Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started liquids today and it is so hard!! I am going to be banded May 9th. These 2 weeks are going to be awful.

Hang in there, you are stronger then what your mind is trying to tell you. It won't be awful, and it won't be easy but you will be able to tolerate those days. Good luck

Hang in there' date=' you are stronger then what your mind is trying to tell you. It won't be awful, and it won't be easy but you will be able to tolerate those days. Good luck[/quote']

Thanks! I appreciate the support!

I am on day 3 of liquid shakes and HATE it. But I did find two ingredients to add to make them much more tasty..and u can use vanilla or chocolate powder... TRY THIS: it's like a Starbucks Frappacino!

Invented this myself- it's amazing how creative you can be when you are STARVING and willing to try anything!!

Ro's liquid Lapband shake

1 vanilla or chocolate packet

12 ice cubs (or as many as you like- the more you add the more "slush" it gets!)

1 tablespoon instant coffee (Any flavours)

3 small packets of splenda (add more splenda if you like it sweeter!)

1 cup cold Water

*use blender and purée icecubes into small chunks 10-15seconds.

**use spoon to eat like ice-cream!!

Soooo much more tolerable- barely even taste the "protein" shake!! Let me know what you think- If you have tried it!!

I am on day 3 of liquid shakes and HATE it. But I did find two ingredients to add to make them much more tasty..and u can use vanilla or chocolate powder... TRY THIS: it's like a Starbucks Frappacino!

Invented this myself- it's amazing how creative you can be when you are STARVING and willing to try anything!!

Ro's Liquid Lapband shake

1 vanilla or chocolate packet

12 ice cubs (or as many as you like- the more you add the more "slush" it gets!)

1 tablespoon instant coffee (Any flavours)

3 small packets of splenda (add more splenda if you like it sweeter!)

1 cup cold Water

*use blender and purée icecubes into small chunks 10-15seconds.

**use spoon to eat like ice-cream!!

Soooo much more tolerable- barely even taste the "protein" shake!! Let me know what you think- If you have tried it!!

I'm taking the hmr shakes. They sell then at my doc's office. They are ok. Hanging in there.

Have made it through day 3 of the shakes...and apart from some quiet irritability I've nearly made it through and all are still alive....im constantly focusing why I'm doing this which is what's getting me through. I want the real me to get a chance to live as opposed the bigger me who holds back...it's my time.

Omg I'm on day three. Last night I thought I was gonna puke, pass out, and die... In that order. I have never wanted a grilled cheese so badly in my life (my son is sitting next to me eating one). This sucks!!!!!

I'm on day three of liquid diet. My schedule is breakfast-shake, couple hours later I'll have v8(6oz) it does the trick until lunch where I have a Protein Shake, couple hours later... Which I have a question on, I can eat a lean cuisine or one of the lower calorie frozen meals(being dinner) .. Can anyone else do this? I've looked and it seems like I'm the only person whose doctor told me to do this! Or does it depend on your bmi on how much you intake on pre op?

Omg I'm on day three. Last night I thought I was gonna puke' date=' pass out, and die... In that order. I have never wanted a grilled cheese so badly in my life (my son is sitting next to me eating one). This sucks!!!!![/quote']

I totally understand that order. That was on my first day and I did puke. I'm on day 4 ugh. Ten more says. Looking toward the positive outlook.

Lost 5 pounds already can't complain about that though! :)

I totally understand that order. That was on my first day and I did puke. I'm on day 4 ugh. Ten more says. Looking toward the positive outlook.

Lost 5 pounds already can't complain about that though! :)

You have a much better attitude than I do, did I mention I'm extremely crabby? Haha. Anything helping you get through it?

I am on day 1. It wasn't bad until I was at work for 4 hours not able to have a Protein drink.. And passed a Wendy's on the street and got hit with the smell. I have this weird sensation in my head and body I can't explain. But I am surprised.. I'm definitely not starving like I expected.

May the 4th be with you...it never gets old for me hahahaha. Good progress on your pre op diet! Good luck