce that I have had a 5 (FIVE) lb loss and a 1.5 inch loss this week. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: OMG When I read back in my journal I notice I have made a few changes..... I have been a faithfull journal writer! I even wrote down the piece of Easter Bunny I snatched from the kids basket. Every day has the calories, Protein and oz I consumed. :eekB: Another thing I started this week is green tea extract. I was drinking Lipton Diet Green Tea two or three bottles a day, then my nutritionist pointed out that those oz could not be counted because there is caffeine in it!!!!! She suggested that I try the Green Tea Extract (NO caffeine and NO sweeteners) just two droppers in a bottle of Water. It doesn't taste bad nor good but the ECGC in the Green Tea without the caffeine and artificial sweeteners is a much better choice. I have also gone back to my Zone Bars (I love the chocolate Mint ones) and Atkins shakes for my Snacks and inbetweens. I also broke down and bought Skim Plus Milk..... I drink at least two glasses (8oz) a day. The extra protein in the milk, bars and shakes has helped me to make my 1100 calorie, 100 g protein and 100 oz a day goal all week!!!! And guess what it worked.. I havent changed my exersize, I still walk on the treadmill three times a week and use the yoga ball, ring and weights twice... Perhaps I will toy with that this week. My computer is back and So am I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoodBye 300 I will only I have broken thru to the 200 club! I feel like putting tape on the 3key LOL

Woo Raaa

:devious PRIVATE SHORESEXY:devious

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT

YOU ACHIEVED THIS WEEK!

A BIG BOOOOOYAHHHH

TO YOU!!!

What ever you do keep that momentum going!

Extremely Well Done Private!!!

:devious :devious :devious