Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I have been missing

I got access to the computer lounge here at the hospital for the employees to check my email. I am sitting here crying reading all of the warm wishes and responses. Thank you all. You have no idea how hard this has been. Today I just wanted to go home because I am so tired and frustrated, but I just don't want to leave her alone. The night I spent away she got really scared and cried most of the night. I feel so guilty, but I know I needed the break. We will just be happy to have her home.

The Antibiotics that she is now on seem to be doing some good by this mornings tests, so it looks like part of our prayers have been answered.

Thank you all again. The LBT family is a large one, and as I keep telling her, she has so many people praying for her, God is sure to hear about it. :( She is in high spirits, even with everything going on, and has been officially deemed the Princess of Pediatrics by the nursing staff. They came in this morning and did a mini coronation ceremony for her. No kidding! One of the nurses spent most of last night making her a crown, and another a little sign for the door. She is going to get a big head after all of this. LOL

Still staying strong...all of us. Thank you all for the PM's and the posts with prayers and well wishes. You will all get to see a message from the princess herself when we are all done. :eek:

Amy

Emily has been lifted up in prayer....your family too!! I am the mother of 2 little ones and my heart hurts for you to have to watch your baby in pain like that. However, the Lord does answer prayers and I'm so glad to hear that she is responding to the meds.

I have never walked in your shoes, but I know as a mother, you would take her place if you could. May God continue to carry you all through this trying time. It sounds like Emily is keeping everyone's spirits high. God bless her little heart. Sometimes kids don't know how sick they really are.

Many prayers and wishes for her speedy recovery!! :( Hang in there, it will soon be a distant memory. :eek:

Amy: I will keep your daughter in our prayers here in Idaho, I know that God will lay his healing hand upon her and she will get well very soon. I also will be praying for you and your family as you deal with all the issues of travel back and forth

I talked to Amy last night and she said that the new antibiotics are working. Emily's fever has broken and they thought they might get to bring her home today. She was planning on coming here last night and giving everyone an update, but I'm not surprised she didn't. She sounded so tired. This happened right when they moved to their new home.. so the house isn't even unpacked. Anyway, I'll let Amy give you all the details when she gets time. Bless their hearts!

Oh goodness the trials continue. LOL Emily is home, bless her heart, and she has all the energy that a 4 year old that has had to lay on her back for 12 days. But the whole family (my mother, DH, son and daughter) have Rotovirus. Amazingly enough I am not sick. I guess someone up there figured one person needed to stay healthy to take of the rest. Those not familiar with it, rotovirus is a very strong stomach virus that makes you squirt from both ends quite a bit. Everyone is spending their days on the toilet here. I actually had to pee for 4 hours this morning because there was no bathroom available. LOL Everyone is fine, and I have to watch them all for dehydration, but this all seems like it is never going to end. I am so tired. And so ready for a vacation...ALONE! LOL My entire family is grossing me out.

On a happy note I have finished sewing my curtains, put them up, put together the BBQ, shampooed the carpets in the new place, and conditioned all the wood furniture in my house. It has been looking a little sad. And I unpacked last night between holding my daughter's hair back and bringing more toilet paper to my DH. yay me!!

Oh my.....I can't imagine how you find the energy to keep going. I guess it's what mom's do best, just keep going until all is well, then crash. I do hope & pray you don't come down with that nasty stuff. I had the flu with my boys earlier this year and I would have died if anyone would have seen my house at that time. Moms just can't afford to get sick.

Take care and we'll keep praying for all of you!!

Amy, honey, you've been through so much! I'm so very glad that your little girl is on the mend and I hope that nasty rotovirus is on the way out of your new home. (((HUGS)))

Holy Man Amy! Yikers! I am really glad that I am not a part of your family right now!!!! Bless your heart... you must be so exhausted! I think you are going to deserve a trip ALONE to the spa for a day after all of this or maybe a hotel room ALONE for 48 hours just to sleep! I am so glad to hear that Emily is home and hope everyone gets better soon!

i love the idea of a spa day, or a hotel room by myself for 48 hours. in fact, here in town is a resort and spa. I'm gonna go check in there. LOL being the type of mom i am, i would take emily with me so we can go get manny-pedis together. lol

Amy ~ I've got your daughter as my daughter's prayer buddy. She likes to pick someone new to pray for (she's 8) when her prayers have been answered. Her last prayer buddy finally got home from the hospital last week, so let's see how quickly she can get your little one back home to you!!!!

((((((((((HUGS for Mama, too!!))))))))

~cheri

Cheri, I thought that was just the sweetest thing when I read it! I read Amy's post to my 6yo daughter and Emily has been her "prayer buddy" ever since. Anytime we pray, we remember little Emily in the hospital in Florida with pneumonia, that God would heal her little body so she can go home and feel better. My Rachel will be happy to hear Emily is home now!

Amy, I know you are so relieved the tide has turned and Emily is on the mend. I cannot believe what you are going through with the rotovirus in the house! Egads!!! Hang in there. In two weeks you'll be bored. Thank the Lord!!! LOL ((((hugs))))

Hey Funny! Good to see you back again. Tell your DH that I guess he wasted his money with the colon cleansing thing. If he'd have just waited... *laughs*

Hope you all feel better soon. You deserve a break! *hugs*

Love ya Sis!