Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - April 2006

I had plateaued until I discovered Billy Blakes this week. He is the Tae Bo guy. But he has a program out called Billy's Boot Camp that comes with resistance bands.

I'm having to alternate him and Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies because I can barely sit down or stand up after Billy kicked my butt! But definately a good, do-able workout.

:D Kristin

I had plateaued until I discovered Billy Blakes this week. He is the Tae Bo guy. But he has a program out called Billy's Boot Camp that comes with resistance bands.

I'm having to alternate him and Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies because I can barely sit down or stand up after Billy kicked my butt! But definately a good, do-able workout.

:mad: Kristin

Billy Blakes kicks MY butt too, Kristin! So I solved that little problem, I just dont visit with him any longer. Simple enough.

:Banane04: Now, I just cant figure out WHY Ive been on a year long plateau.......

C219 (72 lbs total, -2 this week)

After fighting 4 lbs Fluid gain all last week, I was real excited that I lost anything this week. That 3 hours of hard work in the flower beds of Sunday paid off.

Good job everyone. Have a great Easter.

Kim

Happy A-Day Kathy!

I know who's gonna get some tonight!!!

I'm cracking up because poor Joe is in there snoozing while I'm on LBT...what's wrong with this picture?! Anyhow, we had a little rondevous LAST night after midnight, so technically, I got me some. :Banane04: Gotta love that kind of cardio workout! Beats Billy Banks by MILES!!!!! LOL I love being married to my husband. It was meant to be. And he bought me tulips today. awwww!

Super weight loss everyone! :clap2:

Argg....Kathy, does that mean I have to face plateaus AFTER banding too?! wahhh....I am so tired of these up 2 lbs and down 2 lbs I could scream. Some day I'll be banded and won't like those plateaus....you go girl to 179! and go for the challenge - and the TT if you want one!

This week I am UP 2 lbs that I lost last week....sigh...at least it is a 'different' two-pounds

It's late, I'm tired, I'll update tomorrow rather than have y'all weighing over 2 thousand pounds again! :Banane04:

Argg....Kathy, does that mean I have to face plateaus AFTER banding too?! wahhh....I am so tired of these up 2 lbs and down 2 lbs I could scream. Some day I'll be banded and won't like those plateaus....you go girl to 179! and go for the challenge - and the TT if you want one!

This week I am UP 2 lbs that I lost last week....sigh...at least it is a 'different' two-pounds

Heh, yep, plateaus still happen. Take a look at my "Slow Loser NSV" thread and see my weight loss journal post on page 1. Here's the link.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10252

Don't worry, I'm not always a good bandster and I'm not one to be very tight at all. I like being able to eat, now! So my fill level is intentionally not too tight. This accounts for at least some of my slow weight loss and long plateaus. That, and my wrecked-to-pieces and shot-all-to-hell metabolism after years of abuse! LOL Anyhow, my reality may not be yours. But yours may resemble on occasion, as with your 2 up, 2 down thing you got going on. You CAN do better than me. Our journeys are all a bit different, so no worries. Come on Mo! Let's lose some weight!

hi all. sorry it has taken me so long to post. i am just coming out of the after anesthesia lull...i did not poop for 4 days...it was not good!!

surgery went fine. i spent the night in the hospital, morphine was wonderful (i know that sounds sick, but i had the most amazing restful sleep on that stuff...thank god i am too afraid of being a drug addict to ever get addicted to something like that)!

i am currently weaning myself off of the oxycodene (percocet) the doc gave me for pain (and the reason i am so constipated). i take extra strength tylenol during the day, and a percocet at night so i can sleep.

right now i feel kinda weird. i am used to my girls being BIG....they are shrished inside of a medical bra right now, and they look okay, much perkier...but still odd to me. i think as i continue to lose weight, and my belly gets smaller, i will like the size better (if my tummy was flat i would love the size now....they seem kinda small since i am used to DDD and my belly sticks out a bit )

i will be out of work for another week, so will see you all on LBT for the next several days. Yes, girls...i will take a pic...but not now....they are still looking kinda icky from surgery.

this has motivated me to continue this weight loss and jorney to health i am on. there is no reason i should not be able to lose another 10 or so lbs in the next month....i am going for a walk as soon as the percocet wears off!!

thanks for caring and asking about me. it means alot!! i will keep you all posted! you are such an inspiration to me.

m

:update: on the Honors Page!

