Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day 7 and walked into my office full of food. Two people are celebrating their birthday and several girls brought food for the whole office. Can we say torcher. Sitting right next to my office door. I asked if they would move the food somewhere else and was told no suck it up. My mouth hit the floor by this point and I lost it. My mouth went full speed ahead. Am I wrong for feeling this way. I think that was very rude knowing this is a struggle for me as it is when I am not around it, so please imagine how it makes me feel to be around food! Help having a break down right now.

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to get used to not eating things, even if they are right in front of you. It sucks, but it is better in the long run, if you cultivate that skill now.

It's hard for me at times too, especially since I have such a large family (Husband + 4 kids). They're eating things all the time that I would love to have but I have developed some will power to "just say no". Think about how great you will look and feel in the end, that's true motivation!

This is when you get to exercise your will power. You don't need that food! So high calorie, high carb....think of how hard your coworkers will have to exercise to not gain weight from eating that garbage! But, if you stick to your healthy meal, you'll be golden.

That's what I tell myself daily....the clinic I share office space with has been having fully catered meals all last week and all this week. pizza, Pasta, sandwiches....and I just think of how it would REALLY suck to blow my healthy eating plan by giving into a stupid craving.

Side note though - you can't expect anyone to change their habits just because you have. My husband has tweaked his eating habits in support of me, but I would have never asked him to. He's not the one with a weight problem, I am. He didn't feed me food the past 8 years, I did it myself. I take full accountability so therefore I take full control now. Be strong!!

Thanks. I don't expect people to stop eating. But how I was not expecting that this morning.

People are not going to make exceptions or change, especially at work. You will have to put up the good fight and use your 'will power'. Yes, it is incensative when you asked nicely to have the food removed 'knowingly' what your situation is and still went against your wishes. Of course that wasn't right. Again, people don't like changes or having to make exceptions, as said before...

You can do it, show them how 'strong' you really are....

Thanks Patty

Cander, you are welcome sweety. Now, if they dare to bring the food to you. Thats another story.... <duck> if ya know what I mean, LOLOLOL