Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Ok May banders I'm ready to move on pass all the surgery and liquid diet part. I need someone that I can check in with every night. I need some one that will be my partner that I can tell all of my cheat and victories too. I need some one that will not be afraid to yell at me when I didn't go to the gym like I was suppose to or follow my diet correctly or to cheer me on. I will share my ups and downs. Now I don't have a problem posting to every one here in our group. But If that is what we all agree on than every one will have to check in every night or you will have to post the night before that you will be on vacation and returning on a specfic night. So I'm listening let me know what every one is wanting to do. I think every one of us needs help thru this journey. It is going to be one heck of a bumpy road.

This is a great idea, Debbie! I would be up for even just having a thread where we check in nightly with each other. I think the next few months will be a challenge, trying to find what foods work and proper restriction.. and I need all the support I can get. Even though I am 100% happy I got banded, I have a lot of mixed emotions and confusion about the best way for ME to live with the band. I see many posts in the regular section about "shoulds" and "can'ts".... that stresses me out instead of making me feel excited for this journey. I want to get control of my emotional eating and my food choices, without feeling deprived. I also want to stay motivated to exercise 5 days a week.

I am going to start attending the support group at the hospital every month, but I think it would help to check in here every day too. Let me know.

Ok Natalie and any one else that would like some accountablity. Lets start on Monday May 23. Does that work for you Natalie? and any one else that wants to join us. Ok I work 2nd shift and I'm on central time. So Come Monday if I have not started a accountabilty some one go ahead. I think this will help a lot of us. I think We should state what we ate and exercise we did for the day. Is there any thing else we should look for? All suggestions are always welcomed!

Ok Debbie, I will post here on Monday to say how i did that day. I haven't exercised more than short walks since being banded, so I need to go back to the gym Monday. I am progressing to mashed/soft foods tomorrow and had a little stuck incident w/ Beans yesterday, so I really need someone to talk to as I am introducing new foods.

Ok Debbie, I will post here on Monday to say how i did that day. I haven't exercised more than short walks since being banded, so I need to go back to the gym Monday. I am progressing to mashed/soft foods tomorrow and had a little stuck incident w/ Beans yesterday, so I really need someone to talk to as I am introducing new foods.

Natalie did your doctor give you permission to start exercise since the surgery? Not trying to stop you from the gym I just don't want you to hurt your self.

Natalie did your doctor give you permission to start exercise since the surgery? Not trying to stop you from the gym I just don't want you to hurt your self.

My Dr said I could start exercising as soon as I felt up to it, but nothing super intense or abs until about a month post op. I will have to take it slow.. Maybe a recumbent bike, treadmill, or elliptical for 15 minutes. Actually I have an elliptical at home so may exercise here instead. I don't want to overdo it.

Hello everyone that is reading but not particpating, I know you are there! lol any ways Hello Natalie, First day back to work for me and it went pretty good. I received a lot of compliments today that made me feel really good. Well I got up today and did my normal routine stuff and than I headed to the gym to sign up. Well I got signed up for the gym and that made me fell great also.

Ok Natalie here is my day.

breakfast

2oz oatmel

splash of 1% milk

2 pks of sweet n low

lunch

cottage cheese with peaches 100 calorie pack 3.9oz

budding meat pkg ham 2oz

laughin cow traingle

Supper

2 oz beef

2oz cottage cheese

laughin cow traingle

worked out at the gym for 37 :D minutes. I really wanted to due a hour but my tummy started to hurt :( so I thought I better not push it yet. This Wednesday will be 3 weeks since my surgery. So Natalie do you think I should have pushed it? please be honest!

p.s Natalie I will probably always post this late now that I'm back to work. But today there was talk about bringing me into work earlier and that would be a plus in my book. So just a great day for me! lol

I think that I am going to join you ladies on being held accountable everyday!!

I think that I am going to join you ladies on being held accountable everyday!!

Please do join us! I would love more people to watch over me and yell at me if they don't hear me or if I don't go to the gym and so on. Of course i'm a woman so I would love to yell at any one that is not keeping up their end of the bargain.

:D . So Lose_it do you think I should have pushed my self at the gym last night when my tummy started hurting or do you think I did right by quiting? Any one please let me know what you think I will be leaving shortly and would like to know before I go to the gym. Wednesday will be 3 weeks after surgery.

YAY! The more the merrier. :)

Debbie, how did you prepare the beef? I want to try beef and chicken but I'm scared. lol. May have chicken for dinner tonight but I am stumped as to how to keep it moist, especially since my nutritionist wants me to be able to mash all my food up before I eat it.

A month or two from now I would say you should have pushed it, but right now... no! Listen to your body and stop when it feels uncomfortable. I had the same experience yesterday.. my port area started burning.. almost like sandpaper was being rubbed on it. Now is the time to go easy on yourself so that there are no issues later :) Very proud of you for joining a gym. I was always too embarrassed to do that because of my size, but bit the bullet 6 months ago.

Here is what I did yesterday:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup strawberry greek yogurt, 1/4 cup smashed banana

snack - 8oz Milk

lunch - 2oz garlic fish (mashed up), 1/4 cup diced peaches

dinner - 1/4 cup ground turkey with Tomato sauce, 1/4 cup sliced strawberries

snack - 8oz Milk

For exercise I did leg stretches then 20 mins on my elliptical machine at the lowest setting. I was sore for a few hours after that.

