Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We have lost around the same in the same time Deanne:)

Sal ,go to ticketfactory.com and select your pics then ove onto the page with statistics. once you click next, it moves onto a page which shows your ticker chart. Scroll down a bit and it has 2 or 3 different boxes. You need to copy the very first box. then... come back on this site, click on your name box at top and select ' my settings' then click on 'signature' on left side of page. If you dont have anything set up, you can just click on the page and then paste your ticker. you can type any comments underneath and then click save. Try that :)

And me sal I've said if I'm at a comfortable size 14 by surgery date next year I will be very very happy ! Tried not to go for a weight . I'm so pleased I've done this it's been hard but at the same time easier then I thought it would be!!! ( if that makes sense!! )

My aim is to be 9-9 1/2 stone by my surgery anniversary but also to have paid it all off by then too :)

I joined a weightloss support group who meet every 3rd Monday and that has proved really useful too. My first meeting was a week before surgery and there is a good mixture of people who have had bypasses, sleeves and bands. One person has lost 3 1/2 stone since she had her band in January!!! They have a closed(secret) Facebook page where only members can see your comments on there and they have given lots of tips for this and that.

I've invested in a treadmill and cross trainer(2nd hand, love ebay) and am allowed to use them from this weekend.

At the moment I am still obsessed with reading stuff and working out my food allowances etc. One tip I was given by my dietician is to add potato to your Soups as the starch helps to get the full sensation.x

Same here Deanne, I don't care what size I wear as long as I feel good about me. If I ever got into a 14 that would be a miracle. Even at my ideal weight a 14 would be crazy. I am a big boned gal. Right now I still have my ups and downs but most up. Just want to get past this healing stage and on with things. I am not a good patient and have a hard time slowing down. I guess that is why I walk all the time. But I find I still have to take a rest through the day and that is hard since I am my mothers care giver. I have such a great husband that helps.

My ideal weight is 11 stone. Any lower and I don't look well. Does all your family members know what you have done. I only have a select few...not even my inlaws or my mother who lives in the house with me. My mother thinks I had female surgery. I am hoping by the time my inlaws get back from their holiday next week most of the swelling will be gone from my tummy. I know it sounds bad but just not ready for the critical comments. Only my hubby, cousin and 2 friends in the states know.

I too hate slowing down! ( crazy !!! Can't sit still but can still gain weight no probs!! ) it does get easier by end of week 2 I felt back to normal again?! I would love to get to 9 1/2 stone I'm quite short and am very lucky I'm in proportion! But I just don't see it for me!! Good for you though . :) here's hopeing we all get to our happy places!! Lol . Would be nice to keep in touch xxx

It will be nice to keep in touch. We should chat one day. Going to bed now. I will private message my details so we can chat on Facebook.< /p>

I have told some of family and friends but I know what u mean I had a client give me a hard time today!! I've struggled for so long done all I was told too with no luck!! You did it for u no one else so if your not ready or don't want to tell I honestly don't blame you !! I won't be telling some people I don't want the bad feed back they should try heaving my weight round daily!!!

I told my family one by one and also work collegues. A couple of friends know too. I wasn't going to tell one of my sons or one sister as they can be very judgemental but ended up telling them too before surgery. I've only had a couple of comments like' why don't you just go on a diet.. go to weight watchers... i'll tell you how to lose weight...' etc. My dad just didn't get it. For over a decade I've been at least 4stone overweight and long to be 9 1/2 stone again.

Before I changed to become a Practice nurse at a Gp surgery, I was a Staff Nurse in a hospital and worked on the bariactric clinics. I laid trays up ready for band fills and had limited knowledge on the surgery. It seems now that my knowledge was almost nil!

I know I thought I was all clued up on this surgery!!! WRONG!! Lol ! Turns out I know hardly anything! But I know it's def worth it!! I got a lot of " but your not big enough!! What ... I can't belive the nhs would fund u!! " I know I have been very lucky but I have also tried for the last ten years and only sliming pills worked got down to 11 st 12 then had to be taken off them as caused brain tumours !!! And so back crept on the remaining 7 stone!! I'm just lucky and I don't take it for granted!! This has been a gift!! I also looked at the hospital group looked really good!

I was lucky in a way as just as I was booking for a free consultation, they knocked £1,000 off and I researched for a credit card with a long interest free period ( I hate paying interest). I'd been considering it for years but didn't think I would be able to afford it then managed to get more hours at work so decided to use the etra wage on this.

There were a couple of things like info early on and not speaking to a dietician until she rang 2weeks after surgery that were a bit of a bug bear. My bmi was 39 or almost 39 two weeks pre op and 35 point something on day of surgery. I'm looking at this as kind of like a mortgage and that I'm investing in myself for the future. I'm hoping the rest of my 40's are better than the whole of my 30's.

I'm only 5'2" and top heavy so look quite dumpy. I've lost good amounts of weight short term in the past but just can't maintain the losses. People might say it's drastic but I've been a lifelong dieter who has lost her self confidence and wants it back!!

Like you I tried the pills and lost tons of weight but of course after the scare with heart valve damage I stopped and the weight creeped on again. I had an EKG and ultra sound and was given the all clear and that was when I decided I wouldn't never take another diet pill again. I have always been active but I have always loved my food as well. I love to cook, create and that involves a lot of tasting before actually eating so weight just creeped on. I would love my 50's to be healthy. I want to be able to do so much and like myself again. I like everthing about me but how I look and the embarrassment of not being able to sit down anywhere I like is too much for me now. I want to travel with my husband and hike the hills and fly fish in remote lakes and do all of this without my body reminding me I am packing around 70 extra pounds. This band is my mentor and guide and I will take advantage of it, get fit with it and allow it to do its job to remind me that I have goals, I am worth this and I have a fun filled future ahead of me with it.

Hi i live near coventry and I'm going to have a Lap band in the 5th may so would be great to keep in touch with you all :-)

Hello Slimjem and best of luck on the 5th. Please make sure to let us know when you get home and how you are doing. This is exciting to share. I am now on day 10 post op and feel great for the most part. Took off the compression socks and bandages. It creeps me out a bit to see where they made the incisions but it all looks well healed.....LOL! Now for a shower tonight to help loosen up the steri strips...no more cling film cover up. Awww the joys in baby steps.