Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Marianne

God I am jealous....I just got finished saying how I cant walk up stairs without becoming winded....Rock on! Glad to hear that you are feeling so fantastic!!!! I am going to be banded tomorrow and I am starting to get anxious. Reading that makes me feel good! You know what they say...smoke em if you got em.

Hello,

I am a week out of being banded and I still do not have too much of an appetite. I do not have any restriction either. I may get a fill next week when I fly back to the states. Has any of the May 2006 Band Crew had a fill yet? How is everyones healing going? All of this liquid has given me some gas and I really do not have any food in me but Protein Shakes. I feel like it I want to let some of the wind out of me I might start a river flowing instead....lol

Please check in first week banders and let us know how your making out...

Peace and Love

seminole--you can get a dr. to give you a fill after only 2 weeks? i have never heard that. i had my surgery last week and am doing good. very sick of liquids, but i am trying to do what i am supposed to do. it will be great to get to mushies in 2 weeks. hope everyone is doing great.........

outdoorgirl - I too felt that I had to tell my mum before the surgery but dreaded the lectutres - in the end I told her the night before - that way there was only time for one sleepless night of worry for her and now that I'm 14 days post op and okay (I don't tell her about the pain!) - she's fine about it.

I think I'll be okay with other people knowing once it works but just in case i don't lose the weight i'm keeping quiet to most people.

Seminole! Checkin' in....

I'm feeling excellent! I have some restriction due to post-op swelling. I just ate 3 ounces of well blended pink salmon and I'm stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. I had 1/4 cup scrambled egg with a bit of low fat cheese at 11:00 this morning and I just got hungry about 20 mins ago. My energy is through the roof! I'm walking every day at least a mile and doing house stuff. I have my first check in with the doctor tomorrow.

Regarding fills...I can't get mine until 6 weeks. The next one is scheduled for 10 weeks and then we watch my weight loss to give more.

I'm over the moon and SO satisfied with my decision.

How's everyone else?

Hello,

I am a week out of being banded and I still do not have too much of an appetite. I do not have any restriction either. I may get a fill next week when I fly back to the states. Has any of the May 2006 Band Crew had a fill yet? How is everyones healing going? All of this liquid has given me some gas and I really do not have any food in me but Protein Shakes. I feel like it I want to let some of the wind out of me I might start a river flowing instead....lol

Please check in first week banders and let us know how your making out...

Peace and Love

Seminole Baby! Your dr will let you have a fill only a (will be) two weeks out? :second: You don't have much of an appetite yet because your stomach is SWOLLEN!!! I don't think most surgeons will give fills until about 6 weeks out. And, please, please, take care of yourself and drink thin liquids for at least another week. Then start pureed food for a couple more weeks. THEN, soft foods for a couple of weeks. Please, talk to your Dr. You don't want to hurt your new stomach. You're making me worry.:speechles

Hi all- wanted to join the may bandsters! I'm totally stoked! my official date is May 31. the only real issue I've had is mom, who's worried about mexico- I finally convinced hubby, (though he just might be sick of me yammering on and on about it) anyway- I've done TONS of research and feel really good about my decision. Anyone else going that day? I'll be with Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey.

Wish me luck!

Kato

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe & wife

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

May 19th

Mvpo8961

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

May 23rd

jcbydesign

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

May 27th

CATCHUP

May30th

outdoorgrl

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

I think I got everybody. But if I missed you let me know and I will edit it.

M

The list keeps growing and growing.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hello all, this is the first post. I will be banded on Monday 5/22 by Dr. Spivak-Houston, Tx. I am a bit anxious! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I go on this new adventure to health and happiness!

Seminole.... I am 2 weeks out and feeling fantastic!!! My doc does first fills 4 weeks out so I get my first fill on May 30. I'm really looking forward to it. I have zero restriction and am hanging on by sheer willpower. I have been on mushies for just over a week and while I don't eat nearly as much as preband I am starving within an hour or so after I eat no matter what I eat. Can't wait for May 30!!

Seminole, I'm happy to hear that you came through your surgery with no problems. I was banded on May 1 and really had no appetite at all for about the first five days. Then from the 6th day through 14th I had a little bit of hunger but not bad at all. At two weeks, I now seem to get hungry within a couple of hours after eating. I am still on mushy foods but they don't stick with me for as long as I would like. I will have my first fill at six weeks and I can see now that I am going to have to struggle with hunger for the next nearly four weeks. But I am trying to be really careful not to eat too much at a time. I don't find it too difficult to find things to eat from the "mushy menu". Hang in there, Friend! I know the gas is the pits. I have found the bloating to be the most uncomfortable lately, but other than that I keep feeling better every day. You are going to do great!!

Hope

Hi All, I Am Not New To The Board, But Would Like To Officially Introduce Myself. I Am Scheduled For The 27th. And Yes That Is A Saturday. I Am Nervous And Anxious, And Excited All At The Same Time. Please Add Me To The May Crew. Hi To All And Hope All Is Well.

Welcome to the May Bandsters thread Kato, Tincat and Catchup! Congrats on your rapidly approaching surgery dates! We are glad you are here! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Happy to see all of you May already-bandeds hanging in there!:second:

I'm on day 7 of my 15 day liquid diet! I HATE SLIM FAST/GLUCERNA AND CHICKEN/BEEF BROTH!!!:)

I hope I can survive another eight days! On the up-side, I've lost about 8 lbs since last Friday!:clap2: I had better get a lot of compliments from my surgeon about how wonderfully fit my liver looks when he gets in there...

3loves.. how's it going? Hanging in there?

FYI...Liquid only phase drink. Bolthouse Farms (in the organic section...usually by the produce) They make wonnndddeerrrful Chai and Mocha flavored beverages with added PROTEIN! Not chalky, think, or ooeeyy gooeey. They also have Carrot juice, and a variety of Fruit Drinks that are all natural...no sugar added, and often have Vitamin benefits.

Check out your grocery store for this yummy tip! Enjoy!

I am now on to Full Liquids!!! Praise the Lord...or whomever you want...but for me it's the Lord. I am really into my Soup at hand.

Have a successful day!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: GO GO MAY BANSTERS :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BEST WISHES TO MVPO8961 ON GETTING YOUR BAND TOMMORROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!