Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Thanks, I'll try the baby wipes now; I don't have the Goo Gone. What else is that use for? I may go out and buy some if the wipes don't work.

Laura

Hi Laurapar,

Goo Gone or Goof Off can be use to get off just about anything. I have used it to get gum out of clothing or off shoes, candle wax off of table cloths, manufacturers stickers that don't come off come right off with this. It has an oily base, so if you use it on clothing, you have to treat for oil before washing.

It is great stuff to have around. But, remember, you aren't really supposed to use it on your skin so be careful! It doesn't bother me, but that doesn't mean it won't bother your skin.

LindaV,

Remind me again - what will change about your diet in 6 days. Is that when you will go on mushies? How long do you stay on mushies before you go to regular food? Each doctor is so different.

Thanks for the tip on baby wipes. I will try that. I'm a little afraid of the Goo Gone for my pansy tummy tissue!

I really enjoyed talking with you also!!

Hope

Hi Hope,

Yes, in 6 days I go on mushies. Then I stay on mushies for 3 weeks before I can go on solids. June 12 is marked on my calender but I am still trying to decide what I will try first. This week, I am trying to get prepared for "mushies." I am going to stock up on eggs, cottage cheese, fish, bananas and potatoes. My dietician said I can make chicken or ham salad in the food processor. I can't wait to unfreeze some of my Easter ham. OMG AM I SALIVATING RIGHT NOW!

You are already on mushies, right? When do you progress to solids? When we are both on solids, we shoud meet at a restaurant downtown and split a meal. We will probably still be able to take leftovers home. Eating out sure will be a lot cheaper considering we won't be drinking with our meals either.

LindaV,

You will be amazed at how many things you can eat in the mushy stage! Hang in there. You are doing great and it won't be much longer for you now. I have quite a long list of things that are considered mushy, some as is and some have to be pureed first. I have not yet tried eggs. I don't know why I haven't because I do like them. I have pureed (or chopped finely) both chicken and tuna but have not tried beef. I have some meat balls in the freezer that I could puree but just haven't gotten to them yet.

Starting today I am supposed to choose from my mushy list and eat three meals a day with Water in between. Before this I was supposed to try to eat 3-6 meals a day. I will be interested to see how this goes. I have definitely noticed that my appetite has increased the last two days. I have a feeling that I will be getting pretty hungry by the time my fill appointment comes (June 13).

I have a question, not just for you, but anyone who has been banded around the same time period as us. Do you feel any smaller? Do your clothes fit any different? I have lost some weight, but my clothes don't fit a bit looser. I know I have only lost 14 pounds, but I am not naturally a large person and I thought I would be able to tell a little anyway. I wonder if my stomach could still be swollen from surgery. Waistbands still bother me quite a bit. Maybe I will stay swollen longer too because I also had my gallbladder removed and a hernia repair at the same time.

I would love to split a lunch/dinner with you! I will go on regular food June 5 and will happily wait for you.

Keep on sipping and slurping! (Just say no to slipping and burping!)

Hope

Melissa - Congratulations on your banding date! I know how exciting that must be for you.

Hope - OK, it's a date! To be on the safe side, we should probably wait until after our first fills. My fill date is Jude 16th. Once I start mushies, I can probably put some thought into where we should go. :)

one of the Drs was Carlos Alasandrini at BajaNor, but there is alot of Drs that do them even in T.J.

hi, I was banded on May 9th and dont feel and restriction at all I even ate Carne Asada and salad at my mothers day bbq and had no problem at all. is this normal?

So, I'm almost a week into my journey into my new life. Some things that have really, really hit home...

*I miss chewing. In a bad, bad way. I have put things in my mouth and chewed them to death and then spit them in the trash. Momma said it wasn't lady like to spit. She's never been on liquids for two weeks.

*I've realized I'm grieving. Like real grieving. I'm looking at the lifestyle and choices I used to make and accepting I'll never be able to make them again and be a successful bandster. Last night the only thing I could think of was a Sonic Burger with cheese, no onions, mayo and mustard with a side of tater tots with chili and cheese. Add a Rt. 44 Cherry Limeade and I'm set. I will never eat that meal again. Ever. When the "ever" hit me, I started crying. I've joked with a friend that I need to have an old Marianne "funeral" and let the past go.

The emotional part of this journey gets left out sometimes. We think about what may happen to our bodies but we forget what starts happening in our heads. I feel like a butterfly...

:update:

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

May 19th

Mvpo8961

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

May 23rd

jcbydesign

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

May30th

outdoorgrl

May 31st

escudero012004

I think I got everybody. But if I missed you let me know and I will edit it.

Well just thought that I would update everyone on myself. Surgery went well on the 12th, I did end up staying in the hospital overnight. they did a little more than just put in the band the Dr went ahead and took out my gal bladder, and fixed a small hernia. I did get to leave the hospital on saturday morning, then it was back to the hotel for the whole day. Finally made the three hour drive home yesterday. Spent the night in the recliner here at home, last night, slept pretty good. today have just been taking it easy. sipping Water and Clear Liquids. thanks to everyone for the prayers, and good wishes and good luck to all those yet to be banded. thats my update. thanks

Of course you will eat that meal again - when you lose all your weight and get an unfil you will eat any celebratory meal you choose - but too many of them and it's time for a fill. It will taste better when you're thin! TIDGE X