Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfill For Convience????

Has anyone had or are thinking of having an unfill for convience only? Even if it is only a small amount out' date=' per say for Thanksgiving or Christmas so you don't have to worry about getting stuck while at an event?

In my opinion, no, I would not. Simply because I know I would go way overboard, which is why I'm overweight to begin with.

I get stuck every so often, usually due to taking to big of bites or not chewing enough. It IS a learning experience to some of us. To those who don't have issues with this...good for you!

That being said, and maybe I'm being overly sensitive... But a few responses to your post seemed very harsh to me. I'm not saying that they're not right, in fact, in principal I agree with them...but I think a little more tact could be used.

Of course one shouldn't encourage someone to do something they think might harm them, but using sarcasm and making the person asking the question feel foolish seems counterproductive to what this forum is about. We don't want to discourage people from asking questions, do we?

Just something to think about...

We don't want to discourage people from asking questions, do we?

Of course not. I believe that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

OK, I have been reading everyone replies and I do appreciate all of them. Even the ones that were very harsh. Yes, the plain and simple truth is sometimes the best.

I am going to ask for a 1/4 to 1/2 cc unfill and no more, only because I feel I am a little too tight. With the frequent stuck episodes, I am kinda miserable. I will take it as it comes for the holiday season. It will be difficult, but in the long run it will be for the best. I am still scared!

Thank you all!

I have also spoke with my friend and let her read all the threads. She still does not see anything wrong with unfilling for the holidays. Oh well, I can only be accountable for my own actions.

weight.png

That's one of the reasons am afraid to get unfill.

I feel pretty good right now but I think I might have stretched my pouch and the only way to get the pouch back to normal size would be emptying it and adding restriction little by little but im afraid I would never find that "sweet spot" ever again.

I had that problem once. I got a fill and my doctor told me that it wouldn't work as it suppose to because I stretched my pouch. He told me I need to do a liquid diet for like 21 days to reduce my pouch and then do a fill again, and it least form me it makes sense. By liquids he meant broths, yogurt, Protein shakes, juices, etc, etc,and keep i under 4 oz every single time; it wasn't about the calories, but about the size..

Good luck :)

Lol when I went to my seminar they stated plain as day "we do not unfill for special occasions so do not ask"

I have 3 yrs in this lap band game and have done well. Sugar coating is not what I do either,I followed on this page and have not found to have to give answer to everyone I felt was doin something wrong its a learning process for all of us. Like I said u judge everything someone done! I hope u continue to do well as the lap band poster child.

Has anyone had or are thinking of having an unfill for convience only? Even if it is only a small amount out' date=' per say for Thanksgiving or Christmas so you don't have to worry about getting stuck while at an event?

I don't think that is a good idea. Just my opinion. I just skip meals that tempt me too much. Not worth it and I cant afford the extra money for doctors so I can break plan. Just typing this it seems pretty crazy.