Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Bayougirlmrsc and bandedgorJess,

Being judgemental much? Please don't judge me without knowing my history. Both my husband (full-time) and I work (part-time). However, we are raising our grandchild (who has developmental and behavioal problems); therefore, one of us has to be available for her at all times. In addition, my husband has worked for 45 years and I have worked for over 25 years. Thus, we have paid into the system. At this time, my husband is working for someone who does not provide us with insurance. We have gone for 12 years without insurance and have paid our own way. (We can not afford self-provided insurance due to pre-existing health conditions). Like you, Bayougirlmrsc, I went to school full-time (graduated Summa Cum Laude, top honors), worked 2 part-time jobs, raised a child with bipolar disorder, began raising a baby, and paid taxes during this 12 year period. And yes, I have looked and am looking for employment in my field without success. Also, I am going to return to school in the spring to continue to further my education. During this time, both my husband and I will continue to work. I am very grateful to have this oppurtunity to be insured and will not waste or abuse it. If necessary, I will work out a payment plan to have to surgery. It is medically necessary for me to have this surgery. Finally, I thought this formum was a supportive one. Your responses were not supportive and were cruel. For everyone else, thanks for the support.

Cassandra

Yes i am being judgmental.

Ok, so i have a few questions for you. You have Medicaid.... this has been established. I'm sure your grand daughter has it too... is this correct. You live in the state of Texas. You husband has worked for 45 years so i'm assuming he's around 65 or so. But he still works a full time job. I agree he has put in his time. You said you worked for over 25 years, so i'm assuming your around 45, but i'm not taking into account that you have been in school for the past 12 years, so you may be older.... What, may i ask did you get your degree in? And 12 years of collage? And you need to go back? This is were i'm confused...... According to TX medicaid.... a family of three can have a max income of $2944.00 Your saying that with your husband working full time and you part time... you don't make over this amount? So your husband who is at least 65 is working for minimum wage? $7.25/hour Because this is the only way you would qualify. $7.25 at 40 hours per week x 52 weeks is $15080. per year. And if Tx is like La. they look at your before taxes income... not after. Are he's getting paid cash so you don't have to claim that income and that's why no insurance...... And if you are working part time and he's working full time, how is some one available to watch a 3 y/o 24/7? And so with 12 years of collage under your belt, you can't find a job that provides insurance? And now your going back to collage, how can you afford to go back to collage and not be able to afford insurance? Oh and lets not forget that if Medicaid doesn't pay, you will work our a payment plan.... and pay for housing, food, utilities, gas, and everything else ... making $7.25 per hour.

This is how i see it... and i could be wrong.... i see that you applied for benifets because you are taking care of your grandchild and are not claiming that you live with your husband so you don't have to report his income... there for you also quilify for food stamps and you get free child care and are getting to go to collage for free too.... How close am i? Are you are claiming your husband, but not his income.... maybe because he's paid cash and you don't have too? No matter how you look at this, there is no way you are getting benefits with out bending the truth a little......You see my sister in law works for these programs with the government. If i wanted to, i could do the same thing... apply on my own that my husband and i are "separated" and get medicaid, food stamps and go back to school for free. But it's not who i am....

Sam, this government is not set up for the truth and if you didn't qualify for the benefits ..... you told the truth... and this is why you were turned down...

@bayougirlmrsc....clearly you have an awful lot of time on your hands. Who died and made you God? Wait, God would never work at Hobby Lobby LMAO

Yes i am being judgmental.

Ok, so i have a few questions for you. You have Medicaid.... this has been established. I'm sure your grand daughter has it too... is this correct. You live in the state of Texas. You husband has worked for 45 years so i'm assuming he's around 65 or so. But he still works a full time job. I agree he has put in his time. You said you worked for over 25 years, so i'm assuming your around 45, but i'm not taking into account that you have been in school for the past 12 years, so you may be older.... What, may i ask did you get your degree in? And 12 years of collage? And you need to go back? This is were i'm confused...... According to TX medicaid.... a family of three can have a max income of $2944.00 Your saying that with your husband working full time and you part time... you don't make over this amount? So your husband who is at least 65 is working for minimum wage? $7.25/hour Because this is the only way you would qualify. $7.25 at 40 hours per week x 52 weeks is $15080. per year. And if Tx is like La. they look at your before taxes income... not after. Are he's getting paid cash so you don't have to claim that income and that's why no insurance...... And if you are working part time and he's working full time, how is some one available to watch a 3 y/o 24/7? And so with 12 years of collage under your belt, you can't find a job that provides insurance? And now your going back to collage, how can you afford to go back to collage and not be able to afford insurance? Oh and lets not forget that if Medicaid doesn't pay, you will work our a payment plan.... and pay for housing, food, utilities, gas, and everything else ... making $7.25 per hour.

This is how i see it... and i could be wrong.... i see that you applied for benifets because you are taking care of your grandchild and are not claiming that you live with your husband so you don't have to report his income... there for you also quilify for food stamps and you get free child care and are getting to go to collage for free too.... How close am i? Are you are claiming your husband, but not his income.... maybe because he's paid cash and you don't have too? No matter how you look at this, there is no way you are getting benefits with out bending the truth a little......You see my sister in law works for these programs with the government. If i wanted to, i could do the same thing... apply on my own that my husband and i are "separated" and get medicaid, food stamps and go back to school for free. But it's not who i am....

