Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Nope not related. I met him and his wife when our kids were little. We've been friends for years but lose touch now and then. Destiny keeps bringing us back into each other's lives though. I walked into the local support group last Tuesday night and there he was, so I drug him to LBT. I think he's addicted already. hehe

Oh My Gosh! I Can Not Make Myself Go To Curves. I Was Doing To Good And Then Ppppffffff! I Also Haven't Been Drinking Enough. Oh Yeah, And There Was Yesterday. I Live Around Cincinnati And White Castles Is A Big Chain Around Here. Their Little Itty Bitty Cheeseburgers Have 160 Calories In Them. Where They Put Them I Have No Clue. I Ate Three Of Them Before The Afternoon Was Over And Had Enough Sense (or Lack Of) To Check Their Web Site For Nutrition Info. No Kidding These Things Are About 2-21/2 Inches Square. Well, They Were Good, But Not That Good. Today Has Been Much Better For food, But Not Exercise. Someone Chew Me Out. :help: I Can Handle It. Way To Go Everyone To. We Have A Heck Of A Group. Does Anyone Live Around Me On Here?

I know those burgers. I'm from the south where they have Crystal burgers, much the same. *wags a finger at Rhonda* You stop that. Remember, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! Every bite will take you in the opposite direction. Get a grip now and you'll be ok. Everyone slips, just don't stay down!

I haven't been drinking my Water either and I didn't walk yesterday. Tell you what, Rhonda.. check in tonight and we'll confirm that we did what we should today. Drink your 64oz of water and get your bum to Curves! Don't even stop to argue, just grab your stuff and go without thinking about it. It will be over before you know it, and you'll feel so good about it! I have a Dr appt in about 30 mins but when I get home, I will walk my 1/2 mile on the dreadmill before I allow myself to get back on here. Then, tonight.. I'm coming looking for you. Dont you let me find out that I did this for you and you didnt do your part! *peers at Rhonda with a grin*

Back in December, I could no longer fit in my size 24 jeans.

Umm.. today.. I'm wearing my size 20 jeans! :ermm...:)...:faint:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :) :)

Thanks to Photonut and Kim for help with the ticker. Now I will take it off. Guess I never thought about it taking up so much room... I have to fight the Crystal urge also!!:phanvan

Carol

I've heard that we have both a White Castle and a Crystal's here in San Antonio. My theory is if I don't go, I won't mess up my diet. So I've never had one, even if all my friends talk about them a lot!

:) Kristin

*Grabs a large slimy fish and smacks Rhonda upside the head*. That madam, is what burgers get you.

I have a phillosophy on burgers and all foods that I call "hand foods".

Allow me to introduce "Dawg's totally Forked up Diet":

If you have a food product that was designed for consumption without implements (sandwiches, etc), ensure that you use a fork to eat it. Also ensure that you discard any superfluous wrapping that is of no use to man nor beast (paper, bread etc).

This will at least force you to eat more slowly, and perhaps prevent you from eating three of the little blighters. Plus - You'll feel a bit silly dissecting the damn things.

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim Botello. I was banded Oct. 14, 2005. I have been a member for a while, but have not a active one, I hoping to change that. I'm 45 & I have been married to great guy for 24 years. We have 2 sons, 23 & 19. I live in Pflugerville, Tx, which is outside of Austin where I am a hairstylist .

Being banded has been a wonderful thing for me. I have been over weight all my life. I have tried all the diets, starting at a very early age. My parents & sisters were all thin, so my parents had a real issue with my weight. My band has helped me lose 66 lbs, the most I have ever lost at one time. I have managed to already to acheive 3 of my goals with my 4th being bellow 200 lbs by the time I have my knee replacement redone on the 27th of June. With help of all of you I know I will do it.

s292/j226/-66

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK stayed on track. This is a huge accomplishment for me.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got my exercise for the day.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Wait and see for next week.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 82oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

Thank You All. That's Just What I Needed. I Actually Never Thought About The Whole Hand-food Thing. There Really Isn't Much Good Stuff Out There Except fruit That Doesn't Use Utensils. Allright, Got The Old Brain Thinking. I Walked Thru The Mall For A While Pretty Fast. My Daughter And Her Friend Couldn't Keep Up And Had To Keep On Them. Tomorrow I Vow I Will Go To Curves And I Will At Least Get In 6-8 Cups Of Water (ounces Seem Too Big To Deal With). My Surgeon Is Moving And I Guess Is Trying To Get Out Of A Contract With The Hospital. I Can't Get Any Info From The Hospital And The Dr. Is Not Allowed To Give Out Any Info As To Where He Can Be Contacted. I Found Him Last Week On Obesityhelp.com. That Ticks Me Off. There Must Be A Lawsuit Going On. I Don't See How The Hospital Would Not Be Liable If They Will Not Let The Patients Contact Him. Anyone Encountered Anything Like This? Strange Huh?

Welcome to the GFG Kimbo, and grats on your excellent weightloss!

I'll get your stats added to the Members' Page asap.

Mystjin - No no.. dont take your ticker off. All we are doing it unchecking the "Show your signature" box just below the text box when you post. Anytime you don't want your signature line to show, just uncheck this box and it wont. But it doesn't remove it for good. See? We are just trying to make it easier to read through all of the posts on this thread because its going to get very big soon. Sorry that was misleading. *hugs*

Rhonda - Someone else will have to help you out with the Dr thing. I don't have a clue. :) About the walking and Curves.. my Dr appt ended up taking THREE hours! I waited in the waiting room for over an hour and a half, and in the exam room for another fricking hour and a half, and saw the doctor all of 10 minutes! *growls* By the way, this was nothing to do with the band. Anyway, I had to go shopping for some pants to work out in at the gym (had to buy 18-20s.. everybody saw Awwww) and by the time I got home I was tired and starving. I doubt I will walk tonight, but I will tomorrow by golly!

Last weekend we went to the store and there they were. Those innocent looking girls in green uniforms. We successfully dodged them and made it out without having to have a box of temptation stuffed under our noses.. but....!

Today I'm sitting at the Dr. office (as mentioned in prior post) and the receptionist suddenly says to the waiting room full of people, "Would anyone like a Girl Scout cookie? I have the thin mint ones.."

My mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide, then I busted up laughing and told them about LBT. The lady sitting next to me was diabetic so she was acting like the woman had just asked her to worship Satan! One of the nurses offered to chew them up and suck all of the fat and sugar out of them for us, but noone seemed interested in that idea. Not one person in there took any! *laughs*

So guess who I was thinking about the rest of the visit? DianeChef?? Did you put a curse on me or something? LOL

Quote Feel2Young2B40:

I must say, if anyone has the opportunity to work out with another band member it's fantastic. Kim and I have alot in common (more than just the band, the fact we live within 1/2 mile of each other, our kids both go to the same schools, etc) and it's been great spending time with her. The time goes quickly and enjoyably!!!

Absolutely agree. I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and didn't even realize it! And - Laura is great. We do have lots in common! You guys out there find a workout buddy near you! It makes it "bearable"! Laura - sorry I missed you tonight... I'll see you this weekend. Have a good time with your last night of freedom!

Kim