Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

Adding my name to the 100 lb club. Started at 298, now at 198!

Whoot!

I have 38 lbs to goal. Dr and I have setting a goal time frame for Jan 2007. A bit of a stretch, but do-able!

Great Job Giveyouthemoon!!! Keep up the great work...I can't wait to get into Onederland too someday!!:rolleyes: Inching our way towards the 100th member. Way to go bandsters!!!

thanks for all the inspiration... I hope to be right along with you all in '07 (a lucky year, eh?)

I think it would be interesting to add to the weight loss numbers, the day of their surgery so we could see those statistics as well. Awesome job everyone!!! :clap2:

Also...what does it mean for a post to be a sticky?

I'm still 8 lbs away. :confused:

Sticky means that the thread stays at the top of the page, even if another thread is made or modified after it. Normally threads appear in order of creation/posting. You'll notice at the top of several forums there are threads that always stay at the top, and have "Sticky" next to them. They're "stuck" at the top of the list. :)

Oh this IS a good idea, Being banded has given me a life after 40 years of yo-yo dieting. I have lost 136 pounds since 2nd August 2005, am only 6 pounds off my target and am now just inside the normal BMI range for my height. Yesterday I was able to sign up for free gym excercise under the 'presciption for excersise' NHS scheme that we have here. Eventually I will have knee replacements, when I have built up muscles in my legs after years of being inactive. I owe all of this to Dr Bende over in Budapest Hungary, a marvellous man, who gave me this advice,"remember that the band is only a tool and not a cure".

Oh this IS a good idea, Being banded has given me a life after 40 years of yo-yo dieting. I have lost 136 pounds since 2nd August 2005, am only 6 pounds off my target and am now just inside the normal BMI range for my height. Yesterday I was able to sign up for free gym excercise under the 'presciption for excersise' NHS scheme that we have here. Eventually I will have knee replacements, when I have built up muscles in my legs after years of being inactive. I owe all of this to Dr Bende over in Budapest Hungary, a marvellous man, who gave me this advice,"remember that the band is only a tool and not a cure".

ELEEBANA2-We almost have the same bandiversary (mine is August 5th). I am 9 pounds away from my one year goal....WE CAN DO IT!! Congratulations on your incredible weight loss and welcome to the 100 pound club!!!:clap2:

Wheetsin!!! OMG....you are getting so close (so fast). You're remotivating me. I'm always up for a good challenge. I have 9 left until goal and you have 8.....let's race!!!! We'll come up with a prize of some sort (coffee?) Love ya girl!

I thought this would be a great thread to post my question on.

How did you get through the tough beginning? The emotional and coping part of this journey.

I am having a hard time right now coping with not being able to eat all of my comfort foods. I know now i eat so much because i'm upset or not in a good mood.

I was so excited losing 22 pounds in 3 weeks. Now i'm moving slowly moving on to regular foods and i'm having a harder time staying away from the bad foods.

So what keeps you going and when does it get better.

I thought this would be a great thread to post my question on.

How did you get through the tough beginning? The emotional and coping part of this journey.

I am having a hard time right now coping with not being able to eat all of my comfort foods. I know now i eat so much because i'm upset or not in a good mood.

I was so excited losing 22 pounds in 3 weeks. Now i'm moving slowly moving on to regular foods and i'm having a harder time staying away from the bad foods.

So what keeps you going and when does it get better.

Its going to get tougher as you go on, the beginning is easier than the end. Focus on the 22lbs you lost and how many more you want to lose. Eat only what your Dr recommended, stick close to the rules and walk everyday at least 30 minutes everyday. If you can walk more do so.!! Dont touch "White" sugar,rice, Pasta, potatoes and bread only the "Brown" versions (if you just have to) and the weight will drop off. Its not that hard the low carb way will get you there quick. Remember walk as much as possible. I walked so much at work I became the talk of the office, (I really didn't care). I had surgery Feb 2005 and in Dec of 2005 I was 100lbs down . The last 23 or so have been tougher because you get a little big-headed (once you start to look so cute) Smile. You can and will do it dont give up..

thank you d c princess.

I guess i just need someone there who will kick me in the "you know what" when i start doubting if i can do this.

150 lbs in just eight months?? That's unbelievable!! Congratulations on the outstanding job! I should be so lucky