Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had lap-band surgery in Aug of 2009 and lost over 120 lbs now for some reason, eating the same foods I did to lose weight, keeping a daily log, still religiously dieting and eating small amounts, I started to gain my weight back in Oct 2011 and since then I have put 50 lbs back on..I don't think I need another fill, I have a problem if I am filled to much all I do is vomit EVERYTHING back up, even Water. I got to the point when I was tight that I started losing my hair from lack of nutrition. My Doctor thought from the pain I was having in the pit of my stomach that I had a Gall bladder problem, turns out it stopped working, it was removed, they thought that would solve the weight gain problem, NOPE!! then they sent me for blood work, my thyroid was to slow (been on thyroid meds for YEARS) so they upped my dosage, still gaining..I am so depressed from this, I worked so hard to get the weight off, I was almost at goal and now I am back to my big clothes and at such a loss on what the problem is..I am asking my Lap-band Doc to look over my blood work again and see if there is something they missed..I had my Band reattached about a year ago because it slipped, Doc said he looked at it when I had the Gall bladder surgery and it seemed to be fine..HELP!!!!! PLEASE...I would be so willing to take full responsibility for the weight gain, if I had been pigging out and eating all the wrong things, but even my friends and family can't figure out how I even survive on what I eat..I know its not me. Thank you for any help anyone can give

No right now I am comfortably tight but not to the point of vomiting..I eat anywhere from 1000 to 1200 a day..I try not to go over 1200..some days its hard to even get in the 1000, but I make sure I just eat a lot of small portions all day and not try to eat 3 meals a day..

Wow I am at a total loss. I have no idea how someone could be gaining on only 1000-1200 calories a day.

And they're positive the thyroid isn't doing it? Have you been checked for diabetes? What about your adrenal gland, has that been checked? And your hormone levels?

I hope someone comes along with an idea. I'd almost go see another doctor and get full physical, just to get a second opinion and make sure you don't have something wrong with your health,

Thats just nuts...

Hope they figure it out soon.

You dont mention any exercise .. are u doing any ? maybe your metabolism has slowed down and u need to give it a kick start, sometimes just eating low calories isnt enough .. i have to exercise 7 days a week and i am in maintenace now, i will keep the exercise up as i am determined to remain fit and healthy and not put any weight back ..some days p-riot to my surgery to remove my excess skin i was cycling 25 miles a day, now i am starting to build up again post -op and am currently on 10 miles a day ...

Thank you for your response.My Lap-band DR sent me to my primary for a complete blood work-up and My primary only found that my Thyroid meds needed to be, So I asked the Lap-band Dr if he could please take another look at the blood work and see if he see's anything else that could be a problem. I am not on any Hormone meds, but I am Menopausal , Just hate to take anything like that because of the Cancer risk.Not sure if they checked=

that Adrenal Gland or not. I know I have one of the best Lap-Band Dr's In Tucson and he is wonderful about not giving up, I HOPE LOL..

Cassy, I got a treadmill for My B'day and I am on it every day and sometimes more than once a day..I know I Have a very slow metabolism, and I have to be active..I do have Spinal Stinosis and some times My Back doesn't allow me to do as much as I like, but on those days, I just walk a little slower on the Treadmill.

TY again and I wish you all the best. God Bless P.S. I will keep you all up to date on any new findings ;)

i have worn discs in my back and still even now have trouble standing for long periods, which is why i got an exercise bike, sitting down and exercising might not burn as many calories but u can keep going a lot longer if u have back trouble, also sit down and get yourself some dumbells, its amazing how mush strength traianing can burn the clories too, it also helps to keep your metabolism ticking over, and it wont strain your back at all ..

Am glad to hear u got a nice new treadmill, and omg watch those hormones.. i had an awful time weight wise in the menopause so it could just be that :) keep going something will change eventually :)

If you take in 1000-1200 calories a day, some days not that much. One of my first thoughts along with the Thyroid is that you might not be taking in enough calories and your body might be in some sort of a shutdown mode. Starvation type where it is holding onto what it thinks it needs.

I had that happen to me years ago when I was on a hospital monitored liquid diet and it was around 800-900calories a day, and my body just shut down. Funny thing when my parents pulled me off it, and I started to eat again the weight just poured off me, it was really crazy!

What is your food diary for the last few days?

Wow Denise- you are me. I was banded in August 2009. My highest weight was 405 and got down to 271. I've had three fills then unfills in the past year and have gained back 50 pounds. I switched doctors and got a new fill Thursday. Since I am not used to being banded, I have thrown up almost everything (more my fault then the band) and just threw up brown stomach acid (hope that's what it is). I know WE can DO IT. It's harder than many people think.

Laurie

Wishing you well.

Pandora, I was thinking that maybe it was not enough Calories causing the problem, but as soon as I tried to increase my weight up even more and faster..

Happy To hear things are better for you now..

Keep up the good work ;)

LAURIE, WE will succeed and be thrilled at what we have done ;):D I am going to make an appointment to get back for a fill and see if there is anything else they can check to see if there is more to this problem. I also would throw up bile (yucky Stomach acid) and it is disgusting..But, most of the time it can be preventable, we just have to remember (especially right after a fill) to eat SMALL amt and chew like there is no tomorrow and I know my biggest mistake is to eat or drink anything after 8:00 pm, it just comes back up when I sleep..

You keep up the fight and I know in the end we will be bikini models LMBO..ONLY after they lift and remove most of what fell LOL...Not sure anyone wants to look at a 61 yr old bikini model or for that matter a 61 yr old in a bathing suit :P:wacko::lol: