Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Weeks Pregg With A Unfill Band...help

I got band in 2009. I lost 90 lb and I love my band. Never have any problem ( when I leard how to eat slow and rigth) I got preg 8 weeks ago, we are so happy after trying everything and giving up..just happened it. I just move and change my job and in the transition I lost my insurance. I was super fine.. not morning sickness or anything until one day last weekIi wake up and my band was completed closed, could not drink water... ended up in ER.

Well to make short they did not not much about pregnancy and lapband but they empty up my band. All of it, Now I am scared I dont have all that help. Hopefully I had learn how to have a healthy relationship with food but I have not restriction. I just want to know if It is some one that have their pregnancy with a empty band how the did. And I have some questiona about the delivery.. How the band affect the delivery. When you have your fill after the baby... I hope you can help me up with some info and peace of mind..

Congrats! You need to be able to eat and gain a healthy amt of weight for the baby. Enjoy this time you got what u wanted enjoy every minute! ;)

I didnt have an unfill but I delivered 5 weeks ago. I had no problems at all with the band at any point of my pregnancy or delivery.

Good luck and Congrats.

I am 12 weeks and have an unfilled band.. I have gained 1 pound is all. Just make sure you eat small meal or Snacks that are healthy and make Water your main drink and you will be just fine.

My doc told me because of my band I may need a c section. Not really sure what's up with that.

And truly this last 4 weeks I have barley even wanted food. I ate small portions because I knew the baby needed it but after a small amount I almost felt like I ate at a buffet.

I dont know why a lot of Dr's say you may have to have a c-section. I dont think we bandseters are at any different risk if we have healthy pregnancies. I understand some have to but not all. I had a fantastic labor and delivery. Not one time during my entire pregnancy did I have complications from the band. I mean in my last month I couldnt eat much but I had a 9lb baby taking up the room. I lost all the baby weight within 2 weeks and now 5 weeks postpartum I am down an additional 10lbs. The beauty of breastfeeding.