Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Exactly Did You Lose 50 Plus Pounds

I've lost 67 pounds since the day of surgery may 24, 2012. I haven't done anything special except I don't eat any bread or Pasta at all. I make sure to get my Protein in and I take a Multivitamin everyday. I have a fairly active job I don't sit behind a desk all day.

I've lost 68 pounds in 9 months.

I track my food on myfitnesspal, 1200 calories a day.

Exercise daily.

Eat right, Protein first, then veggie, then complex carbs (if still hungry)

Have support from family & friends (LBT bigg help!)

I wanted this!

I had surgery 7/25. I began my preop diet 2 weeks prior. Since then I lost 52 lbs. I make sure my calories aren't over 1200 per day, I eat (roughly) 60 grams of Protein per day and I have been exercising. I don't exercise faithfully every day but try to 2-3 times per week.

The other thing is have patience. We all want to drop 50 lbs instantly; however, typical and recommended loss is 1-2 lbs per week. If you are watching calories and exercising it will happen.

The nutrition side is well covered above but don't forget the importance of exercise. I exercise almost every day - a rest day is now a walking day because I just feel better if I start of the day moving my body. Some days are more intense than others but by finding exercise that I enjoy, it is much easier to maintain my new habit.

I firmly believe that tracking your foods daily will be the best tool you can have in becoming a weight loss success. It helps not only for me to see how much food I am taking in, but if my weight comes to a stall (such as now) I can go back to my tracker and tweak all my nutrients to jumpstart my metabolisim again. I just started exercising a few weeks ago and this may be one of the reasons my weight has stalled, but I know this is temporary.

Another thing someone mentioned above, don't put too much stress on yourself or have high expectations as this can become frustrating and only lead to falling off track. Pace yourself and follow a plan that works for you, remember no two people are alike when losing weight and speaking to a nutrionist about your needs can help with a plan that fits into your lifestyle.

To date I've lost 68.1 pounds (can't forget the .1). Some of it was on pre op diet ( just over 20 pounds) rest after being banded July 2nd.

I attended seminars and meetings with my nutritionist, she taught me about Portion Control and healthier choices which I have stuck too. I'm one of those that doesn't count calories. I drink over two litres of Water a day, the occasional herbal tea. I've also had the odd cookie and chocolate, which is allowed as a treat.

I mainly eat Protein and either vegetables or salad, I have bread maybe once or twice a week and occasionally have rice or Pasta.

I've also become more and more active every day and I walk no less than an hour a day.

And most importantly I keep in regular contact with my Bariatric centre, I was in the greenzone but the last week was starting to want to snack again at night and in between meals, after discussing it with my fill doctor she gave me a .4 ml top up and it put me right back where I need to be back in the greenzone.

It's all about eating your right portions and right foods and having your band fine tuned all the time. A lot of people say the band is just a tool you need to find the will power to do all the right things, which is partly true but if your band is filled correctly then it is sooooooooo easy to follow the rules 100%.

Thank you all so much. I am trying to get the scale to move like the rest of you and it does not seem to work. I have 5.5 cc into band, I track my calories, I push my fluids, and am now trying to exercise at least 3 times a week but things don't seem to move. I loss 24 lbs total, banded 9/24, but just can't move things like I need to. HELP!

Very simple actually....

I didn't cheat on my pre op or post op diet

I counted calories and tracked everything I ate starting when I went on mushies

I drank 8 cups of Water every day

I ate 1000 calories per day for 23 months

3/4 oz of Protein, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 c starch at every meal... About 300 each calories for Bfast, lunch and dinner...

I limited 2 Snacks per day to fruit and a treat not more than 50 or so calories

I took my Gummy Vitamins

I visited my dr monthly and got fills when the above food didn't keep me full for at least 4/5 hrs at a time

In a nutshell I followed my dr's orders and made up my mind this would work for me!

i have to say, how did i lose the first 50 and beyond....by doing pretty much what Florida wrote here..esp the not cheating on pre and post op and making up my mind that this is what i wanted to do and then got on with it w/o excuses or needed drama.

I'd make an appointment with an nutritionist. The doctor's offices are vague at best' date=' but a nutritionist will sit down and actually teach you. I attribute a huge part of success with the information I learned from the nutritionist.[/quote']

Did you make an appointment with a bariatric nutritionist or just a regular one? I am also looking into it and wondered if I needed to see a special one.

i have to say, how did i lose the first 50 and beyond....by doing pretty much what Florida wrote here..esp the not cheating on pre and post op and making up my mind that this is what i wanted to do and then got on with it w/o excuses or needed drama.

I have said it before but the only thing that makes me less than a good bandster is that I didnt exercise. Granted I walked but honestly until I lost the first 150 lbs...not much. I am trying to improve on that front. :)

I have said it before but the only thing that makes me less than a good bandster is that I didnt exercise. Granted I walked but honestly until I lost the first 150 lbs...not much. I am trying to improve on that front. :)

am with you florida...i cant do much more than walk as i am not able too (knees/leg strength) but i am better than i was.....and i can only imagine its gonna get better........you def inspire this carolina girl..

I have lost over 100lbs now.

I don't have any unhealthy or trigger foods in my home.

Exercise, exercise, exercise. I work out 5 days a week, at least 30 minutes. Elliptical, weights, Wii fit or a fun class. I see a personal trainer 1-2x a week for an hour.

I drink 1-2 glasses of skim milk a day. I do not go more than about 4 hours without eating. If I need a snack I have Greek yogurt with fruit or almonds.

I try to be aware of the thoughts that lead me to overeat in the past. I share my successes with positive friends, and cut out the toxic BS.

And of course, follow doctors orders and don't miss any appointments.

I just saw nutrionist today and she said there was a study done and the group that tracked everything lost twice as much as the group that didnt.

I want to thank you all for the positive responses. You all are very kind to share your paths to success. Many of us want your success and appreciate any help you can give.

I just saw nutrionist today and she said there was a study done and the group that tracked everything lost twice as much as the group that didnt.

Validation ;)