Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you not willing to give up?

That's right. The first few minutes hurt, you're stiff, you feel heavy then suddenly those endorphins kick in and you feel fantastic. I honestly run along the pavement grinning like an idiot I feel so elated. Its even better with music. Then afterwards I feel such a sense of achievement, I feel on a high for hours. Its stress relief, its head time, I just feel really sorry for people who dont get that from exercise.

Oh well, to each his one. I feel the exact opposite when I exercise...the first few minutes are fine, and I feel like I can keep going, and then it just starts to suck. Don't feel sorry for me, though, I get that great feeling from a lot of other things, like cleaning my house or doing things that I'm not supposed to talk about in an unmarked thread. :)

FRENCH ROAST - Finely ground, brewed up DARK with real half -n- half... MMMMM. On the weekends - it's real coffee with half-n-half...

I am with the "Eat real food" crowd. I can go with the LITE alternatives - but Fat Free is truly Frankenfood. (Love that word! Greatness!)

I'm with Sunta. Everything in moderation. I haven't really given up anything. I eat pretty much what I want, just in smaller amounts. I eat fast food, I just make better choices. Instead of the Big Mac value meal with giant sized fries and coke, I get a hamburger and eat it with half the bun. I might get fries. I might get a fruit and yogurt parfait. It all depends on how I've been doing for the day.

I also agree that all this over-processed, fat-free, sugar-free, flavor-free food is a load of crap. "real" food is so much better for us and as long as we eat it sensibly, cook it in a healthy manner, we are so much better off. Besides, it tastes better. Look at butter for example, taste a bit of butter. Then taste margarine.......I'd say butter wins, hands down AND, all those hydrolized fats in the margarine can be bad for you. The only "diet" food I use once in a while is splenda. I put it in some hot tea or make lemonade with it. It keeps me from going over my daily caloric intake with liquid calories, it tastes good, and it's made from sugar.

Also, as far as eating out in general. I do, regularly. For my job, we eat out daily. I just make the best choices I can. Sometimes I get salad. Sometimes I get Soup. Sometimes grilled chicken. It all depends on what's available and what sounds good to me that day. It's all about making good choices. I NEVER get deep fried, breaded anything. It's just one of my rules for myself.

I haven't given up chocolate, wine, pizza, chips or anything...I just limit it, don't eat it every day and enjoy being able to eat these things without fear of dumping, but in smaller quantities. It's good to be satisfied with 1 or 2 pieces of pizza instead of the whole pizza!

The only thing I have truly given up (and I can honestly say I don't miss it) are carbonated beverages. I didn't drink them a lot before, so it hasn't been a big sacrifice.

I am not giving up eating out. I like to eat out. Although we are definately eating out less. Applebee's has the weight watchers menu and I also order salads with the lower fat dressing or the fish with veggies on the side. I will also have the occassional mini chocolate as a treat. I decided that I would have to change my lifestyle to work with the band but that I could get the band to also work with my lifestyle. But no way am I wasting all that $$$ I spent to get this band. I used that money to improve my health for my kids and I couldn't live with myself if I screw this up. Heck, I've proven for the last 40 years that I can't do this on my own!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches