Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complete Loser.... And Not In A Good Way

Hi all.. I had my doc appt today and he is not happy with me at all. I am not losing weight the way I should be. I have only mangaged to keep my original weight loss off and I have no idea why. He was not very nice to me. Kinda spoke to me as if I was an idiot, hell maybe I am. Maybe this was not for me.

First he told me I might be too tight, as I have lately been getting heartburn at night when I lay down, its not awful, I can and do sleep, but its there. I usually do Protein Shake for Breakfast or 2 eggs over easy with a slice of turkey bacon. for lunch I either do not eat, b/c I have no desire to or nothing to eat. I can also have another shake here.

dinner is usually a reasonable dinner. A Protein of sometype (3-4 oz) and a veggie and small starch. Do not misunderstand, I am not perfect, there are times when I have eaten more than that, but never gorge myself. I am not a snacker and rarely have chips or anything like that.

I feel horrible now and I want to cry.

Stephanie

I'm new here, but if I had to guess, I don't think you're eating enough. If you don't get enough calories, your body will hold onto fat because it assumes you're in a starvation situation.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I believe I've read that I will need to have six small meals a day (after the post-op diet) to get enough calories.

Hi Scorra, I have to agree with the gentleman who posted above. You are deff not getting in the required amount of calories and fat you need to actually 'burn' fat.

How do i know, because I track my food daily, I mean everrrrrything I track, even mustard and ketchup. At first I was barely eating like you, I mean barely. getting in around 400 calories a day, and barely any fat. I still contiuned to lose but this weight should be flying off of me as big as I am. Now, I am up to around close to 1000 and pulling in around 20-25 grams of fat. Yes fat, you need that to burn fuel. I don't care where i get the fat from I eat it as long as its healthy. Like yesterday I only got in 13 grams of fat. so I took out my measuring spoon and put creamy Peanut Butter in it and ate it right off the spoon. 1 tbs I got that added boost of good fat I needed. I do this with my smart balance butter, olive oil, and cheese. You can also buy some delish nuts like almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, and pistachios for extra healthy fat and Protein. You got to get in girl!

Track track track your food, make your daily quota for calories and fat (don't forget to add up the protein) and you will notice a difference. starving yourself will not make you lose weight!

Oh, btw try and 'eat' your calories and fat not drink them.....

You can do this!!!!!!! keep us posted!

Hi all.. I had my doc appt today and he is not happy with me at all. I am not losing weight the way I should be. I have only mangaged to keep my original weight loss off and I have no idea why. He was not very nice to me. Kinda spoke to me as if I was an idiot, hell maybe I am. Maybe this was not for me.

First he told me I might be too tight, as I have lately been getting heartburn at night when I lay down, its not awful, I can and do sleep, but its there. I usually do Protein Shake for Breakfast or 2 eggs over easy with a slice of turkey bacon. for lunch I either do not eat, b/c I have no desire to or nothing to eat. I can also have another shake here.

dinner is usually a reasonable dinner. A Protein of sometype (3-4 oz) and a veggie and small starch. Do not misunderstand, I am not perfect, there are times when I have eaten more than that, but never gorge myself. I am not a snacker and rarely have chips or anything like that.

I feel horrible now and I want to cry.

Stephanie

well, it seems like the other poster is correct, you do not seem to be eating much. but you are wrong. (you are not an idiot). you are a very smart lady and gorgeous to boot.

you have to eat to lose weight, the same as you gained it. you just need to eat lean proteins/fruits and veggies. sure Protein Shakes are okay but you cant live on them. protein has to be 65+ or more a day. you need to get this in order to (lose weight) from what i am understanding.

have you seen your nutritionist at all?

please do not get rattled at all of this. you are still early on in this process.

i think you are doing well. you are you and that is what is important.

i dont have any fills so i cannot speak to if you are too tight or not, but you def

need to find out if you are (can you drink, can you eat etc).

i wish you all the best and sorry you are having this issue.

I do not believe I am too tight as I have no problems eating and drinking. heck, if I wanted to I could sit down right now and eat an entire full size meal. And drinking is no problem either. Drinking in my calories I have basically stopped doing. not all, but most. Which is a huge change for me. I have been tracking my food using myfitnesspal.com and I am always under in calories and Protein. I honestly never really looked at the fat. I will do that starting right now. I just went to the store and bought some healthy options to encourage me to eat more and I will start cutting out the shakes.< /p>

Thanks to all of you who listened! I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry your Dr was not very nice, sometimes they seem to forget that they work for us. I would also say you're not eating enough, and I would also worry about the reflux even though it's not bothering you.

It sounds like you already track food, how much Water are you drinking daily? Are you exercising? Unfortunately for some people, those two things are also very important in getting the body to let go of weight. Do you have any underlying medical issues (PCOS, thyroid issues)?

You said your doctor thought you might be too tight, but he did nothing about it? No xray with baruim to rule out a problem, wow. That concerns me. If it was me I would ask for a xray to see what is going on. If all is ok with my band then I would evaluate my meals with my nutritionist. But, that's just me.

Oh and by the way, CG is right you are not an idiot! This is a tough journey with a lot of bumps alone the way. You are doing great and you will get through this.

Thank you. Yes, I have a lot of underlying issues. Thyroid is one,PCOS too, medications that make me gain a ton of weight that I cannot get off of.. I do not have great opportunity for exercise either, I am getting that under control, but not there yet. I am going to see how I do tonight before demanding an xray, but he was pretty darn sure it was my eating habits, not anything wrong with my band. famous last words??? I have slacked off a lot on my Water intake too.

Sigh... I will get my act together. I am having a pity party right now.

You are not an idiot! Its a whole new way of life and you must learn and must learn to listen to what you body is telling you! As everyone else has said...I dont believe you are eating enough! I would most certainly increase my calorie intake a little and see what happens? How about exercise..are you doing any of that?

Your doctor sounds very mean! I wasnt having issues last fill however they did a barium on me anyway just to make sure everything was the way it should be!

Take some time and gather your thoughts! You will succeed!!

Its a life long journey you are on! Lets take one day at a time!

Best of luck!

Stephanie, you can do this hon!!! We are all here for eachother to help, learn, and listen. Don't let anyone bring you down ever! and never give up on yourself!

(((hugs)))