Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfill For Convience????

not saying a word.....tkw....... :P

I may be slow on the lingo/joke/sarcasm/information but are you not saying a word because my micro info is wrong? I know that is what my doctor says but I also know a lot of our doctors have differed rules & guidelines so I am curious :)

I may be slow on the lingo/joke/sarcasm/information but are you not saying a word because my micro info is wrong? I know that is what my doctor says but I also know a lot of our doctors have differed rules & guidelines so I am curious :)

That was a joke between Carolinagirl & tkw, lol

CG was telling tkw she's a little slow.lol

They probably are both at work, so that's why you haven't seen them.

BTW, CG even implies I'm slow in a loving way.

We're jokesters with each other!

Carolinagirl is really a sweetheart, but I'll deny it if she ask.

yeah yeah yeah CB.............

nope, i quoted tkw and picking on her is all

i am not one to insult or be mean

Carolinagirl is really a sweetheart, but I'll deny it if she ask.

yes im a sweetheart

if your my friend, its for life

yes im a sweetheart

if your my friend' date=' its for life[/quote']

<3 <3<3<3

This is an interesting topic.

I am traveling to Europe for vacation in January and have thought about getting a small unfill for the trip. I'm afraid that the altitude from flying will make me feel too tight (this I have read is a fairly common occurrence) while i'm too far from my doctor to get any help.

This is not for "convenience" it's for safety, and for my own feeling of well being. I cannot imagine a long awaited and planned vacation that I have to spend the whole time being uncomfortable from my band. Seems more like a curse a vacation

Dunno how my surgeon would react to that, but its a few months away so I didn't really think about it.

i don't think getting a slight unfill for a vacation in another country is any sign of being emotionally unable to control my food intake

This is an interesting topic.

I am traveling to Europe for vacation in January and have thought about getting a small unfill for the trip. I'm afraid that the altitude from flying will make me feel too tight (this I have read is a fairly common occurrence) while i'm too far from my doctor to get any help.

This is not for "convenience" it's for safety' date=' and for my own feeling of well being. I cannot imagine a long awaited and planned vacation that I have to spend the whole time being uncomfortable from my band. Seems more like a curse a vacation

Dunno how my surgeon would react to that, but its a few months away so I didn't really think about it.

i don't think getting a slight unfill for a vacation in another country is any sign of being emotionally unable to control my food intake[/quote']

Yes, this is something to research with Dr, your LB manufacturer & post a thread to other LB fliers.

No, I wouldn't do it. I've often said that if I had a needle and a bottle of saline, I'd be filling and unfilling myself 20 times a day. One of the reasons I was obese enough to need WLS was that I could rationalize just about any foolish eating behavior.

My husband actually thinks he could do this himself at home and save some money! He's watched my PA do it so many times, he thinks I'd actually let him fill me! Now, if he were an RN or something, maybe, but he's not going near me with a needle!

Marci

You do not need to unfill to fly, in fact according to my Dr air in the band will swell and cause problems whilst saline won't.So in other words it is better when flying to have Fluid in than for it to be empty.

I have flown many times since being banded and have never had an issue. Many of those flights were long haul Australia - Africa. If you are concerned then request a special diet in advance. I ate the plane food and surprisingly didn't have any issues. Keep hydrated, stay away from the alcohol and you should be fine. And if you do feel slightly tight whilst in the air it should resolve when you land.

I would advise against unfilling for any reason other than being too tight. It is way too hard to get back to the green zone afterwards and you may find that you regret it.

Although I wouldn't do it personally, my brother (who was 429lbs and is now 155) does it often. He has had the band for 7 years now and pretty much knows what he can get "away with" and what he can't get away with in terms of unfills.

Fundamentally the answer to this question SHOULD BE NO. Its not good habit to do this. But becareful of being "too legalistic" with the topic. Just work it out with your doctor and see what is best for you.If it were me....I would play the safe card an not do it personally.

Its just like when I was in graduate school studying for an exam. Fundamentally, I should have started a month before the test to study to get a good grade. But after going to school long enough, I knew what I could "get away with" to still leave enough time to get an "A" on the test.

At a glance, this strategy or approach to studying the exam....may not work for many....but it sure worked for me. Bottom line...work this out between you and your doctor to see what IS BEST FOR YOU. We will all have opinions on this (as you have seen on this thread here) but you need to work this out with your doctor, yourself, your mate and your God. Just know that its not "text book" to get unfills for convenience and there could be unintended consequences for getting a convenient unfill.

Although I wouldn't do it personally' date=' my brother (who was 429lbs and is now 155) does it often. He has had the band for 7 years now and pretty much knows what he can get "away with" and what he can't get away with in terms of unfills.

Fundamentally the answer to this question SHOULD BE NO. Its not good habit to do this. But becareful of being "too legalistic" with the topic. Just work it out with your doctor and see what is best for you.If it were me....I would play the safe card an not do it personally.

Its just like when I was in graduate school studying for an exam. Fundamentally, I should have started a month before the test to study to get a good grade. But after going to school long enough, I knew what I could "get away with" to still leave enough time to get an "A" on the test.

At a glance, this strategy or approach to studying the exam....may not work for many....but it sure worked for me. Bottom line...work this out between you and your doctor to see what IS BEST FOR YOU. We will all have opinions on this (as you have seen on this thread here) but you need to work this out with your doctor, yourself, your mate and your God. Just know that its not "text book" to get unfills for convenience and there could be unintended consequences for getting a convenient unfill.[/quote']

I don't know how he does it. I would be tempted to leave it unfilled a little while longer even when I was back from vacay. That's good it seems to be working out for him though.

I don't know how he does it. I would be tempted to leave it unfilled a little while longer even when I was back from vacay. That's good it seems to be working out for him though.

I'm getting the surgery in 11 days and I wouldn't do it. However, given time, maturity with the band, comfortability, doctor's approval, and past results, I can see where one could feel at peace with doing it. Just buyer beware and know what you are getting into. Again, consult your doctor.

I'm getting the surgery in 11 days and I wouldn't do it. However' date=' given time, maturity with the band, comfortability, doctor's approval, and past results, I can see where one could feel at peace with doing it. Just buyer beware and know what you are getting into. Again, consult your doctor.[/quote']

Oh you didn't have surgery yet? Well good luck to you! That's good u have ur brother to guide u along the way. Sounds like he's been very successful.