Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Thoses With A Surgery Date.....

I'm having my surgery on March 6th. I was so overwhelmed with stressing about getting approved by the insurance company I have had not much time to think about anything else....

now that I'm a few weeks away from being banded I'm worried I will fail the band. That I will go back to my old ways , that I won't have the will power? I know deep down I won't. I know this is it and I'm going to make it work but I'm still stressing about this.. Anyone else??

also YAY US!!! I can't friggin wait!! tongue.png I'm 38, 230 , female with three kids... God I need this!!~

Im getting banded on March 2nd, and im in the same boat as you. Nervous & excited. hoping all goes well..blink.png

Another March bandster here! March 8th is my day! The 6th is my birthday so happy birthday to me! I am freaking out now that I have a date!

My surgery isn't until the 21st pending ins approval. Had my 2 1/2 hr class today, informative, fun and made me even more excited! Can't wait! Love the info I get from here, makes me feel more prepared whatever may come my way! Thanks all!

"now that I'm a few weeks away from being banded I'm worried I will fail the band. That I will go back to my old ways , that I won't have the will power? I know deep down I won't. I know this is it and I'm going to make it work but I'm still stressing about this.. Anyone else??"

KR, What you are feeling is normal. Trust me you do have the will power and the band helps you stay on task with not being able to over eat. The one thing is being careful on your food choices. You'll have to be careful with high calories goodies (cake, candies, etc.), but, when it comes to eating the right foods to loose weight the band keeps you from over eating as long as you follow the rules - no liquids 1/2 hour before or after meals, protiens first, veggies/fruits second then carbs last (carbs are last because you get full before the carbs and eat less of them) etc. etc. I always tell people that the band keeps you in check from overeating. You'll do fine.

I feel just like you do. Afraid I will mess up somehow. I just keep reading and reading these posts and trying to realize I am not alone in this journey. Hang in there.

This is what concerns me the most. I lost 174 pounds between 2003 and 2004 doing Atkins. It worked very well for me but I screwed up and over the years I gained all the weight back plus an addtional 80+ pounds. Christmas of 2004 I was in Disney World with my family and I felt like I was top of the world. Fast forward to today...I am 454 pounds.

I am very nervous that I am going to lose all the weight again just to fail and gain it back. I like to think I learned from screwing up the first time but it's so fresh in my mind. I had a Support class a few weeks ago and someone said "I just want to lose the weight and forget I had to go through the surgery to do it" I don't ever want to think like that. I want to be able to reach down and feel my port. I want to see my scars daily. I want the constant reminder of where I was and where I am going and how I never want to go backwards again...

Sorry for the life story...but I am not nervous about losing weight...I am worried about gaining it back after I lose it.

Hi Jim. I have gained and lost weight at least 5 different times only to gain it back. I am so right there with you and understanding that and feeling that type of (pain). The pain that I feel bc I let myself down and feel like a failure. I still do. I see it (in my mind in my hubs) face when I see myself in mirror. See what a diet mental issue I have?? I will never forget what I have had to deal with bc of my weight. Not only personal but outwardly. It affects every part of me. In everything that I do. My life story is I eat bc I am depressed or lazy or just because. There is no reason. I made the wrong choices many many times. I stopped moving (walking). NOW, bc of some issues that have come up (as me being at my all time high,,still to embarrassed to tell anyone on this forum ) and because I am ready to do something about it. I am tired. I am fed up. I want this. And I want this for you too. (or whomever reads my words). In my youth, I was made to feel second best and dammit I am tired of it. Now you and I are doing this for us.

Hi

I found out TODAY that I was approved by insurance and my surgery date in March 9th!! My pre-op diet starts today! I am worried about failing and gaining weight. I've been low carb, high Protein dieting for 2 months now and have gained 2 pounds :-p Seriously? I diet and gain weight :(

I think we all have those fears! The key is to stay positive and keep your eye on the prize! We can do this! Convince yourself you won't fail and you won't continue to give food the power over you.....that and lots of prayer! Good luck to us all! <3

You will do awesome. Dont be nervous. I got banded 2-20 and went back to work 2-23. I have not had a fill yet of course bcuz I am only 5 days postoperative but feel great and the weight is already coming off. Good luck to u all

Jstus4now,,

It wasnt that back... you doing well? What was your game plan when you came home... what did you drink? and how much?How much did you lose already...

I am doing great. Stay hydrated and lots of walking. That also helps get rid of some of that trapped air I had surgery Monday. No pain meds since tues. I have been drinking Vitamin Water zero, chicken broth, sugar free Popsicles. Thurs I started Protein Shakes but I am not even hungry but u must stay hydrated . Are u banded or scheduled to be?

Im scheduled for March 2,.... so gets hydrated....how is the scar...