Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Else Scheduled For August?

I am scheduled for August 6th. I am going July 9th for my nutrition class, then I start the preop July 22nd. This seems like a lifetime away!! Hopefully your next apt will go great and your surgery date will not have to change!

That is awesome I'm hoping any date before 26 July or after Aug 4th

No August buddies yet?

just made my last appt with my surgeon it's not unitl 19JUL then we submit for insurance approval sounds like I will join you in August and my Son shares the same birthday as you do Maybe mushies will include...cake and ice cream(smile...Ha Ha)

I am scheduled for August 28th ! I've been trying to find a surgery-buddy myself. I'm a nurse, wife, mother of 2 boys(grown), and also have sleep apnea. I only have to wear a nasal cannula, no bi-pap or c-pap. Sometimes a little oxygen is all you need, you might have a nocturnal pulse ox checked with just a cannula (tubing in the nares of your nose), much more comfortable than bi-pap/c-pap. But also I've heard that those that use the "paps", say that you feel so much better that it is worth it. Keep us notified about how you're doing please...

I just went to my last appointment today! Lucky for me, my sleep apnea is mild and when I called the pulmonologist to tell him that the cpap machine was a little expensive, he told me to just "screw it!" (yes, his exact words!). So, he wrote a letter to my surgeon stating I am cleared for surgery and that my sleep apnea was mild. Whoo hoo!

Hey august banders! I can't wait to get started. I've got everything lined up for August 28th could've probably pulled it off the 2nd week of august but my husband's going to Sturgis SouthDakota and wouldn't be home if something were to go wrong. I'm going to mexico, had a good checkup, ekg,thyroid, x-rays from my primary physician and some other stuff, and I'm ready to go. Can't figure out how to start a Ticker. can anyone explain it to me? Thanks...

okay... I figured it out. It's a trick to get around this site... I'm getting better at it . I started a Ticker for my wt. I picked the footprints, it reminds me of that poem about there only being one set of footprints in the sand (that's when God carried me) I'm gonna need to be carried some! The airplane is how I'm getting to the destination that has the people that I'm entrusting with my care during this procedure. Oh yea, I looked up the type of plane (a 320A jet) that's taking me from Ky. to Chicago on the 27th of August and guess what I saw? That jet that landed in the Water in New York a while back!! OMG! I'm not afraid just thought it was odd. I picked seat 13a on that flight (My lucky number) because it's in the back of the plane. Less impact... haha

okay... I figured it out. It's a trick to get around this site... I'm getting better at it . I started a Ticker for my wt. I picked the footprints, it reminds me of that poem about there only being one set of footprints in the sand (that's when God carried me) I'm gonna need to be carried some! The airplane is how I'm getting to the destination that has the people that I'm entrusting with my care during this procedure. Oh yea, I looked up the type of plane (a 320A jet) that's taking me from Ky. to Chicago on the 27th of August and guess what I saw? That jet that landed in the Water in New York a while back!! OMG! I'm not afraid just thought it was odd. I picked seat 13a on that flight (My lucky number) because it's in the back of the plane. Less impact... haha

I take it that you aren't fond of flying me niether but what a great adventure when you step back on the plane you will a be a new person equipped with what you need to let the world see this new person I wish you luck and great success

I'm July 13 and can't wait. I only have 1 psych appt and 1 nutritionist visit. I have lost about 20kgs on my own so surgeon thinks I'll do well with the band. I only have 1 week Optifast before surgery as I've already been dieting and not eating much bad food. I'm so super excited and just wish it would come. I'm taking 10 days off work.

I am scheduled to have my band on August 23rd, seems so far away!

we're getting quite a few August banders on here YAY!

I'm July 13 and can't wait. I only have 1 psych appt and 1 nutritionist visit. I have lost about 20kgs on my own so surgeon thinks I'll do well with the band. I only have 1 week Optifast before surgery as I've already been dieting and not eating much bad food. I'm so super excited and just wish it would come. I'm taking 10 days off work.

I'm doing two weeks Optifast and start July 18th. My birthday is August 17th and my Dr. usuallly puts his patients out of work for two weeks so I'm going to extend my time off a little, I will be off August 1st - 20th. :D

Hopefully on Jul 10 when I see my doctor, he will give me a date in August. I'm looking foward to this day. Since 2 weeks ago, I've been on 2 Protein shakes, Breakfast and lunch, then a small dinner salad at dinner. I need to pick up some more exercise. I'm walking on treadmill every other day.

UPDATE: I'm pre-approved by Anthem BCBS as of JUl 26.

BAND DAY is Aug 6.

Edited by Rojasanoll

I just started a group for August 2012 banders. all of you please joing and share your experiences with us.... I'm very new to this so we'll all learn together...slojo67

Just got the email from my surgeon's office...INSURANCE APPROVED!! :D