Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I join the group, had surgery today. I'm in pain but the painkillers help, they're supposed to knock me out but here I am again...... Wide awake. I know I don't know any of you (1st post was last night) but it helps to know someone is thinking of me and reading my thoughts.

Didn't sleep well either last night, spark, and understand what you're going through. Feeling some pain but it's very managable with the meds. Toughest thing I'm dealing with is a headache from my anti-nausea medicine. Moving pretty darn well and can't believe the surgery was just this morning. We're all in this together and it really helps having this group, doesn't it!

click on groups, then click on august 2012 group and the click on Follow Group to join... Hope you all are feeling okay, i noticed neither one of you slept last night. You need to rest when possible, (if possible) lol.... Take care!

Something weird just happened I haven't been eating it even drinking very much because I wasn't hungry and I just woke up 4 o'clock in the morning starving. I sat here for an hour eating a SF Jello and it tasted so good. but i'm full just from the jello cup but dang I never thought I would be that hungry. Only 4 days post op

I feel you on that one. It's hard enough being gassy already from surgery but then the Protein Drink makes u even more so. My sister tried it too and she said she was burping a lot after half of it

I have been drinking only half of my Protein Shakes since that's all i've been able to get down but I drink the Atkins Protein shakes and I don't get gas from them. What kind are you drinking?

How do I join the group' date=' had surgery today. I'm in pain but the painkillers help, they're supposed to knock me out but here I am again...... Wide awake. I know I don't know any of you (1st post was last night) but it helps to know someone is thinking of me and reading my thoughts.[/quote']

I had mine today too, i just started taking my pain med at midnite bcuz my upper stomach felt like it was spasming i think its the gas so i have been putting a heat pad n also my gas x strips it helps alot. Haven't been able to sleep any amount of consistent hours hope that changes soon.

Ugh. I can't believe it. In just a few short hours of sleep i "dream cheated" three times on this whole postop diet. Each time i woke up and had to make sure i hadn't slept walked and actually gone into my kitchen and ate something solid. If this keeps up then the rest of the week is gonna be a total trip. Anyone else dream of eating solids?

hang in there Dear heart it's so worth it it just sucks in the beginning i think day 2-3 were the worse and then I started to feel better each day after so hang in there you can do it

I'm on the 3rd day post op, my biggest complaint is my really sore throat and sore tummy. I just started using the breathing machine. I'll be sure to do this hourly I don't want to have pneumonia set in. i can't wait to be two weeks post op. I feel really bad, I'll get my butt moving again today. I've had a little gas pass maybe I can get more out today.

@duckydoom & cassiem93 I know the healing part really sucks but it really will be over sooner than you think I'm on day 7 and I feel 85% now but if you would have asked me on Fri I think I would have just cried Hang in there ladies there is light at the end of that tunnel(smile)

Gives me some hope cuz right now I'm about crying saying to myself why the hell did I do this!?!?

I have been drinking only half of my Protein shakes since that's all i've been able to get down but I drink the Atkins Protein Shakes and I don't get gas from them. What kind are you drinking?

I'm drinking the Bariatric Advantage that I got from my doctors office. I haven't gotten any of these Protein drinks in since surgery. I've been eating broths and those eat smart lentil Soups cuz they have a good amount of fiber( to unconstipate you) and Protein (cuz I lack that) and its pretty easy to go down.

Today is day 4 post op, feeling substantially better, not so gassy, just a sore back from sleeping on my danged wedge pillow, and my abs are still tender. I'm finding that I want real foods now, though I'm having problems with taking all of my liquids in - I'm amazed at how full I actually have been feeling. It's good, but my head hunger is trying to force it's way in... argh!

Good luck to all of you with surgeries coming up in the next week - and to those of you who are newly banded - congrats :)

I also made a Facebook page for my wls journey if any body is interested, as well as my youtube channel that I've had going for awhile. May provide some laughs (though it still hurts to laugh at this point, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/user/duckeedoom

http://www.facebook.com/bandnewducky

Gives me some hope cuz right now I'm about crying saying to myself why the hell did I do this!?!?

