Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't Lost Weight In 3 Months... Advice

I have had my band for almost 1 year now for the past 3 months I've lost and gained the same 3-4 pounds over and over. I've lost about 60 pounds so far but am frustrated. Since January I've had 4 fills with about 3 unfills. I was so tight then not tight enough with vomiting and only being able to eat slider foods. And now I'm kind of able to eat but I do tend to throw up sometimes. But anyways I'm just frustrated I guess I just need to stick with softer Proteins to keep them down. Gah idk any advice?

At this point in your journey it should be just a mathematical equation to losing weight? If your body needs 2000 calories a day to maintain and you re eating 1300 calories, you should be burning 700 more than you consume. It takes 3500 calories burned to lose 1 lb of fat. If you add exercise to the equation the results should be more dramatic.

Do you keep a journal? I didn't and still don't but when I was stalled for 3 months I sat down with our nutritionist and she pointed out about 300 extra calories a day I could eliminate. I kicked up my exercise program and lost 19 lbs over the next 2 months. I've plateaued for the last week and will start a journal to see where I'm going wrong? I know I'm eating too much fruit and maybe some other foods that are slowing me down so the journal can help me get back on a lower calorie track. It's easy to stray and convince myself I'm not eating around my band.

Give the journal a try and be sure to enter your exercise results every day.

tmf

My first concern is you can't eat solid Protein. My doctor would say you are still to tight. And the fact that you vomit. Knock on wood I have never vomitted in almost 2 years. I wonder if you are eating sliders more than you realise and sliders tend to have higher calorie counts. Because they slid you eat more of them because you are'nt feeling full and your calorie count is higher than you realize.

Are you weighing all your Protein? It should be 3 oz solid or mushie.

I would suggest maybe using myfitnesspal to track your foods. See where you are at. Maybe you are having more than you realize. And make sure to measure all your food. You can also make the diary public to your friends and they can help advise you where you can make some changes. You can also see other peoples food diaries and get some ideas of thing that you might want to add to your diet.

Have you tried the low carb/high Protein approach? Sometimes that works for people (like me) when other stuff doesn't.

I would suggest maybe using myfitnesspal to track your foods. See where you are at. Maybe you are having more than you realize. And make sure to measure all your food. You can also make the diary public to your friends and they can help advise you where you can make some changes. You can also see other peoples food diaries and get some ideas of thing that you might want to add to your diet. feel free to add me...same username: waitingpatiently

Have you tried the low carb/high Protein approach? Sometimes that works for people (like me) when other stuff doesn't.

I agree with both waiting and honk.

Go all out no carb for one week. And I mean no carbs and ramp up the exercise including some strength building days. It's just 7 days so most anyone can do it. No sugar of any kind including fruit, no flour, potatoes, dairy. 7 days won't kill you.

Sliders, they're death to a bandster.

tmf

Well if you break through your plateua let me know how you did it because I am on a 2.5 month one now!!! I am getting a fill next Monday!

I just finished a 2 month plateau and it was frustrating. The basic problem, was me. Too many empty calories (ie: alcohol, sweets, carbs) and I also needed a fill. I was travelling a lot and eating too much and too often. I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose any either. You've gone to get the fills/unfills, so it must be the calories. Seriously look at what you eating daily and add up the calories. That one glass of wine a day or that chocolate bar can mean the difference between losing weight or not losing weight. If all else fails, I've seen some members go back to the post-operative diet for a week (the dreaded Protein shakes!) to get things moving again (and remind themselves of the rules). Good luck and keep us updated.