Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

hi good to see some of the storys.good results. i am trying to get the surgery myself but am having a hard time.good someone answer some guestion for me.1- how much in canada? 2-how long are you in the hospital?3-what are fills?

this site is so encouraging. I am so glad to have found it! I am looking foward to talking with others who know where I am coming from. I just had my band on sept. 21. Started at 265. Now at about 250. My goal weight is about 160, so hopefully in time it will make that list.

thanks to everyone for sharing.

My first post here was on 4/6/06, 2 days post op and was a little discouraged that my surgeon did not think I would see any less than 200 lbs at 1 year post-op. Well, I am now 6 months out and have 9 lbs to go before I hit the 100 lb gone club. I have 20 lbs to go until onderland. I am truly committed to my health, my band and proving that when you put your mind to something, you CAN do it!!! Thanks to you all for your inspiration and support.

My first post here was on 4/6/06, 2 days post op and was a little discouraged that my surgeon did not think I would see any less than 200 lbs at 1 year post-op. Well, I am now 6 months out and have 9 lbs to go before I hit the 100 lb gone club. I have 20 lbs to go until onderland. I am truly committed to my health, my band and proving that when you put your mind to something, you CAN do it!!! Thanks to you all for your inspiration and support.

Go Sugar Go! I know just how you feel. My surgeon told me not to expect to get much below 200 with the band period (though he was clear that it was up to me and I could lose more). Anyway, we were banded at about the same time and I'll race you to the Century Club!

Wink,

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Big Teddy, You should go to the Canadian section of this site and you will get some answers from the folks there. Here arethe answers to your initial inquiries

In Canada the procedure costs 15-17 grand

THe surgery is day surgery you go in in the morning and you are hope late in the afternoon

A fill is when more liquid is added via a syringe to the band, this expands the bladder and makes the opening to your stomach smaller reducing your ability to intake food.< /p>

Good luck

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My doc told me the same thing, not to be discouraging, but rather to let me know what the average was and what to expect, realistically. But he DID let me know it was possible to lose as much as I wanted, if I set my mind to it.

My doc also told me once that most people he had who'd lost all their excess weight, lost it in the first year. It really bothers me now that he told me that. I busted my butt the first year and somehow I don't think it's enough. In the back of my mind I feel like it's over for me. But I know it's not. I'm still losing 2 pounds a week. That's what's so great about the band! There's no "magic period" where you have to lose it or you never will. Congrats to everyone on this thread!

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to this experience, so I need lots of info from everyone. I haven't had surgery, but I would like to soon, so I would love suggestions on choosing a doc. There is no one here in Amarillo who does the surgery and either OK City or Dallas are the closest places. I've read some posts on here from some of you that used Dr. Spivak in Houston. Is he really good?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I've hit the 100 pounds lost mark. It took me awhile to lose that last 3 pounds to reach 100. Maybe getting my wisdom teeth out help. I feel like I'm back in the beginning stages of my lapband surgery. Glad to be in the hundreds.