Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok friends, help me out. I dont like the food input on fitbit.com, so I was using previous suggestions here and logged food into myfitnesspal- I agree, much better site., But how do I get it to sync with fitbit? How do I get my food from myfitnesspal to fitbit.com? Thansk.

I don't use myfitness pal, but I do use loseit. Right now, the sync only goes from the fitbit to loseit. They say they're working to sync from loseit back to fitbit, and it should be coming soon, but right now its only one way.

Ok friends, help me out. I dont like the food input on fitbit.com, so I was using previous suggestions here and logged food into myfitnesspal- I agree, much better site., But how do I get it to sync with fitbit? How do I get my food from myfitnesspal to fitbit.com? Thansk.

Sign in to myfitnesspal and then click on the tools tab. Near the top on the right it shows a couple of fitbit ultras and says learn more about fitbit ultra in blue letters. Click on that and it takes you to an area where you can link both together. Keep in mind when logging on fitnesspal it only shows a meal summary on the fitbit site. It does transfer the calories, Proteins, carbs etc, but it doesn't list each individual food eaten. smile.png

I am thinking of getting a fitbit too. I used to have a bodybugg and I hated how bulky is was and hated it being strapped to my arm all the time.

I had the bodybugg too, and switched to the Fitbit a couple weeks before my 6 month subscription expired. I tested both together to see how accurate the Fitbit was (I admit, I was sceptical that the $100 device could do the same thing as the more expensive Bodybugg). I found that the Fitbit actually reported about a 300 calorie burn less, which I was okay with. If it was showing more, I would have been concerned.

I just noticed on the Fitbit website today that they are coming out with a new wifi scale called the Fitbit Aria! wub.png I've been contemplating buying the Withing scale, but the reviews stating the lack of customer service put me off. The only down side is that the Aria is on pre-order and does not come out til April!

I had the bodybugg too, and switched to the Fitbit a couple weeks before my 6 month subscription expired. I tested both together to see how accurate the Fitbit was (I admit, I was sceptical that the $100 device could do the same thing as the more expensive Bodybugg). I found that the Fitbit actually reported about a 300 calorie burn less, which I was okay with. If it was showing more, I would have been concerned.

I just noticed on the Fitbit website today that they are coming out with a new wifi scale called the Fitbit Aria! wub.png I've been contemplating buying the Withing scale, but the reviews stating the lack of customer service put me off. The only down side is that the Aria is on pre-order and does not come out til April!

I was hoping I would hear from someone that could compare the two! Thanks for the info. The main reason I didn't like the bodybugg is because it had to be worn on the arm all the time. I got tired of people always asking me what it was, lol. I like how compact and small the fitbit is and the fact that it be worn in the pocket or bra.

The only thing Fitbit does not record is fills, and I pretty much use it for everything. There is a Journal where you can enter misc. information, so you could even use the Journal to keep track of fills. I find it's not great to use on my android phone, but it's very easy from a desktop or laptop. My surgeon recommended the Lose It app for my phone, and I think they've got a much bigger database for food, so it's sometimes easier to log food on that site. Right now, you can sync your fitbit account with Lose It, and they're supposed to be working on getting food logged in Lose It to go back to the Fitbit. I can't wait for that!

Hey! I see you use Android. Try our new LBT App for Android out over here.

The only thing Fitbit does not record is fills, and I pretty much use it for everything. There is a Journal where you can enter misc. information, so you could even use the Journal to keep track of fills. I find it's not great to use on my android phone, but it's very easy from a desktop or laptop. My surgeon recommended the Lose It app for my phone, and I think they've got a much bigger database for food, so it's sometimes easier to log food on that site. Right now, you can sync your fitbit account with Lose It, and they're supposed to be working on getting food logged in Lose It to go back to the Fitbit. I can't wait for that!

Hey! I see you use Android. Try our new LBT App for Android out over here.

Thanks Alex! I just downloaded it. smile.png

Thanks to everyone here saying they liked the FitBit better I researched the two and felt the same way and ran out today and bought it. Went to our nearby Bestbuy but they only had the blue ultra. I rather have the pink one so had to drive a good 25 miles to the closet BestBuy and got the pink one. :-) Charging it up as we speak. Getting familiar with the website. Can't wait to start to use it tomorrow morning. Thank you all for sharing. This is a great support group I must say since recently having my lapband surgery 3 weeks ago. I'm learning so much information for all.

I just got one a few weeks ago as my birtday present. So far I really like it. It comes with me where ever I go and at the end of the night I just just plug it in and it uploads the info to the website. Very user friendly! I also have synced myfitnesspal.com to fitbit.com! I love that feature

just ordered my fitbit today, should be here by tomorrow, i am also having a hard time deciding which calorie counting program/app to use! im sooo picky!

just ordered my fitbit today, should be here by tomorrow, i am also having a hard time deciding which calorie counting program/app to use! im sooo picky!

I hope you love it, it really is a motivating tool! As for the calorie program, I use the integrated Fitbit site. It's a pain at first to enter the foods you eat, but if you regularly eat the same things, it's no problem. I really like the simplicity of visiting just one site.

i sent you a friend invite!! so excited!

can someone tell me, does all the food info carry over from myfitnesspal, or just the calories? does that make sense?

I ordered mine from bestbuy, was supposed to be in the store on Sunday. Then I got an email saying it will be delayed. But they already took my money out of my account, i thought places didn't take money until the item is shipped, or at least ready to be shipped. so I can wait it out at Best Buy, or cancel the order and re-pay through somewhere like Amazon. but then I'm out the 100$ while I wait for Best Buy reimbursement. I'm so frustrated. I already convinced my brother (also a lap bander) to get one- he ordered his through Amazon and is up and running. We have a freindly competition going- but can't start until mine shows up.

So I'm frustrated and waiting.... So excited to hear everyone's stories about how well they're doing with theirs. so I have high hope. I was thinking about paying for the prime service because it looks like it will look at what you're doing for exercise and recommend a program to gradually increase your exercise over time- that sounds like a challenge I could use. An excuse to stop slacking in the exercise department.

I am using myfitnesspal for food and once set up it does automatically sync with fitbit.com. So i'm happy about that.

Keep you posted, wish it would arrive!

Tabby.