Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Las Vegas

I am in Vegas and was banded yesterday. I would love any advice.

Congrats on your banding!! :) There's a lot of wonderful people on here that offer great advice!

478lbs, as of this morning. :)

My advice: Do what your doctor told you. The moment you stop and veer off of your plan, you'll stop losing and start gaining!!

Vegas bandster' date=' here!! Living in Henderson, and down 70lbs since my surgery last April! I work out at Planet Fitness on Sunset and Whitney Ranch if anyone wants to come be a gym buddy!

Start: 550lbs

Current: 480lbs[/quote']

That's so awesome!!!! Great job. Keep up the good work. I go to Golds gym, but I also live on the other end of the world from you, im northwest area.

Best advice is to be prepared and accepting of change. Your life will be different after the band. And once ur able to eat regular food take ur time and chew chew chew. :-)

I had issues with my band on the weekend. Went to Sunrise Hospital, they have a bariatric program. Called other hospitals and the had no idea what I was talking about. Just incase anything ever happens, keep Sunrise in your thoughts.

WOW! A few Vegas people here. I am in Vegas too, banded Jan 24, 2013.

April, we have the same surgeon. What happened this weekend?

If you dont mind me asking.

Got a fill 2 weeks ago and it was too tight. So I got stuck and threw up and it swell and I was in lots of pain. Went to ER at 3am to get an unfill. It instantly gave me relief.

Glad you're doing OK.

I have 2 more consultations then it's up to the insurance... Hoping to schedule my surgery in July!!

Central Vegas girl here. I was banded in June of '07, but had a lot of trouble and got an unfill a couple of years ago. I gained back everything I'd lost after falling off the wagon, and then a course of steroids for a back injury. I started over from scratch three months ago, and I *think* I'm more or less in my green zone, though it varies day by day. I'm down 28 lbs so far.

Got a fill 2 weeks ago and it was too tight. So I got stuck and threw up and it swell and I was in lots of pain. Went to ER at 3am to get an unfill. It instantly gave me relief.

Im so sorry to hear u had to go thru this. I know exactly what u went thru. I have a photo of my swollen belly after food gets stuck. I had this happen to me on my lattest fill where it was to tight. It happened while camping and was the worst thing ever. It happened on a sat morning and I couldn't eat or drink anything till monday. By monday I was able to sip tiny amounts of Water but still no food. It took me a full week to be able to get stage 1 foods down. But now im good. My stomach has shrunk so my band has loosened. Im 6 months into my band life and im down 50 pounds. So im happy about that.

Central Vegas girl here. I was banded in June of '07' date=' but had a lot of trouble and got an unfill a couple of years ago. I gained back everything I'd lost after falling off the wagon, and then a course of steroids for a back injury. I started over from scratch three months ago, and I *think* I'm more or less in my green zone, though it varies day by day. I'm down 28 lbs so far.[/quote']

Glad to hear your trying this again and finding your groove with it. I've had my share of experiences with my band as well. The Good, bad, and the ugly. Haha but at the end of the day I am so thankful I did it. It has really changed my life. I am down 50 pounds after 6 months and have another 25 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. i wish The best of luck to you