Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1600-2000 Calories And I Still Lost Weight

i agree benty lol. do you think the book is a good guide ??

Finished 4 Hour Body last week. It definitely isn't for everyone. I'm not sure it is for me either, but it offers such a unique perspective on a number of topics. food for thought, and totally worth checking out, if nothing else.

Finished 4 Hour Body last week. It definitely isn't for everyone. I'm not sure it is for me either, but it offers such a unique perspective on a number of topics. food for thought, and totally worth checking out, if nothing else.

ive had a lot of books to read though and i havent started it yet. I wasnt shure that my body would still continue to lose weight so i bought the book for some strategies. I am losing though which is a great news. im going to read the book and take some notes anyway..

I was talking to someone about " calorie confusion" the same concept as muscle confusion.so they say if u do the same exercises everyday ur muscles stall and stop burning fat or building.they say it's the same with food.if u eat 1200 cal every day ur body will adjust and stop losing but if u " confuse" ur brain a little and up the calories a couple of days then lower them back down ur body never adjusts and u will continue to lose.Now I have no idea if there is any truth to this but it could explain ur situation.

I was talking to someone about " calorie confusion" the same concept as muscle confusion.so they say if u do the same exercises everyday ur muscles stall and stop burning fat or building.they say it's the same with food.if u eat 1200 cal every day ur body will adjust and stop losing but if u " confuse" ur brain a little and up the calories a couple of days then lower them back down ur body never adjusts and u will continue to lose.Now I have no idea if there is any truth to this but it could explain ur situation.

this is exactly what ive been doing all along the last three months. Ive lost over 30 pounds in that time. i must say, im eating just about anything i want to... including a small amount of chocolate some days. a couple of nights a week i will have a cone icecream. apart from that i chop and change my meals around a lot. i just dont stress about it and its working really well. i think im varying between 1000 calories and about 1400 a day. the odd day i may not have 1000.

this is exactly what ive been doing all along the last three months. Ive lost over 30 pounds in that time. i must say, im eating just about anything i want to... including a small amount of chocolate some days. a couple of nights a week i will have a cone icecream. apart from that i chop and change my meals around a lot. i just dont stress about it and its working really well. i think im varying between 1000 calories and about 1400 a day. the odd day i may not have 1000.

...just adding to this. im not doing any exercise... apart from a normal day around the home doing chores.

...just adding to this. im not doing any exercise... apart from a normal day around the home doing chores.

if u eat 1200 cal every day ur body will adjust and stop losing but if u " confuse" ur brain a little and up the calories a couple of days then lower them back down ur body never adjusts and u will continue to lose.

apart from that i chop and change my meals around a lot. i just dont stress about it and its working really well.

Absolutely, you guys! It isn't an exact science, but...frankly, that's why it works. Your body doesn't know what to expect, so it is 'at the ready'.

And mainly, so long as you are -- on average over time -- taking in less than your body burns for fuel, you'll get there.

Hey, whatever works! :D

Bret, Brad, bread, Bert -- whatever. I've been called a lot worse, too. ;)

yep.. ive had my moments too....lol.

Absolutely' date=' you guys! It isn't an exact science, but...frankly, that's why it works. Your body doesn't know what to expect, so it is 'at the ready'.

And mainly, so long as you are -- on average over time -- taking in less than your body burns for fuel, you'll get there.

Hey, whatever works! :D[/quote']

Yes I noticed that,that it's about how I eat.not really intentionally it's just how it works out that everyonce in a while ill have a 1600 calorie day.most days are 1200-1400 then ill have the occasional 800-900 cal day. I am losing consistently Also with little exercise.I wouldn't recommend people to do it but it has worked for me so far.if it stops I'll switch it up.But I have had one fill and yesterday refused a fill for the 2nd time.My dr is impressed with the consistent weight loss and wants me to share my story at one of his orientations.