Sam, this government is not set up for the truth and if you didn't qualify for the benefits ..... you told the truth... and this is why you were turned down...

Hello. I apologize if I am acting superior which waso my intent. To answer some of your questions (not all): We have experienced very difficult times when my husband's company (high paying) down sized and eliminated his whole division. During this time, we had to use his retirement (not the best choice; but, the only one) to pay off our debt, autos, etc. When he found a job, it did not pay as much; but, it allowed him to earn a living. We live in a very rural area where jobs that pay good salaries are very hard to come by. So, yes, we fall below the $2944.00 limit.

As for college, we did not get Food stamps or medicaid during this time. We worked to pay for most of my college expenses. In addition, my grades helped me to earn scholarships (which are considered taxable income). If I go back to school, I will find a way to pay for it as I did in undergrad school (working, work study, and maybe scholarships).

Also, at this stage in life, we did not plan on raising another child. However, we saw it as our responsibility to do so. We love our grandchild dearly and did not want her to get lost in the CPS system. While I finished college, my GD's godmother, great grandparents, and aunt helped with her childcare. We are blessed to have a great family/friend support system. We also pay/paid cash for her childcare when necessary. In addition, during the school year, I work for a childcare program where I can take her with me (this is a true blessing).

Although our choices don't always seem like the best financial ones, they have been the best ones for our family. In addition, we are not big spenders which helps a lot.

I hope these answers satisified your questions. Can we now move on? Thanks.

Do not complain and belittle the citizens who use the government programs... Complain to your senators, congressmen etc -and vote in the presidential election, make your voice heard nationally. This simply isn't the place for politics!

@bayougirlmrsc....clearly you have an awful lot of time on your hands. Who died and made you God? Wait, God would never work at Hobby Lobby LMAO

Was that meant to be funny.....oh... hehe :mellow: How do you know God never worked there? God my dear is everywhere... he is in all of us..... so by default... i guess is did work there.

A lot of time on my hands.... I wish... But, i can do what ever i want on my lunch and or break. I have two jobs and i craft a lot making bows and dresses for my grand daughter. I also, make extra for kids in my Sunday school class. Because i enjoy it.... and i think every little girl should always be dressed and have bows in there hair... but that's just me. For this reason and a few others i worked there... they give a great employee discount and off on Sundays for worship. Let me tell you ... fabric and ribbon are not cheep....

Dolly,

You did answer my questions. Sorry about your financial troubles. And we would do the same if we had to raise our grand-kids... we would. I hope your troubles turn around and that you can get back on your feet soon.

My issues are not with people who use the system for their betterment..... it's the ones that uses it and nerve stop and continue to use and abuse the system..... that's what gets me. Not people that have worked and paid there dues so to speak and fall on hard time and needs help.

I guess because in my crazy mind, people should get up every day and go to work and make money to support or help support their family. I can't understand why people don't... i guess it's because my dad always worked my mom worked (even thought she's illiterate) we never got assistance ever... I just can't fathom that way of thinking and being dependent on the government for my needs...

In case you can't tell.... this is a hot topic for me.... and people that smoke and drink while pregnant...

Ok, we can move on now.....

Do not complain and belittle the citizens who use the government programs... Complain to your senators, congressmen etc -and vote in the presidential election, make your voice heard nationally. This simply isn't the place for politics!

trust in knowing, i do complain to my government and i take my vote very very serious. And i really don't think i belittled anyone. If i didn't I apologize....

Ok. How do you go about getting medcaid? I'm in Louisiana. Plz help!

I was told that Louisiana Medicaid was not cover for baritric surgery was not cover

For Bayougirlmrsc and bandedgorJess' date='

Being judgemental much? Please don't judge me without knowing my history. Both my husband (full-time) and I work (part-time). However, we are raising our grandchild (who has developmental and behavioal problems); therefore, one of us has to be available for her at all times. In addition, my husband has worked for 45 years and I have worked for over 25 years. Thus, we have paid into the system. At this time, my husband is working for someone who does not provide us with insurance. We have gone for 12 years without insurance and have paid our own way. (We can not afford self-provided insurance due to pre-existing health conditions). Like you, Bayougirlmrsc, I went to school full-time (graduated Summa Cum Laude, top honors), worked 2 part-time jobs, raised a child with bipolar disorder, began raising a baby, and paid taxes during this 12 year period. And yes, I have looked and am looking for employment in my field without success. Also, I am going to return to school in the spring to continue to further my education. During this time, both my husband and I will continue to work. I am very grateful to have this oppurtunity to be insured and will not waste or abuse it. If necessary, I will work out a payment plan to have to surgery. It is medically necessary for me to have this surgery. Finally, I thought this formum was a supportive one. Your responses were not supportive and were cruel. For everyone else, thanks for the support.

Cassandra[/quote']

I know! I've been seeing a lot of negative stuff thoughts lately. :( I wish it would stop! I hate when people judge others, even for grammar. God bless everyone no matter what. <3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk