Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi And Weight Loss

Hi, I'm scheduled for surgery march 30th and am so nervous:( never had any surgery before!

My bmi is 30...but I Absolutley hate being overweight...today I had to go get size 16 pants because all my other pants are killing me...

Anyone out there with the same starting bmi? Just wondering what you're weight loss was like...I know starting from a higher bmi the weight loss is faster...

So great to hear all the success stories! Congratulations to all that have succeeded with their journey!

If you've chosen a good surgeon and hospital, this will be a very easy surgery for you. Recovery is difficult for

some, but I had an easy time of it, as do most people. Be sure not to forget your slippers and PJs.

Weight loss is a personal journey, a little different for most of us, with lags and losses. A group of doctors and

scientists wrote a report a bit critical of WLS, but they said the one thing successful weight loss patients had in

common was education and dedication.

Mine was approx 32. It took me approx 6 months to lose 22/23 kg and get to a BMI of around 22. That was almost 2 years ago and I am currently maintaining a loss of between 22 - 24kg.

Wow Elcee

That sounds amazing! If I lost 22kg I would be my size 8 again and would feel so good! You must be on top of the world :) doesn't sound like it took too long...did you really change your eating significantly?

I was banded on Feb. 16, 2012. My BMI was also 30. I am very proud to say the within the first 2 weeks I lost 12lbs. (i need to update my ticker, cause this past weekend i weighed and i lost another 2lbs) I still can't believe it. Especially being on the low end of the BMI range. I accomplished this by following my doctor's directions for eating to a T. I didn't cheat and have solids before my 2 weeks of liquids and mushy foods were over. I didn't eat sweets (no ice cream, milk shakes,, etc.) I wrote everyting down that I ate and stayed in the 800-900 calorie range. I don't plan on writing all my food down forever, I just needed to get comfortable with what 800-900 calories a day looks like.

Keep your choices high Protein and low calorie and drink tons of Water - and the weight will melt off.

Amazing....these kind of stories make me forget all about the fear and just be excited about what the future will look like! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Can u tell me where do I get a ticker thingie?

Amazing....these kind of stories make me forget all about the fear and just be excited about what the future will look like! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Can u tell me where do I get a ticker thingie?

Well Iriegirl, it's not quite as easy as it used to be, but we'll try. First, click on any ticker to take you

to 'Ticker tracker', then you go through the fields and find what you like, then go through the figures

to find one that goes with your field. Now for the fun part. Find the box that has the URL and a bunch

of other text and put it in your clipboard. Now go back to LBT, top right and find your name, click

on it and go to my settings, then 'Signature. Put the URL you copied earlier in the bottom box.

In theory, that should work. let me know if you're still having trouble

Hi Corrigan

This is a test...hopefully I followed your instructions correctly and the ticker will show up...

Sent from my iPhone u weight.png sing LapBandTalk

I didn't change my meals too much as I have always eaten proper healthy food . What I did do was cut out all the crap in between. Preband I would eat a couple of biscuits(cookies) before Breakfast, probably a few more mid morning. Eat a chocolate bar every day, eat cake, run back and fore to the fridge to nibble on stuff. With the band I stopped all that ( although I wasn't a saint). I would sometimes have a slice of cake for lunch instead of as well as lunch.< /p>

Unfortunately the longer you have been banded the easier it is to cheat especially as you cannot sustain that initial motivation. I am struggling with an additional kg which has been hanging around on and off since before Christmas. I need to take control again. Going away this weekend for hubby's Birthday didn't help but I now need to stop making excuses.

Hi Elcee

You sound just like me pre band...,I do generally eat really well....it's all the in between snacking, and tasting and craving.....I so hope to be free of that post band (and lose 22kg like you)! Don't be hard on yourself for 1-2 kg....think of where you've come to! Is this the point you would go get a fill to help lose those 2kg???

Just curious....are you in Europe? I'm in Canada :)

Sent from my iPhone u weight.png

No I'm in Aus - the land of koalas!

Hi there. I was banded yesterday BMI 30. I am the same as you girls - serial snacker. I am on liquids right now & it challenging already. It is very exciting I can't wait to start losing weight & getting healthy.

Hello

Elcee isn't it amazing that you are there and I'm here and we can be supportive of each other:) I love it:)

Xoxoxo, I think we should start a new thread: all about serial snackers...! Nice to hear from another low bmi bander...sometimes I wonder if it makes sense to do it at my weight....and than I remember how in the last four years I've gained forty pounds, while having a trainer, going to the gym, and eating well....this is the time to stop it, before it gets worse....it's all that impulse eating and snacking and as Elcee said, the band will help with that.

So you just got banded, how do you feel????

Sent from my iPhone u weight.png

Yes on the 5th. I feel a bit tired. It hurts to get up and down & my left scars hurt the most. The other 4 not a worry. I get a bit of pressure in my chest every now and then, I think it's wind. I have no shoulder tip pain which is good

I can drink normally, sipping away on an up and go now. Cups of tea & Soup all good. I have been wanting to eat cheese or normal bad snacky stuff - but that's a habit us smackers have. It's good because you can't eat for 1 weeks just liquids.

It's great to have a couple of others the same as me. I am also in aus.

Xxxx