Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Op Liquid Diet Is Not Enough! Suggestions

I had my surgery May 3rd as well. I drink Protein shakes' date=' have sugar free pudding, liquid mashed potatoes and sugar free Popsicles. It is hard but I just keep saying it will be worth it in the end. Good luck and I am here if you want to exchange info and talk.

Courtney[/quote']

Best of luck to you!!!

This exactly. You do not want your stomach to grind AT ALL right now. That is the point of the post-op liquid diets. To allow the band to heal into place without ripping the stitches. It sucks' date=' but really, you didn't go through all this just to possibly lose your band because you are hungry. :( I understand, I woke from the anesthesia hungry. When my surgeon called at 3 days post-op, I told him I was ready to eat my dog. Lucky for my dog he was much younger then and moved must faster than I.

Please stick to your surgeon's plan for you. It sucks, but it is best for you.[/quote']

Omgoodness that was too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Oh another question.. In reference to liquids has anyone tried concocting a milkshake of sorts with sugar free ice cream and 1% or skim milk? If so what ice cream or fro yo do you recommend!

I have never made it with ice cream because its just added calories and I would prefer to just eat the ice cream rather then put it in a shake. If I were to use Ice cream i would probably use low carb ice cream. As far as soft frozen yogurt in my opinion McDonalds has the best (sounds weird) and its portion controlled and nothing left over so you won't run to the fridge for seconds. It has low cal and low fat and it is really good. So get you a vanilla cone and dish the yogurt in your blender with your shake or just eat the ice cream cone...LOL

Oh another question.. In reference to liquids has anyone tried concocting a milkshake of sorts with sugar free ice cream and 1% or skim milk? If so what ice cream or fro yo do you recommend!

I am not trying to be mean spirited. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Would you eat ice cream in front of your doctor? Personally I am more afraid of the nurse practioner (old school Medford/Revere, MA type. Those of you from Boston know what I'm talking about). But I would'nt eat ice cream in front of either of them.

Yes this is healing time but; ice cream is just a step to far.

Personally I am more afraid of the nurse practioner (old school Medford/Revere, MA type. Those of you from Boston know what I'm talking about).

almost spit my Water on the computer. My husband is from Boston and I lived there for a while. Totally know what you mean ;)

Would you eat ice cream in front of your doctor? Personally I am more afraid of the nurse practioner (old school Medford/Revere, MA type. Those of you from Boston know what I'm talking about). But I would'nt eat ice cream in front of either of them.

Yes this is healing time but; ice cream is just a step to far.

I agree not the best choice and remember those are the same choices that got us here. I won't say I have never had ice cream since my band but not early and definately not often. If you must indulge be smart about it and DO NOT bring home a big container. Get a small amount (single use) and have your moment and move on.

Would you eat ice cream in front of your doctor? Personally I am more afraid of the nurse practioner (old school Medford/Revere' date=' MA type. Those of you from Boston know what I'm talking about). But I would'nt eat ice cream in front of either of them.

Yes this is healing time but; ice cream is just a step to far.[/quote']

Well luckily ice cream was never my go to choice of snack so I'm ok without it. I was just asking about it from a variety standpoint.

Has anyone tried Isopure from GNC? I am hoping for a June surgery date and of course have to do the 2 week pre-op shake diet but I am not a how do I say this, I don't like milk or milky tasting things. I drink Water with Crystal Light in it so I like fruity things and a gastric bypass patient friend told me about Isopure, so I was wondering if any of you had tried it? Guess if nothing else I will learn to like milky tasting shakes huh? I can tolerate a strawberry one but def not a chocolate or vanilla. In my seminar they recommended EAS brand.

A lot of folk around here like Isopure. Give it a try. You might try Unjury also, they have chicken flavor and unflavored. I think they'll send you samples to try before buying a ton of the stuff.

