Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30Lbs Down And Airplanes

In my second week of post op- since per op I've lost 30lbs (yay)

Though today with be interesting have to make an emergency trip back to Maryland for dads health, which is one of the things that finally pushed me to get this done- I didn't want to be where my dad is health wise in 20-40 years

Anyways a little nervous- is it going to feel weird due to the elevation ( I haven't even had a first fill)

I would think you would be fine, since the cabin is pressurized. Hope you have a safe trip.

No effects from flying. The cabin is pressurized.

I'm flying too.., banded 10/18 and have a 6 hour flight coming up. (vacation in hawaii) so, besides the fact that I am trying to figure out what to eat while I'm there, I still am a little nervous to fly. Can't drink, which I usually ALWAYS do while flying! :)

My first flight after banding was Hawaii! You will do great eating there. n The seafood is good for you! Don't forget to try the appetizer menu. Sometimes I can get a smaller meal that way! Aloha and have a great trip!

Oh, good to hear!! I'm been driving myself nuts about what to eat/drink on the plane...instead of looking forward to it I'm "sweatin" it! I think once I get there I'll be cool..I can go to Walmart and get my staples..and only eat soup/fish when we go out to eat.

I fly often for work and haven't had a problem since being banded.

It's been nice now to actually be satisfied with the airline portion size or leaving food behind.

As a back up in case the food is terrible, I have Protein bars or a cup-a-Soup packet (just ask for a cup of hot Water to make) in my briefcase. Otherwise if there is a food outlet in the airport with something that you fancy grab it to take on board.

Stay well hydrated, short haul flights I'm often satisfied with just Water.< /p>

I flew to Europe and didn't have any changes.

It is weird how people are effected different ways. Airports are my 2nd home. I am on a plane every other week, sometimes twice with my job. My band feels like it is tight when I'm on the plane. Once I'm off the plane I'm ok. I just drink hot teA. I have talked to my Dr and he said it was ok. As long as the tea goes down and when i am able to eat nothing gets stick i am ok. Like i said weird how everyone is affected differently.

I am having my surgery November 21st and was wondering how soon I can fly after surgery? I was thinking about going out of town for Christmas...a month later.

I am having my surgery November 21st and was wondering how soon I can fly after surgery? I was thinking about going out of town for Christmas...a month later.

You have to be 10 days post op to fly

I was banded on Wednesday, on Friday I flew home -- six hours in the air. Aside from being really uncomfortable due to gas and incisions and being post op, there were no issues. People fly for the surgery all the time.

You have to be 10 days post op to fly

Thank you GodsTyro

I was banded on Wednesday' date=' on Friday I flew home -- six hours in the air. Aside from being really uncomfortable due to gas and incisions and being post op, there were no issues. People fly for the surgery all the time.[/quote']

Shackwacky: I never thought about that. Good point. Thanks.

I fly all the time for work, no issues! I carry pure Protein, Protein Bars in my purse, nuts. I purchase Greek yogurt at the airports. Some of them carry the Fage yogurt. It's cost more than at the store, but then I think about all the junk food I used to spend money on. I am worth it!