Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Did Your Plateua Last?!?

I had a fill jan 23, 2012.. Lost 10 pounds realized I was too tight and got a little unfill March 6. I have been 188-185 since then..so about 2.5 months and I find this very disappointing! I go back for another fill June 1! So my question is, how long did your platuea last and what got you out of it ? Did you start losing again steady? When does the weight just start falling off like everyone says it does? I went from 230 to 185 since July 20, 2011 I want to be 150 so about 30 more to go!!!

Congratulations on how much weight you've already lost!

Not EVERYONE says the weight just falls off. You've been very fortunate and have probably had to work at it to get that first bit off, right? I have fought every single pound off my body. It is not easy at all. HUGE lifestyle changes that I'm making permanent. If you scroll down the forums to struggling lapbanders, you'll read story after story of people who lose nothing or gain it back. They, like me, read all the glowing posts of people who said it just "fell off." I very much envy those people but sometimes I wonder if they have amnesia for all the little changes they had to make to get the weight off. I wrote my first post in that section myself and got all the advice I needed to start losing weight. No one said that it'll fall off me...they told me to cut my calories, eat healthy, exercise, see my doctor. All the usual stuff... the boring answers. But, it worked.

I had a fill jan 23, 2012.. Lost 10 pounds realized I was too tight and got a little unfill March 6. I have been 188-185 since then..so about 2.5 months and I find this very disappointing! I go back for another fill June 1! So my question is, how long did your platuea last and what got you out of it ? Did you start losing again steady? When does the weight just start falling off like everyone says it does? I went from 230 to 185 since July 20, 2011 I want to be 150 so about 30 more to go!!!

I seem to reach a plateau about every 10-12 pounds lost. It usually takes about 7-10 days before the scale moves again.

I think we all hit that plateua. Sometimes you have to play with it like up your calories a little or lower them and of course exercise. That works alot of times. Your body gets used to certain things so you have to switch it to get your body pumping again. I wish you luck

Thank you everyone for your replies! I know everyone hits plateuas but I just feel that mine is lasting longer than normal!! I have up my calories for about 2 weeks but I haven't worked out at the gym in 3 weeks. even though I'm pretty active during the day with 3 kids not in school...5,4 and 1 yr old keep me pretty active but guess I need more! And I know I don't eat perfect and it could be better! Hopefully this fill will help me out! I would like to be close to my goal by my year anniversary!

Just don't give up. You might just need to try different things until u find what's right for you. Believe me we all hit that stage, that's why the dr says stay of the scale everyday lol

change change change.. gotta keep the body confused cause it loves the fat.. I notice when I change up the food, exercise , Water intake etc i will drop 2 lbs... but 2 at a time. I am older and have thryoid, so think this doesnt help, but I'll get there slowly and keep my gall bladder!

Kim, my plateau lasted for 7 months. Last summer I weighed 175 lbs and the scales did not move until Jan 30th of this year after a fill. Since that fill I have dropped from 175 to 145. I am very OCD and I was following the plan, I looked at everything I was doing, I lowered my carbs, upped my Protein, cut back my calories, increased my exercise but I still hovered back and forth between 172-175. My only explanation to this is my body was adjusting to my losses. Have you checked your measurements? I have noticed when my scales fail to move sometimes that I am losing inches, which means you are reshaping your body and developing muscle and burning fat. Do not get caught up in the myth that muscle weighs more than fat because a pound is a pound whether it is fat or muscle. But think of it this way, a bowl of Jello weighing 1 lb is a lot more volume than a chicken breast weighing 1 lb. When you think of fat and muscle in this visual manner it really makes you think. Stay positive and Celebrate your successes to date, do not get discouraged. The scale will move again and you will get to where you want to be, I am learning that patience and persistence pays off. Good Luck to you.

My Dr told me when I stopped losing YOU HAVE TO EAT THE Protein FIRST, your body will stop losing on carbs . And so I did what he said and it worked. It's hard to eat protein first it's work and it fills you up and sometimes you just want that soft stuff, Those things are more comforting and you can eat a lot more and the scale shows it...

I had a fill jan 23' date=' 2012.. Lost 10 pounds realized I was too tight and got a little unfill March 6. I have been 188-185 since then..so about 2.5 months and I find this very disappointing! I go back for another fill June 1! So my question is, how long did your platuea last and what got you out of it ? Did you start losing again steady? When does the weight just start falling off like everyone says it does? I went from 230 to 185 since July 20, 2011 I want to be 150 so about 30 more to go!!![/quote']

Mine last one lasted about 2 months. It was frustrating but I got through it