Has anyone tried Isopure from GNC? I am hoping for a June surgery date and of course have to do the 2 week pre-op shake diet but I am not a how do I say this' date=' I don't like milk or milky tasting things. I drink Water with Crystal Light in it so I like fruity things and a gastric bypass patient friend told me about Isopure, so I was wondering if any of you had tried it? Guess if nothing else I will learn to like milky tasting shakes huh? I can tolerate a strawberry one but def not a chocolate or vanilla. In my seminar they recommended EAS brand.[/quote']

Hi there! I actually do have isopure and it's ok my least favorite out of all of them.. If you don't like milky shake types I also have Jay Robb (the chocolate powder) but you can mix it with Water and someone said in an earlier reply that Jay Robb also comes in fruity favors you can mix with water. I haven't tried those but the choco one is deelish!! And I hear all the other favors have great tastes too. Also they said The Weight Loss Zone has fruity flavors as well.

I agree. I dig Isopure quite a bit. My surgeon pimps out "Bariatric Fusion" Vitamins and Protein drink...i'd rather get products I can get from GNC.< /p>

Hi there! I actually do have Isopure and it's ok my least favorite out of all of them.. If you don't like milky shake types I also have Jay Robb (the chocolate powder) but you can mix it with Water and someone said in an earlier reply that Jay Robb also comes in fruity favors you can mix with Water. I haven't tried those but the choco one is deelish!! And I hear all the other favors have great tastes too. Also they said The Weight Loss Zone has fruity flavors as well.

ok, don't mean to sound dumb but I've tried googling The Weight Loss Zone and found nothing, is there a website? duh on me! lol. thx

I buy Jay Robb whey Protein mix and they have several flavors and are really good. I like to mix mine with milk so thats extra Protein. They have 220 calories/50protein/2carbs when made with 2 scoops and Water. The fruity flavored ones are great for the summer because they are more like a Crystal light drink and have a big varity of flavors and are distributed by the weight loss zone (I am sure you can google them because I lot of different places sell them). They have 140 calories/2carbs/30protein for 2 packs mixed with 16ounces of Water. The Jay Robb was recommended by my band surgeon Dr.Smith and I buy it from Sunflower Shoppes when go to Dallas or you can find places to order it online. The Weight Loss Zone drinks were recommended by my band doctor that I see locally (for fills and unfills) and they are delicious!! They have coffee ones' date=' hot chocolate ones, grape,cran-grape,peach mango, pineapple,pineapple orange, strawberry kiwi, wild berry, orangeade, lemonade, lemon razzy, and grapefruit. I mix them in the 16.8 ounce water bottles and throw them in my work bag or gym bag for the day. If I am extra hungry one day (like around my cycle) then I drink an extra drink. You are going to be drinking protein for the rest of your life so find some that you really like not just tolerate. My husband has decided to lose weight (BIG step for him) and is using Protein shakes and he LOVES the ones from weight loss zone. He bought Herbalife and tolerated it but it got old quick and I had him try mine. If you need any more info or pictures just let me know but if you like fruit flavored drinks or chrystal light then you will like these. If you are in the mood for something thicker then Jay Robb is good.[/quote']

Do you know where we can find info online for The Weight Loss Zone drinks?

Has anyone tried Isopure from GNC? I am hoping for a June surgery date and of course have to do the 2 week pre-op shake diet but I am not a how do I say this, I don't like milk or milky tasting things. I drink Water with Crystal Light in it so I like fruity things and a gastric bypass patient friend told me about Isopure, so I was wondering if any of you had tried it? Guess if nothing else I will learn to like milky tasting shakes huh? I can tolerate a strawberry one but def not a chocolate or vanilla. In my seminar they recommended EAS brand.

I don't know about EAS but I usually can't get thick shakes down. I buy some fruity ones from a place here called the weight loss zone. I know they are just a selling point but I am not sure who distributes these. You could probably order them online but they are more like Crystal Light and have a BIG variety.