Took my 2 weeks post op pictures. I want to take pictures at the beginning of every month to see my progress.

Tonight I am going to Applebees with my family. Normally I would get boneless wings, juice AND a quesadilla. I think I will go with Soup and fruit salad if they have it.

N

Sorry Md I tried to reply on my lunch today but it just kept saying sending and never went through. Some nights I'm not going to be on here til later. After I get off of work it seems like me and Adam (my husband) start our second job with our 3 boys. Until we lay them down and now it is summer so later bed time!!! LOL

But Md I wouldnt push myself to hard in your first month to month in half. I pushed to hard in the first week and one of my incisions came back open (it was fine) but I could of put my journey on hold if I didn't wise up and follow dr orders. I'm not a very patient person. Maybe go to gym and go until you start hurting then I would either yak a break or walk on treadmill until it stopped hurting then go back to your previous work out. You don't want to push to much and delay your journey!

Breakfast:

Creamy oatmeal

Lunch:

Shakeology Protein Shake

dinner

1/2c whole wheat Pasta

1/2 low fat cottage cheese

1/4-1/2 green Beans

Water about 4 8oz bottles.< /p>

Gatorade 16oz

I always have a drink in my hand that seems to be one of the hardest parts for myself to be more cautious of drinking slowly. I have always been someone that drinks a lot Water, tea, diet 7up, Gatorade anything and now I have to be more cautious of drinking slow and not just downing it!

Lose_It, sounds like you are doing great. Are you having regular Gatorade or low cal? I have been really craving a glass of pineapple juice. I don't know if it's ok to treat myself to that yet or not.

Well I went to a restaurant tonight. The server kept bugging me to have Water, and asked if I didn't like my food because I barely ate it. I had probably 10 spoonfuls of Soup (just the broth) and 2 pieces of shrimp. Honestly I was a little depressed I couldn't get what I wanted to, because I'm still on soft foods and trying to follow things strictly. :( its 11pm and I feel like I didn't eat enough at dinner time.

My port area was hurtin me like crazy tonight.. Was sitting for two hours at a movie then dinner and it was like my tummy was being rubber with sandpaper inside. A burning feeling I've had every time I sit in my car. Is this normal? I am calling nurse tomorrow just to be sure. I haven't had any trouble getting food down so I don't think it's a flipped port, but I'm scared. I thought by two weeks post op there should be no pain?

Thanks Ladies for your advice on working out at the gym. I did go to the gym today and I walked the treadmill for 30 min and I rode the bike for 10 minutes. I think I could have rode the bike longer but I was not comfortable on it. I could not figure out how to move the seat and I was sweating and I said heck with it. My tummy was sore all day today so I took it easy at the gym. I didn't try any thing that I thought would hurt tonight. I'm supposed to meet with a trainer on Thursday but I'm going to call the dr office and check with them first. See what they think about my workouts.

breakfast

Bananna (Was in a hurry today and it was the only thing I could think to grab)

Lunch

1 egg

1/4 c egg subsitute

2 oz mixed fruit in own juices

Supper

2 oz canned chicken meat

traingle laughin cow vegetable cheese (mixed this with the chicken and it made a great chicken salad)

2oz mixed fruit in own juices

snack

fat free pudding cup

banana

YAY! The more the merrier. :)

Debbie, how did you prepare the beef? I want to try beef and chicken but I'm scared. lol. May have chicken for dinner tonight but I am stumped as to how to keep it moist, especially since my nutritionist wants me to be able to mash all my food up before I eat it.

A month or two from now I would say you should have pushed it, but right now... no! Listen to your body and stop when it feels uncomfortable. I had the same experience yesterday.. my port area started burning.. almost like sandpaper was being rubbed on it. Now is the time to go easy on yourself so that there are no issues later :) Very proud of you for joining a gym. I was always too embarrassed to do that because of my size, but bit the bullet 6 months ago.

Here is what I did yesterday:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup strawberry greek yogurt, 1/4 cup smashed banana

snack - 8oz Milk

lunch - 2oz garlic fish (mashed up), 1/4 cup diced peaches

dinner - 1/4 cup ground turkey with Tomato sauce, 1/4 cup sliced strawberries

snack - 8oz Milk

For exercise I did leg stretches then 20 mins on my elliptical machine at the lowest setting. I was sore for a few hours after that.

Took my 2 weeks post op pictures. I want to take pictures at the beginning of every month to see my progress.

Tonight I am going to Applebees with my family. Normally I would get boneless wings, juice AND a quesadilla. I think I will go with Soup and fruit salad if they have it.

Natalie, My husband cooked steak on the grill and I took 2oz of his steak and I think it was ribeye because that is my husbands favorite. Any way I put it in the bleander and add some beef broth very little until I get it looking like a junky paste. This is what my dietican told me to do. The can chicken was very easy tonight. I just took my fork and it shredded pretty easy kind of like tuna does.

Are you going to post your pictures to your album? I plan on taking pictures at the 1st of every month also. I also plan I doing my measurements also.

I know what you mean about going out to eat. Its not that easy being in the mushie stage. Over the weekend my mom and I stopped at Wendy's. We shared a baked potatoe and I orderd a grilled chicken wrap and took the chicken out and shredded it as good as I could. My mom says that she is enjoying me being on this diet because I order what I want and she eats my left overs. which is usaully more than what I get to eat.