Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 11th sugery date!

Hi everyone, I an new to this site, I just found out monday that my surgery is scheduled for April 11th! I couldnt believe how fast they scheduled it from my approval date! I am soo nervous, scared, happy, anxious!!! :) :) :)

I life in Jacksonville Fl, and Dr Jawad Muhammad is doing my surgery in Ocala, Fl

Welcome and congratulations - I know you must be so excited and maybe a bit nervous - but it is all normal as you will see as you read other posts/other topics. I was banded in Nov 2005 and this site is great - very helpful no matter what stage of the process one is in - right now I am at the first fill - how can I live with this thing stage so I'm happy to be here with others that have lots of experience. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

:nervous Wow all I had to do was search Dr. Jawad's name and here you pop up! I am a 29yo f from Saint Cloud and my surgery date is April 12th!!!!!!! I couldnt believe I am getting mine done so fast either! That is so weird. Did Kevin (the nurse) or Dr. Jawad try to talk u into doing the gastric bypass instead? Kevin did to me and I said NO WAY!! I have about 130 pounds to lose and I am going to prove that significant weight loss can be acheived from the lap band. I am nervous b/c I havent even met Dr Jawad but my post op is tommorrow (Wednesday). You probably already had yours. Well good luck to you and please share with me how it goes!;)

Good Luck on your pre op! Mine is actually tomorrow, to bad we were not having it on the same day, we could have met ;) When I first went in there, the nurse asked which one I was doing, and I said the Lap band, and I was not doing the Gastric Bypass because it scared me! he was like, ok its your choice lol Seeing some people that have had the bypass and drop weight so fast has been nice, but it just scares me to much! I know this will take longer, but I am ready for it! I am starting out at 325, and I know I would qualify for the other, but I am ready to do this! Good luck, and keep me updated, we will be one day apart!

How have you been diong on the pre liquid diet? Its tough

Jenn

325/?

Yes it is tough! I started getting lightheaded and really hungry so she said if I need to, replace a Protein Drink with a low carb meal. I have been doing this about 6 days now and cheated alittle with a handful of crackers but other than that I am getting through it. Let me know how it goes today. My preop is tommorrow:scared:

Hi everyone, I an new to this site, I just found out monday that my surgery is scheduled for April 11th! I couldnt believe how fast they scheduled it from my approval date! I am soo nervous, scared, happy, anxious!!! ;) :huggie: :drum:

I life in Jacksonville Fl, and Dr Jawad Muhammad is doing my surgery in Ocala, Fl

Best of luck to you on your surgery. I am 6 days post-op and doing well. The purpose of the liquid diet is to shrink your liver so surgery goes easier so try and stick with it.

Elisabeth

:nervous Wow all I had to do was search Dr. Jawad's name and here you pop up! I am a 29yo f from Saint Cloud and my surgery date is April 12th!!!!!!! I couldnt believe I am getting mine done so fast either! That is so weird. Did Kevin (the nurse) or Dr. Jawad try to talk u into doing the gastric bypass instead? Kevin did to me and I said NO WAY!! I have about 130 pounds to lose and I am going to prove that significant weight loss can be acheived from the lap band. I am nervous b/c I havent even met Dr Jawad but my post op is tommorrow (Wednesday). You probably already had yours. Well good luck to you and please share with me how it goes!;)

I'm sure you'll do fine with the surgery and wish you good luck. Never allow any health care professional to "talk" you into a procedure. It's their job to give you all the information so that YOU can make an informed decision that works best for YOU.

Elisabeth

Hey Jennifer,dsrjrr,elisabethswe!! Please let me know how you are doing! My surgery is Wednesday and I am scared and anxious! Thanks u guys!

Hi Jen,

I am 12 days post-op and doing well. The day after surgery I was sore and took pain medication for the first 2 days. By day 3, I only took a pain pill at night so I got a decent sleep. After day 5, I was even off tylenol.

As soon as you are allowed to, get out of the hospital bed and WALK up and down the halls. It eases the suture pain and helps with any gas pains and allows full expansion of your lungs. Ask the hospital for a medicine cup. They hold one ounce so you can pour your tea or Water or broth into the medicine cup and sip an ounce every 5 minutes.

The hardest thing for me was not being able to sleep on my side for the first week. Some people do fine after a day or so but it took me @ 10 days. I slept in my bed every night but some people prefer a recliner chair so do what's most comfortable for you.

It's normal to be anxious but I'm sure you'll do fine. If you have any specific questions, let me know. At post-op day 12 I am working, grocery shopping and trimmed shrubs! LOL.

I just got my surgical date of May 25. I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan. I did just want to let you know that in my intense research in choosing between the band and gastic bypass I found that the average weight loss is the same between the two surgery choices over 5 years, it's just that bandsters lose it more slowly .... and the big decision maker for me is that if something goes wrong (God forbid), it is reversable and haven't really messed up your inside organs. Good luck to all.