Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Get To Your Goal Weight, How Do You Plan To Reward Your Self??

Motivated...just curious as to why you want to get the band removed once at goal? I have had people ask me if I was going to get the band removed now and I couldnt imagine not having it plus the fear of gaining the weight back would haunt me.

Motivated...just curious as to why you want to get the band removed once at goal? I have had people ask me if I was going to get the band removed now and I couldnt imagine not having it plus the fear of gaining the weight back would haunt me.

I'm 19 and I've just been banded on 07/20. My weight before surgery was 338, smh. I don't want this foreign object in me for life. It's a tool I want to use to help me loose enough weight until I feel I can comfortably take over. I turn 20 on 09/03 and I'm hoping by my 21st I'll be down to 230 max I know it's a big goal but I want it removed before my bday. I've read that the most weight lost is generally between the first 6-12 months so that's the time I plan to work with the band. Prayerfully by this time next year I'll be healthy unbanded healing and planning for my big day:)

I'm 19 and I've just been banded on 07/20. My weight before surgery was 338, smh. I don't want this foreign object in me for life. It's a tool I want to use to help me loose enough weight until I feel I can comfortably take over. I turn 20 on 09/03 and I'm hoping by my 21st I'll be down to 230 max I know it's a big goal but I want it removed before my bday. I've read that the most weight lost is generally between the first 6-12 months so that's the time I plan to work with the band. Prayerfully by this time next year I'll be healthy unbanded healing and planning for my big day:)

If I make it to 130 (ultimate goal), I'm gonna get plastic surgery to fix all the sagging bits. If I don't make it to 130...... But I still manage to lose a decent amount...... I'm just going to take myself shopping for some new cloths. However, I am finding that I will probably end up doing that all along the way! I have already had to get a few new shirts and can see that pants will be next. Maybe I will have to come up with a better reward than shopping...... ;-P

I've never really put a lot of thought into it.. Half jokingly, I told hubby that I want to get a Tummy Tuck but I really don't know what my "big" reward will be. I don't like setting goals b/c I'm afraid of failing so I maybe I'm self-conciously afraid of setting a reward b/c I'm afraid of being disappointed??

There's a lady that is an excellent photographer in the town I just moved from. She has a specialized photography called Boudoir Pictures. When I get to goal I want to have tasteful but sexy pictures taken and put in this really pretty album for my fiance..who will actually be my husband by then. As soon as the wedding is taken care of in October, we are putting away savings for me to get Tummy Tuck, breast lift, arm lift etc so that I can seriously rock these pictures!