Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Hi May Bandsters,

justduckie - Your welcome! I have heard of people signing exercise contracts and if it works - great!! I have been trying to walk at least 30 minutes a day. That's about all I can do because if I do anything else, my port site bothers me. I bent over too quickly the other day and felt like I relocated my port. OUCH! I can get in a pool next week so I might try the Water aerobics I like doing.

marianneTN (sp?) - welcome to bandland!!!!!!!!!!!!! You picked a good month go get band and a great group of people to get banded with!

3Loves - I like the Dannon Frusion. I know they have a lot of calories, but, right now, I am still not getting in more than 1000 calories a day so I feel like I need the calories. I usually have 2 Protein Drinks a day (1 scoop ON whey Protein + 1 cup nf milk), 1 smoothie, and some kind of Soup. With the water, that's about all I can take in a day. Luckily, the provein drinks + milk give me 32g of protein per shake so I get at least 64g of protein a day.

Karma2 and everyone else getting banded today - GOOD LUCK and my prayers are with you! Despite the difficulties, this is an exciting adventure to be on.

Congrats to you recently banded! You are on your way to a whole new you!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Now on to those of you getting your band today and tomorrow!

Best of Luck, Thoughts and Prayers going out to:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

TODAY: babyjane,Karma2,michelletur

TOMORROW: heresdeb,TwinkleLiL Star,AMF101,wiggygiggy,4MyFuture,missyfan

GO GETUM' GUYS!!!!!

Linda - How long did your Surgeon tell you to wait before swimming or getting in the tub? I've seen where lots of fols have to wait six weeks.. I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long, I'm ready to dive into the pool! Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing great!

3Loves,

Thanks for the welcome! People have always told me I have a great spirit...I can hardly wait until the 30th. This is something that I have been trying to do for so long, it is almost hard to believe that it is really going to happen. I am a little concerned because I have modified my diet and increased my exercise and don't seem to be loosing weight. I am afraid my docotor is going to tell me "no" when I get there...I am hoping that the liquid diet will help..

Good luck to everyone having surgery today!!

Kim2bhealthy - my doctor told me to wait two weeks. I saw him yesterday and he said next week was swimming was ok.

I had my op on Thursday and on friday they took all the dressings off and sprayed the stitches with some sealent stuff and sent me off to have a shower - they have remained without a dressing, I have mainly showered but had one bath this week and the stitches are healing beautifully.:Banane11:

Diet:Told clear liquid for 3 days then liquid for a month but I have had some very mushed mushies and feel better for it!:woot:

6 days post op - 8lb loss.

Today is the first day I have felt much better - still have pains inb shoulder blade and port hurts a lot but better.:Banane45:

No excersise at all until today - 1/2 hour slow walk - I just havn't felt up to it before.:Banane13:

Tidge (uk)

I love the idea of a exercise contract. We were told in pre-op class that if we weren't willing to walk, to let them know now b/c they may not do the surgery. This is serious stuff and takes our full participation. Can someone give a brief sample of what a contract like that may say? :Banane13: I was thinking I could make my own and tape it on my mirror or put it on the fridge.

LindaV ~ Sounds like your doing great getting in your liquids and Protein. I will buy some of those Dannon smoothies and see which ones I like the best. Also, I'm going hit my DH up for one of those Magic Bullets....I WANT ONE!!

Heather ~ You'll be fine. I don't see where your modifications should keep you from the band. Just keep exercising....12 mi :Banane11: you are AWESOME!!

I wish everyone the very best and quick healing!!!

Sounds like all the May Bandster are doing great so far, :clap2: . Best Wishes and were all thinking of you tommorrow to

heresdeb :clap2:

TwinkleLiL Star :clap2:

AMF101 :clap2:

wiggygiggy :clap2:

4myFuture :clap2:

missyfan :clap2:

:Banane13: :Banane11: :Banane45: :woot: :) :)

Well I made it thru, just a little sore. Yesterday had some gas but today not at all. I want to thank everyone for all your prayers.

It's been two days, now. Seems longer. I just started on real liquids today. I had a yogurt smoothie, and blended a can of chicken Soup. Ate 1/4 cup and feel pretty good. I'm just drinking lots of Water right now. My tummy is still a bit sore but I don't feel hungry.

The newest experience was being very gassy during the night. Oh, yeah! I actually could sleep on my side.:notagree

Kim thank you so much for your kind words:) really did make my night ..:notagree which I think no one is getting enough sleep in this house tonight.....:Banane13:

To all the people getting band tomorrow good luck and may God guide your surgeons:angel: :angel:

See you all on the loosers bench making room for all of us.lol

Rosa..:Banane11: :clap2:

Hey Rosa, congratulations....glad your home and sounding so chipper!!

Stitchy ~ Two days and on your side....that's encouraging. I have a hard time sleeping on my back too.

missnikki ~ It's good to hear from you. Keep us posted!!!

I second what CLOE said....we're praying for all of you!!

CLOE & Kim ~ Ready for the liquids? I am packing some of my shakes tonight since we are traveling to OH tomorrow. Maybe I'll tell my SIL's that I can't help clean-up after the big Mother's Day meal b/c it's too much temptation. :heh: Do you think that would work? :rolleyes Holy Cow!!! 2, I say 2 more weeks girls!!:dance:

Thank you Cloe and everyone else for your well wishes and prayers.

My surgery is tomorrow at 11 am and I am so excited. I have to be at the hospital by 8am and I have a 2 hour drive.

Did anyone get "cold Feet" the night before? I sure hope I can get some sleep.< /p>

Keep up the great healing for those already banded.

I will report on Sat or Sun.

Hey guys!

I'm home...very sore and tired but home. My experience was fine and I feel a whole lot better than I thought I would. Liquids are hard as heck to get in. The very last thing on my mind is eating. I'm doing by breathing exercises, walking, passing gas (what fun and oh, so lady like!) and just trying to get back in the swing of things.

I'm going to work my peach Jello right now and take it easy. I'll post more when I feel more human.

Marianne

Hi, Marianne - I was banded on Tuesday as well and I am totally with you... I'm having a hard time getting liquids in and I'm not thinking about food at all. When I see or smell it my stomach turns a little... which is guess is a blessing. I don't feel completely human yet, either, although I am very mobile, walking around a lot to try and pass that lovely gas. :nervous