Welcome to the following people who have been added to the Honor's page

(second post on page one of this thread)

Mychevygirl - 51 pounds

RHONDAKO - 50 pounds

Wonkette - 66 pounds

Paula - 63.6 pounds

ScrapKarla - 60 pounds

I know we have a lot more of you that have lost weight and you should be getting your honors! Please remember to post! Help the groups weekly weigh-in reflect the true successes! I think I'm going to send out a PM to everyone in the group, reminding everyone to post on Wednesdays, and what format to use. This doesn't apply to those of you who just don't want to post, only to the ones who are forgetting! :biggrin1:

Mychevygirl - last week you weighed 333, thats a FIVE pound loss, not a four pound loss! Grats! Youre doing an amazing job, prebanded!

Josette - By the looks of your join weight (J 295) you have lost 10 pounds! Grats to you girl!

Kimbo - Based on last week's weight, you've lost 2.5 pounds this week, for a total of 73. Grats!

Shackdog hasnt reported his weight loss, but I'm going to tell on him now because I know his secret! He's lost 30 pounds this past month on his pre-op diet! :clap2:

Tricia K - THREE pounds from Onederland! Go girl go!

Susan,

Here you are. I always look forward to reading your posts and haven't seen any in a while so I posted in another thread asking if you are okay! :uwelcome:

Kelli

Hey all...congrats on all you big losers :-) I feel as though I have been avoiding this site because of my gaining these last couple weeks. So I finally called and made a fill appointment. It's this monday after Easter. I've only had one other fill...about six months after surgery, I never did anything special before or after the fill, but I did lose another 20-30 pouds pretty quickly after that fill. Just wondering if ya'll do anything before the fill, like fast, or liquid diet before and after. I think I've read on here some do the after surgery diet after a fill. Just wondering on what you do. I've been thinking about doing a semi-liquid diet for the week after the fill.

Happy Easter Weekend Ya'll!!

Hey all...congrats on all you big losers :-) I feel as though I have been avoiding this site because of my gaining these last couple weeks. So I finally called and made a fill appointment. It's this monday after Easter. I've only had one other fill...about six months after surgery, I never did anything special before or after the fill, but I did lose another 20-30 pouds pretty quickly after that fill. Just wondering if ya'll do anything before the fill, like fast, or liquid diet before and after. I think I've read on here some do the after surgery diet after a fill. Just wondering on what you do. I've been thinking about doing a semi-liquid diet for the week after the fill.

Happy Easter Weekend Ya'll!!

Hi EmileeKaye,

Congrats on scheduling your fill. After I get a fill, I am on liquids the remainder of that day and the following day, mushies the next and then back to solid foods. You may wish to ask your surgeon what he recommends. Good luck!

Tricia

Pugmum - I'm always close by watching you all, so don't think you can start sneaking in the girl scout cookies! *cackles*

Emilee - The best time NOT to avoid this site is when you're gaining weight. If you go off and hide it, you won't get the help you need to stop. I'm glad to hear you've scheduled a fill. My doc doesn't require any special diet prior to the fill, but he does put us on full liquids for two days after the fill. And on day three and four, I felt like I could eat a horse! I thought I did, but reality was I only eat ponies now. *grins*

Hello all!

I just wanted to wish you all a happy easter. This will be my first easter without my mother and my last easter without my band, so it's a good and bad day! I'm cooking up a storm for my family. I just wanted to tell you all how thankful I am that I can come here for all this support. Hopefully next Easter I'll be significantly smaller!

Love ya guys!

:) :eek: