Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did too much too fast and felt horrible for a couple days. Just do liquids until You feel better. And them Soups were great for me. Chew a lot and take your time eating! Good luck!

My surgeon is Wilfred Aguila out of Tampa fl. Google him. His website has a ton of Info. They also have a fb page you can join that posts a lot of good articles. On the website you can also enter your email and get his monthly news letter. He has a book as

Well that addresses why we over eat. It's good too. Makes

A lot of sense.

Ok I just have one more question (for now)

Have I done serious damage by unknowingly and accidentally eating the wrong food (shepherds pie)?

And if so, what the hell do I do??!!!

Feeling slightly panicked right now!!

I don't want to add to your panic, but yes, you could have done serious damage. One of the #1 causes of band slips is failure to follow the post-op eating progression (liquids, purees, soft food, solid food, in that order).

It's irresponsible of your surgeon to put a band in you without giving you (or having a dietitian or nurse give you) detailed eating instructions. If my surgeon had left that part out, I would've been asking about it before we got into the operating room. It's too late now in your case, but I'm posting this for the benefit of pre-ops who might be reading the thread.

Finally, I have to mention that you may not have been able to get through to your surgeon because we're celebrating Independence Day this week here in the US. It's surprising that your surgeon doesn't have an emergency message service; you could try calling the hospital or surgery center where the surgery was done.

Thanks guys- it's 1am here and now I think I can sleep (for now ignoring the last post).

I will do everything right from now on (now that I know!!!)

And lastly- its a normal day here in Australia, so don't think it being Independence Day in the US has anything to do with my surgeon not answering his phone :)

Thanks again everyone, I'll go see my GP to check if the band has slipped and will start the clear Fluid progression tomorrow. This has been an emotional 4 hours, but I'm finally calm (again ignoring the last post).

You have no idea how much you all have helped me this evening. I'm not going anywhere else- you guys are my new support.

Xx

Emma

And lastly- its a normal day here in Australia, so don't think it being Independence Day in the US has anything to do with my surgeon not answering his phone :)

LOL! I thought you meant Perth in the state of Washington (WA)!

Odds are your band is irritated and slightly swolllen. Irs going to suck but go to liquids!

Your surgeon should have gave you instructions and id be concerned with the fact that yoh have questions and cant get ahold of anyone at the office.

I was on liquids for two weeks then runny mushy soft foods for 4 weeks. I was to scared to try solids even then my dad had to force me to try it.

Everyone doc seems to be different. because i was told liquids 1 week post op 1week soft foods 2 weeks semi solids then solid foods, so i say do what your doctor tells u cause we all know all doctors tells us different...good luck

I was banded June 28, 2012 I feel misreable at times! I have been on liquids since June 25, 2012 =( Its gotten easier. Thus far I have lost 16lbs post op everyday I weight myself and record my progess it makes it all worth it! Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT! =)

Everyone gave you great advice. Stick to the clear and full liquids. I remember being very hungry and not very happy but I stuck to the liquids while healing. It is important. I am sure that you are fine but follow up with your doc as soon as possible.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Hi again,

Thanks for all your help. I still can't get a hold of my surgeon so I went to the GP who said that it is very unlikely the band has slipped as I would have noticed the difference.

2 of my incisions are infected, and I have a massive bruise on my left wrist (and no the IV wasn't there) that has been steadily getting worse everyday- anyone else get this or know what it is? It's been 8 days since surgery. I'm on antibiotics for the incisions.

Also this morning after Breakfast my mouth filled with saliva and I was gagging but couldn't throw up anything. Is this normal?

Thanks again everyone x

Emma

post-204767-13813134197697_thumb.gif

post-339660-13813140150675_thumb.jpg

Also this morning after breakfast my mouth filled with saliva and I was gagging but couldn't throw up anything. Is this normal?

This happens if you are not following the band rules i.e eating slowly, chewing well,waiting between bites etc

I am still concerned that you are eating ahead of your schedule. At 8 days out you should be on liquids so you should not have this problem.

The bruise on your wrist could be from where they held you when they moved you on and off the bed.

I am shocked that your surgeon did not give you any info presurgery. This is not the norm and if it is true then it is very irresponsible. I think you should double check all your paperwork , maybe it is hidden in with the other stuff that they would have given you prior to surgery.

Have you been online and searched for a WA support group? There are bound to be others there that have bands and it would be good for you to meet other people, I know that was one of the things that helped me most initially. There is/was an OZ band site. If you do a google search you should come up with something.

I think the main thing ATM is to stop trying to eat - you need to go back to liquids. At 14 days out then you can generally start adding mushy foods such as avo, mashed veg, tuna etc but for now stick to things you can drink.

I really think all doctors are different a d u should call yours about your post op diet because day 1 and 2 were Clear Liquids only for me then two days of mushy the I could introduce other foods. They told me that a month or weeks of liquids was not necessary and to just chew my foods up well. All are different!

Great advice so far. I was on clear liquids PLUS Protein Shakes for 7 days, full liquids plus Protein shakes week 2, Week 3 smooth mushies like cottage/ricotta cheese, Week 4 fuller mushies- canned tuna/chicken. For veggies I ate smooth tomato/sweet red pepper Soup. I could have sugar/fat free pudding (not sure what it's called in Australia. Like custard but no eggs.) starting week 3.

Can you try scrambled eggs? Stick with super soft goods for now as you're still healing. Also, cottage cheese is good. Can you email your doc if you can't get him on the phone?

I would not recommend scrambled eggs. Lots of people have trouble with them.