Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Weeks Pregnant And So Nervous

Our due dates must be very close...I am due April 21st! Just had my first appointment yesterday, and seeing/hearing that little heartbeat is the biggest sigh of relief I think I've ever had in my life. This is my first, so I am incredibly nervous. My heart goes out to you - my sister has had 3 miscarriages and only one successful pregnancy. She is at the point she is not sure if she wants to even try for another. Thoughts and prayers to you for a healthy pregnancy this time around! :-)

I'm also 7 weeks prego and due 21Apr :) I had very similar symptoms with the bleeding( dry blood) but scary none the less. I was also very relieved when I saw the Dr last week and she did a complete work up and checked the baby on a sonagram. I'm 34 and this is my 2nd child but I had my first 13 yrs ago so I feel new to all this. It's so comforting to know other people experience similar experiences and that we have a place to go to share our stories. I was very excited to hear the heart beat and see pics of our little tadpole as they refer to it hahaha. I wish you guys all the luck and would love to hear how you guys are doing?? Are any of you very nauseous and or experiencing indigestion?? Mine is awful :(

My due date is april 20th lol. I am soooo sick :( every smell about kills me and if I get hot I instantly feel terrible! And to top it off my boobs are killin me. If I even bump them I just about scream.

Oh I feel the same way. I finally started getting relief yesterday when I picked up ginger ale and it instantly made me feel better. I use a little Water because of the carbonation. Tums are my best friend right now because of the indigestion :( try a nice warm bath and lay in it up to your boobs because that has helped me tremendously :)

Ginger ale and I are also good friends lol.. they are going to prescribe me something for it though since it keeps getting worse. I've used a heating pad on them it helps a lot but a bath sounds nice.

When is your guys next check up?

April 21st is a great date to have a baby. (It's my birthday and my anniversary!) I'm due March 16th. Had one internal exam and one ultrasound so far. It's hard to imagine I'm pregnant because aside from morning/afternoon/evening/late night sickness and horrible fatigue, all else just feels like I'm getting fat again! Because I'm constantly reminded I'm 'very high risk' due to my weight and age (40) I don't want to get overly excited in fear of a late miscarriage. I should mention I have never been pregnant before and have never before tried. Thankfully, it worked naturally for us, though I was prepared for In-vitro in the event it didn't work naturally for us. I did all of my homework first, though. I workout regularly, eat healthy, and am tremendously fortunate that I do not have PCOS or any other issues with regularity. I've followed my OB's directions carefully and hope for the best. I can only hope the same for all of you! I've had a few friends miscarry late in the pregnancy, so I'm holding off being excited and focusing on each day as it comes.

As a totally different note, I was a 16/18 or 14 W before conceiving. I'm having issues finding maternity clothes. Anyone have any suggestions? I need professional looking clothes that don't look too maternity as I don't want to disclose my pregnancy at work for a while.....I even tried going up a clothing size, but only my waist needs it and the clothes hang horribly on me!

Do you have a gordmans or kohls? Both have a nice maternaty sections.. also if you have a maurices, fashion bug, or lane bryant you could just go up in size instead if getting maternaty clothes because they both carry up to size 28

I also am still very nervous about a miscarriage.. after suffering two I don't know if mentally I can stand another.. just hoping for the best and wishing you the best to :) positive vibes commin from here!!!

Doc appt today. Baby looked great. :) 8 weeks and 3 days 1 inch long heart beat of 162.. starting progesterone tommorrow just to be safe.

I was also told I needed to be tested for diabetes and Vitamin B12 deficiency due to my band? And that id most likley be a csection because of it...

Doc appt today. Baby looked great. :) 8 weeks and 3 days 1 inch long heart beat of 162.. starting progesterone tommorrow just to be safe.

I was also told I needed to be tested for diabetes and Vitamin B12 deficiency due to my band? And that id most likley be a csection because of it...

Great, strong heartbeat! Congrats. I'll assume your doctor knows very little about the band. It's not common to have B 12 difficiencies the way GB patients do. You may want to remind (tell) her that the band doesn't change how your body derives nutrients from meals. I requested the screening for diabetes early. When I was much heavier, I was prediabetic. I've had a lot of dizziness and just want to be sure all is normal. Most get tested after 25-30 weeks. If you are still more than 30-40 pounds overweight, it is because of that, not the band. I'd assume your OBGYN hadn't had many banded patients before. Good luck!!

I know I looked at her like she was crazy. I'm like its a lap band just a laproscopically place lap band no plication.

It's weird how different doctors have different schools of thought when comes to being plus-sized with or without a band and pregnant. I'm 20w4d and at my first appointment, my OB recommended I gain no more than 25 pounds. I know some people the same size as me (200lbs pp) that have been told not to gain a single pound!! Crazy. So far I've gained 1 pound. I actually had zero (sorry!) morning sickness and have just been eating more regularly than I was even doing before. She also didn't mention that she thought a c-section might be necessary. It of course MIGHT be, but we will try vaginal delivery, if possible.

I had only lost about 70 pounds from the band placed in June 2010--still have about 30 to go. But everything looks great and it was such a relief to hear my doctor say she doesnt think I'm high risk at all since I have lost the weight!

I'm praying for sticky bean dust for you!! I worried everyday through my first trimester...still do! But just this week I've been able to feel her moving around quite a bit. (Especially after a glass of OJ!) Just trust that your body knows what to do and you've already taken a huge step to getting healthier! Your little bean will appreciate that more than anything. :)

Blessings to all us mamas (and hopefully soon-to-be mamas) in here!