Yes I noticed that,that it's about how I eat.not really intentionally it's just how it works out that everyonce in a while ill have a 1600 calorie day.most days are 1200-1400 then ill have the occasional 800-900 cal day. I am losing consistently Also with little exercise.I wouldn't recommend people to do it but it has worked for me so far.if it stops I'll switch it up.But I have had one fill and yesterday refused a fill for the 2nd time.My dr is impressed with the consistent weight loss and wants me to share my story at one of his orientations.

thats great .. i hope you do get to share with others on how you are managing it all. My dr is impressed as well with my loss but he didnt go into specifics about my diet. He is just happy that its ongoing weight loss i think.

To be honest i couldnt manage if i had to make gyms and lots of exercise a part of my life. its not the way ive always been. im too old to change now anyway, lol, so im blessed that my life style the way it is is compatible with the band and weight loss. Im grateful for that.

To be honest i couldnt manage if i had to make gyms and lots of exercise a part of my life. its not the way ive always been. im too old to change now anyway, lol, so im blessed that my life style the way it is is compatible with the band and weight loss. Im grateful for that.

I have found that regular exercise gives me more energy and I sleep better, but I made a deal with myself: I won't add anything to my routine that I am not willing to sustain over time.

That is to say, no weightlifting or non-recreational exercise. I want to keep it fun and short enough that I will be able to keep doing it, rather than just busting my butt to reach my goal and then stop doing it. That's a recipe for disaster. :P

I have found that regular exercise gives me more energy and I sleep better, but I made a deal with myself: I won't add anything to my routine that I am not willing to sustain over time.

That is to say, no weightlifting or non-recreational exercise. I want to keep it fun and short enough that I will be able to keep doing it, rather than just busting my butt to reach my goal and then stop doing it. That's a recipe for disaster. :P

i agree.. and its so discouraging when that happens. im hoping to get some exercise by walking on the beach when the weather improves... its very cold here right now. im noticing the cold a lot more since ive lost my weight....has anyone else noticed the difference with how they manage hot and cold temps??...

im noticing the cold a lot more since ive lost my weight....has anyone else noticed the difference with how they manage hot and cold temps??...

Oh wow. I can't believe that never even occurred to me. I just thought my wife and I were getting old!

We actually just moved to southern California because the Vermont winters -- though beautiful -- were cutting right to the bone these last few years. And now that you mention it, it really started to get to us after losing weight.

Granted, there were other factors, too. I got some serious 3rd degree sunburn a few years back, and that same year I ended up having to walk several miles to get gas on a windy -30º day. My tolerance for the cold has been on the decline ever since.

But on the plus side, it is much easier to pile on more layers when it's cold than it is to strip them off when it's super hot. There's a limit, when it comes to decency. All in all, being more comfortable in the heat and less in the cold is still a good tradeoff I think. ;)

I agree too. I love running and spinning, truly enjoy them. Over the years here, people have marvelled that I'm so dedicated to exercise - I mean I ran right through chemo, radiation, surgery. But I truly love and enjoy it.

I'm as lazy as the next person when it comes to say, weight lifting. Hate it. Its boring. Dont get a buzz from it. Start it occasionally coz I feel guilty and get sucked into the whole theory. But theory means jack sh*t if you dont want to do it! Consistency has paid off for me, it may have taken longer than it strictly had to but I got the body I wantfd by cardio - much as people love to say it wont work.

Likewise diets. I dont give a fig for your high Protein low carb theories. I know I cant eat that way. I know I need some fun food in my life. I know I want to eat what I want and not track, weigh and measure. Most of the time I eat well, some days, I have Cookies for lunch! I let my band do its thing, it controls portions all of the time and I am in charge of quality control for most of the time. So Judy and Bigenuff, I reckon keep doing what you're doing, its working for you and dont get sucked into what others believe you should or should not do.

At the end of the day, and I've really learned this after maintaining for so long - you need to be able to do wat you're doing FOREVER. End of story. You cannot go back to your old ways so if your new ways require amazing discipline, sacrfice and vigilance, you'd etter be sure you can keep it up or some regain is inevitable - even WITH a lapband.