Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 Of My Two Weeks Of Liquid Pre-Op Diet... Having A Hard Time! Help!

have you had to do a 2 week liquid diet pre-op? How did you survive? I'm having such a hard time with it! :( I'm being faithful to it... but just really want to eat!! :(

Sylvia

Its hard, no doubt. My doctor only required me to do the Sugar Buster's diet. I had a five day liquid diet after surgery, a week of creamy, and a week of mushy. I don't know why doctor's are so different. I know the purpose of the Sugar Buster's diet (2 weeks) is to shrink your liver.

I know that Protein makes all the difference in the world. (I'm going to change my name to Ms. Protein because I preach about it all the time) What kind of liquids are on your diet? Can you have creamy Soups? Maybe a puree'd sweet potato with lots of low fat milk, splenda and cinnamon?

It will be worth it, this I know for sure.

Mine is going to be semi liquid. 2 meals of Protein Shakes and one regular, healthy meal. For 2 weeks...

I'm on day 9 of a Liquid Protein diet. It is torture but for me, day 3 wasn't too bad, day four was awful but from day five on, I'm just not that hungry now. These shake are nauseating because I don't like them. My surgery is on Friday and I don't feel like it's real yet.

I am only on day 2 of Optifast diet. I am finding it very hard, but I want this surgery so I will do what I have to.

ok.. its hard!!! but think of it as a step u r taking to a new life, once this passes u will look back n think it was all worth it.. try to ocupy ur day with a lot of things so u dont think abt meals or food... good luck,,, n this will all pay off trust me ;)

Hi- My surgery is on Monday. I am on day 11 of the liquid phase of the diet drinking Optifast 6 time per day. I only a, down 4 pounds and feeling said b/c others have taken 10-15 pounds off per my doctor's nurse said.

Has anyone else not taken off so much weight during the 14 day liquid presurgery part?

I'm on day 9 of a liquid Protein diet. It is torture but for me, day 3 wasn't too bad, day four was awful but from day five on, I'm just not that hungry now. These shake are nauseating because I don't like them. My surgery is on Friday and I don't feel like it's real yet.

Electronicart… I can only do broth, shakes, sugar free Jello, sugarfree popcicles, crystal light. For me I think I’m not really that hungry but like mentally, I’m like, “I need real food.” Sigh. But its getting a little better, I’m trying to distract myself…

Ledavis… I had to do that for 1 week before doing all liquid.

PatchIP… thanks for the heads up and encouragement! I don’t mind the shakes, thankfully. What type are you drinking? The Atkins ones are good. I’m going on day 4… and I’m hoping that’s the hump day! Best wishes for Friday!!!

Judith67… good luck! Its true… we have to do what we have to do! Whens your surgery?

Mila86… thanks so much for the encouragement and kick in the rear! Haha! You’re right! I need to just think about what I’m doing for myself and think of the end product!! I know it’ll be worth it afterward!

Makopp… I’ve lost one pound so far in the 3 days I’ve been on it. Not sure what to expect. I was told I’d lose quite a bit during this time.

I was lucky because I was cash pay and wanted to get things done quick so they scheduled all my appointments for te same day, I went on liquids, and 4 days later I was in surgery. So I had 4 days on liquids before surgery. It was hard but I just kept thinking about the prize! I lost 11 lbs in those 4 days. It was a great ego boost to get me on track for my journey. Good luck with your journey. I know you will enjoy the prize.

wow! that WAS fast! what have been your results?? thanks so much for the encouragement! i will try to keep the end in mind!

I'm on day 9 of a liquid Protein diet. It is torture but for me' date=' day 3 wasn't too bad, day four was awful but from day five on, I'm just not that hungry now. These shake are nauseating because I don't like them. My surgery is on Friday and I don't feel like it's real yet.[/quote']

Im on day 5 now and I just have to say that you were right on!! 1-3 were bad but day 4 (yesterday) was horrible! I was grumpy and crying by te end of the day! Sillyyy! Today, however, I'm feeling sooo much better! Had a great day!

I'm glad you're feeling better. My band was placed yesterday and I'm in a great deal of pain. I'm already eating yogurt because the pain meds were causing nausea/dry heaves due to having an empty stomach. Now I can manage the pain much better since I'm not getting sick each time I take a pain killer.