I hear ya, sister. Today was the first day that I wasn't cursing the day that I'd decided to get my lap band. I'm off the rx painkillers right now, and just taking the occasional swig of children's liquid tylenol. It's still a bit of a struggle getting in my Protein shake and liquids, but only because I'm used to chugging (I'm a fast eater/drinker by habit). So, that's been pretty frustrating. I know we shouldn't be weighing ourselves just yet, but I am (yeah, I know, I'm bad), but it's the scale that's keeping me motivated. I've also been watching quite a few youtube videos and reading the boards for inspiration (thinspiration? I hate that word, but I guess that's what it is). I figure it's only going to get better day by day, and it truly has. I've had a few projects to keep me occupied, but my days are mostly pacing around the back yard with the dogs and napping, to be honest. ;)

I know it sucks right now, but it improves so quickly... and just think of how awesome you're going to look when you get to your goal! Keep your eye on the prize, and it makes it so worth it.

I hear ya' date=' sister. Today was the first day that I wasn't cursing the day that I'd decided to get my lap band. I'm off the rx painkillers right now, and just taking the occasional swig of children's liquid tylenol. It's still a bit of a struggle getting in my Protein shake and liquids, but only because I'm used to chugging (I'm a fast eater/drinker by habit). So, that's been pretty frustrating. I know we shouldn't be weighing ourselves just yet, but I am (yeah, I know, I'm bad), but it's the scale that's keeping me motivated. I've also been watching quite a few youtube videos and reading the boards for inspiration (thinspiration? I hate that word, but I guess that's what it is). I figure it's only going to get better day by day, and it truly has. I've had a few projects to keep me occupied, but my days are mostly pacing around the back yard with the dogs and napping, to be honest. ;)

I know it sucks right now, but it improves so quickly... and just think of how awesome you're going to look when you get to your goal! Keep your eye on the prize, and it makes it so worth it.[/quote']

My days are spent chasing after my daughter, laying down and forcing fluids. Do you have a hard time drinking Water? I've been feeling like I need to slap my chest for the Water to go down a little easier because it hurts going down. Same with burping. Today is day 5 for me and I woke up feeling ok, then I laughed and it went down hill from there. Ive been off the painkillers for almost 2 days and I almost took a swig of it because I have a horrible side pain from laughing. I decided to just lay down and see if it gets any better.

My days are spent chasing after my daughter, laying down and forcing fluids. Do you have a hard time drinking Water? I've been feeling like I need to slap my chest for the Water to go down a little easier because it hurts going down. Same with burping. Today is day 5 for me and I woke up feeling ok, then I laughed and it went down hill from there. Ive been off the painkillers for almost 2 days and I almost took a swig of it because I have a horrible side pain from laughing. I decided to just lay down and see if it gets any better.

I have been burping like a frat boy :unsure: I have had to really work on forcing my fluids, but also monitoring how much I'm taking in at a time so I don't overdo it. I haven't had to slap my chest to get fluids down, but I have had to in order to get some burps out.

I have a little tickle in the back of my throat that seems determined to ruin me - I had my husband go get me some cloraseptic (sp?) spray because every time I cough it just feels like uber torture.

I don't have kids to chase after, but my dogs are definitely taking advantage of the fact that I'm not fully up to par - especially the younger one. He's having fun pushing my buttons and seeing how far he can go. My older one is more cuddly and trying to make sure that I'm okay, lol. Stinkers, I tell ya.

Good afternoon, all. Just wanted to take a moment to apologize for not wishing those who have had surgery this month "Good Wishes." I read everything on my IPhone, but have yet to figure out how to respond using the phone. Not to tecki,lol. At any rate, I'm back to the desktop and wanted you all to know how great it is to hear the updates and to know you all came through to start your new journey toward health. I'm being banded on 8/31 and am a bit apprehensive. The negatives on some of the sites, and all the revisions to the sleeve, really weigh on my mind. However, I'm determined to make the best of my choice and know that I can always go to the more drastic should a problem occur. For those of you who are recently banded, thanks so much for your updates as it takes a lot of the fear away, hearing how you are and what's happening with you. For those of you, like me, who will be banded in the next week...best of luck and prayers are coming your way. Nanu in Dallas